General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I've just had a look for this suit in order to prove the only thing that is shiny is your memory, sadly tinypic has deleted it so you may continue with your delusion.

I've never seen Oswalt's stand-up, but people going to comedy shows and claiming offence is canny mental. They're jokes ffs.

I think his twitter thing was in response to the reaction to Jon Stewart's replacement on the Daily Show?

Honestly I don't know. I know from Bill Burr's podcast that he (Oswalt) recently did an interview with someone where he was trying to explain that, no, they don't have a right to reserve a list of things that they can and can't take offence at and expect a comedian to adhere to that, if they are coming to a comedy show. So I assumed it was just another evolution of that rant.

Honestly I don't know. I know from Bill Burr's podcast that he (Oswalt) recently did an interview with someone where he was trying to explain that, no, they don't have a right to reserve a list of things that they can and can't take offence at and expect a comedian to adhere to that, if they are coming to a comedy show. So I assumed it was just another evolution of that rant.

He's not wrong like. You've chosen to put yourself in that place; if you can't swim you shouldn't jump in a pool.

Also, context is, as ever, really important. If Al Murray is making jokes about foreigners that's one thing, but when Jim Davidson does it.. well it's a totally different kettle of fish isn't it?

Aye it's a nonsense. Like you say, context is important.

Do you listen to podcasts btw? You might like The Champs. It's Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher and they get comedians on (only black comedians) and natter on. It's funny stuff.