General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

To be honest mate, unless you're living near a big open area I'd hold off. You want a dog, not an accessory and anything smaller than a Beagle is just drop volley practise.

We do live near a fair few parks and that, honestly Bulldogs are one of the best breeds for city living from our research. They are also quite a bit bigger than a Beagle.

Its either this or a kid and fuck that noise.

We do live near a fair few parks and that, honestly Bulldogs are one of the best breeds for city living from our research. They are also quite a bit bigger than a Beagle.

Its either this or a kid and fuck that noise.

They're more than twice the weight?! Jesus christ, the fatty balatties!

fat-bulldog.jpg

Imagine trying to get that chubber to go for a walk when he doesn't want to.

but Bulldog puppies are ridiculously cute.

Totally depends on the owner but they will walk no probs if they are used to it, if you let it sit and eat then its happy to do that too. Like most dogs I imagine.

Our lass works from home and I can work from home a couple of days a week or take it to some sites with me so it wont be a mad fatty. Just need to find a decent breeder and stump up the cash now.

I had to kill one once. They had knacked it to the point that it couldn't get away but I could hear it squealing as they were flinging it around and I couldn't cope with it. So I went out, took it off them and then thought well shit, what do I do with it now.

I couldn't just put it in the bin to die a slow death and I couldn't put it somewhere to run away cos it was definitely going to die - it was fucked. So I did what anyone holding a mouse in their hand by its tail would do and brayed it off the fence post. Twice. The first one didn't kill it and it let out a squeal that will haunt me to my dying day. Second one seemed to do the job and in the bin it went

I still feel really really shitty about it. :lol:

Aye it's brutal, I hate doing mouse clearup. I don't think I'll ever intervene and kill one again, I'll just stick some headphones in and pretend it isn't happening.

I saw one of mine catch a bird out of the air once in its gob. It didn't seem to bite it or anything but the bird immediately died. Those things must be running on shitty tickers or something.

I had to kill one once. They had knacked it to the point that it couldn't get away but I could hear it squealing as they were flinging it around and I couldn't cope with it. So I went out, took it off them and then thought well shit, what do I do with it now.

I couldn't just put it in the bin to die a slow death and I couldn't put it somewhere to run away cos it was definitely going to die - it was fucked. So I did what anyone holding a mouse in their hand by its tail would do and brayed it off the fence post. Twice. The first one didn't kill it and it let out a squeal that will haunt me to my dying day. Second one seemed to do the job and in the bin it went

Had to murder one that had got itself stuck on duct tape at my lasses flat. We were off to a wedding that weekend and I finished a night shift, got to hers so I could grab a few hours sleep, but she woke me an hour later to get rid of the poor bastard. It was the squealing that tipped me over the edge. I just had to make it stop squealing. You would have done the same thing. Anyone would have snapped. I had to choose between it's suffering or my sanity. In a way I think I ended both. I used a boot. A boot for fucks sake, as if trying to gnaw its own legs off wasn't bad enough, it suffered the ignominy of being ushered off to greet the choir eternal by the back end of a Timberland boot. The first blow killed I think, but I wanted to make sure and hit it again. After that I cut the duct tape and put him in a sainsbury's plastic bag and dumped him in the nearest outside bin to her flat.

Any high pitched noise takes me back there.

Vet?

No, she would never run off. She likes to lie down in the fields with a stick or just sniffing around while I walk on. Usually a quick whistle gets her to come, but now as long as I'm in sight she just continues to chill.

In the house she plonks herself at the bottom of the stairs and various odd places but would always move when someone approached. We got used to this. Now she doesn't move causing all sorts of near accidents.

She'll have us trained shortly :lol:

As for cats. Evil creatures. Someone said recently something like "mans the only thing on the planet that kills for fun". Tell that to mice.

Fields have just been harvested so each day I am clearing up a mouse massacre in the garden. They just catch them, throw them around, let the little mouse think he's escaped.... Repeat. Urgggh!

Nowt wrong with wor cat. Every time I get in he's owa to me. "PUURRRRRR PURRRR FUCKIN STEVIE PURRRRRRR" always purrs like he's happy. Has the occasional huff but very rarely. Cats can be wonderful, they're a bit like dogs in that if their owners are canny they will be, while they're depressed angry charva cunts if their owners are and there's many humans of that type knocking about. Only thing I don't love about him is he was born in Sunderland.

Edited by McFaul

Put a bell on the cat's collar then it'll find it harder to catch prey. The Aussies do it because their native fauna has been decimated by domestic cats.

I'd love to get a dog but it's just not practical with the hours we work as we are both out for a lot of the day and don't live near work. We'd need dog walkers in every day and I'm of the opinion that if it's our dog, we should be the ones looking after it.

When I win the lottery though... I'll probably screw all my dreams of travelling the world by immediately getting a puppy. :lol: