General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

27m extra costs mean prices need to rise but his 6.4m has no effect.

I can't get my head around their average salary being 10k - how the fuck do people live on that?

Multiple zero hour jobs?

27m extra costs mean prices need to rise

Think this is a view that the high street will gladly have people buying into if they can all lift prices 6%. The very notion that those costs could possibly come from the £350m 6 month profits Next enjoyed (not including christmas) is unthinkable. Whatever costs are incurred, whoever takes a hit, it must NEVER be the shareholders.

Think this is a view that the high street will gladly have people buying into if they can all lift prices 6%. The very notion that those costs could possibly come from the £350m 6 month profits Next enjoyed (not including christmas) is unthinkable. Whatever costs are incurred, whoever takes a hit, it must NEVER be the shareholders.

Aye, there should be an element of shame attached to the fact that they aren't paying people enough. The brazen way that they think it's perfectly acceptable to maintain margins by charging the customer rather than have it affect shareholder returns or perhaps by reducing the no doubt lucrative bonuses shared amongst the exec team is a disgrace.

The brazen way that they think it's perfectly acceptable to maintain margins by charging the customer rather than have it affect shareholder returns or perhaps by reducing the no doubt lucrative bonuses shared amongst the exec team is a disgrace.

That's up to the customer decide though. If they don't like it then they won't buy their coffee. Personally I can't see it hitting sales too much.

Great North Run tomorrow. I'm bored, I just want tonight out of the way so I can get going. :lol:

What's the old, you know, the old rules on, well, you know what I'm saying on, err, doing anything too, err, strenuous before a big sports event? Because that might give you something to do if, you know, it's not strictly verboten.

Nudge1.jpeg

:whistling:

You know there are now pay-at-the-pump petrol stations? Are you able to type in, say, £30 and then the pump will dispense that and no more? If not, why not?

Probably because Esso & BP and that love the extra pennies every time anyone goes over, must add up to a few million.

I just fill it up every time personally.

I suppose it's a bit daft mind you, I'm not likely to be paying with cash, so why do I care if it's £30:00 or £30:01? :dunno:

Probably because Esso & BP and that love the extra pennies every time anyone goes over, must add up to a few million.

I just fill it up every time personally.

Doesn't that cost more because of the extra weight making the car less fuel efficient though?

Doesn't that cost more because of the extra weight making the car less fuel efficient though?

:D

Probably, but I'm not Lewis Hamilton. I'd rather buy petrol once a fortnight than every two days. And the environmentalists can sort out electric cars before they have a pop.

:D

Probably, but I'm not Lewis Hamilton. I'd rather buy petrol once a fortnight than every two days. And the environmentalists can sort out electric cars before they have a pop.

I don't drive to work (except on rare occasions) so I don't use much diesel but I'd always assumed that was the case with the extra weight. I'd probably do what you do if I was going through a full tank every two weeks though. I only ever fill the tank if we're off to the Lakes for a week or something like that.

You do realize even if you asked for more than what you need, you still only get charged for that amount you paid for. They have the same system in Finland, they had that there well over a decade now.