General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

About 10:15 last night. Rose at 4:30.

Rise of the Machines, hmm?

I used to get away with 5-6 hours but these days if I don't get 8 I'm in a right fucking fettle all day.

It's about enjoying the best part of the day before the rest of the world gets up and starts running its dirty whore mouth.

I do love the peace and quiet of them couple of hours before the madness starts, I must admit. I normally set my alarm for 6.30am so I can have an hour to myself before I have to get the bairn up, but I've been awake long before it recently.

Mind I am coming round to the idea of moving the hangover to the sofa, or the garden, instead of staying in bed.

I've toyed with the idea of snoozing in the garden after a nightshift when the weather is particularly nice as I feel like I'm missing out by going to bed, but I'd end up looking like Rodney out of OFaH when he falls asleep on the sunbed.

Mind I am coming round to the idea of moving the hangover to the sofa, or the garden, instead of staying in bed.

Just wear a wooly hat

I've toyed with the idea of snoozing in the garden after a nightshift when the weather is particularly nice as I feel like I'm missing out by going to bed, but I'd end up looking like Rodney out of OFaH when he falls asleep on the sunbed.

Remember getting back to my mam and dads in the early hours of a break from Uni and realising I was too stumble drunk to navigate the house without waking everyone up, so I figured I'd grab a couple of hours on the garden bench before they woke up.

Cue my mam waking me up with a bacon sarnie and a cuppa about 10am :cantlook:

And that's diferent to how you look now because.......

Remember getting back to my mam and dads in the early hours of a break from Uni and realising I was too stumble drunk to navigate the house without waking everyone up, so I figured I'd grab a couple of hours on the garden bench before they woke up.

Cue my mam waking me up with a bacon sarnie and a cuppa about 10am :cantlook:

You'd have broke the bench when you were at uni.

You'd have broke the bench when you were at uni.

I was surviving on a diet of take away and lager. I defy anyone to exist on that and not put on a little winter warming wobble.

Sexy as fuck now though.

I've just been in the slowest crash of my life :lol:

Some divvy rear-ended me at about 1mph whilst I was sitting in stationary in traffic, and still managed to leave a dent in the bodywork. :redcard:

Ffs. I'm handing the thing back in a couple of weeks too.

I'm starting to regularly wake (and actually get up) at 5am. What's that all about?!

For the last year or so I've routinely woken up at anywhere between 4.30-6.30am on a weekend and always just get up then. I think the latest I can remember sleeping in recent months is about 7.30am.

I sometimes fall back into a light sleep on the sofa while watching TV or listening to the radio once I've gone downstairs, but generally speaking I'm up for the day. It's especially nice at this time of year because I always chin the neighbours at getting the washing on the line first. :blush:

I must admit I love waking up early, wor lad likes a lie in so it's a bit of time to myself to catch up on whatever I want to watch/read. I'd absolutely hate it if one day I ended up sleeping in until 10 or something, it'd feel like a real waste.

When I've got work mind I usually try and doze if I wake up early rather than getting straight up. With the exception of Friday mornings, those are for bathroom cleaning as soon as I wake up. :D

Edited by Jill

I've just been in the slowest crash of my life :lol:

Some divvy rear-ended me at about 1mph whilst I was sitting in stationary in traffic, and still managed to leave a dent in the bodywork. :redcard:

Ffs. I'm handing the thing back in a couple of weeks too.

That sucks. I assume he's paying for it though?

Him/his insurance, aye.

I was initially a tad stroppy, then realised I was being a twunt. :lol:

I'll plough through the paperwork tomorrow, can't be arsed tonight.

Fair play actually, I think a lot of people fly off the handle very quickly over cars, but while yeah, it's not ideal that someone went into the back of you, it's also not like they did it on purpose.

That makes it sound like I've done the same thing, but to date I've never ended up in any such situation. The missus put the car through a bush once though. Actually quite impressive...