General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Slightly bemused. Just won an award for a paper I got published. Never won anything like this before. Good for the CV though and the money will come in handy. :D

Well done, mate

Just got a letter from my bank giving me £244 for a PPI claim I put in a couple of years ago, its a recalculation, think I originally got £130. Better than a poke in the eye, I suppose. :)

Well done, Renton. Was your paper on hijabs or Corbyn? ;)

Coincidentally, we had a paper accepted today too in a publication called Cancer Treatment Reviews. We started the work in late 2012 so its been a long time coming. Only my second paper this year like, not the scope to do lots like Renton. Nor will it get an award either, that's good work that Rents.

Slightly bemused. Just won an award for a paper I got published. Never won anything like this before. Good for the CV though and the money will come in handy. :D

Congrats

This is like internet comments out in the wild, they're just not ready to leave the safety of anonymity yet.

I bet the lass gets shit via social media after this as well.

I had a bloke rang up on Saturday wanting to view it on the following Tuesday at an unspecified time. Tuesday rolls around and I've heard nowt so I ring the estate agent who tells me this bloke has gone off the map but she's trying to get in touch with him and will get back to me.

At 2pm I ring her to say "what the fuck?" and she says he wanted to see it at 4 but she can't get in touch and I should just assume it isn't happening. Fine. I tell her even if he rings in at this stage he can swivel, it's not happening.

3:45 I get a text telling me the viewing is confirmed for half 4, followed by an immediate phonecall from a different lass who wasn't aware of the earlier conversation I'd had. She convinces me to go ahead with it, he'll be there at half 4.

4:35 I get a call to say that he's just rang and "something came up" and he can't make it. I told her if he rang again to reschedule, to make the appointment, fully intending to just give him the Vs out the window or open the door and tell him "something came up" and he can't come in, depending on how hard he looked. :lol:

:lol: When we were looking for a new house we were interested in viewing one but the bloke stated you had to have a sale agreed on yours first. I.e. you couldn't look at his until someone had agreed to buy yours. Who the fuck is going to do that? About six months later it's still on the market (his I mean).

@@Howmanheyman There's loads of nosy fuckers do shit like that I reckon.

I knew pretty much straight away they wouldn't be making an offer, they couldn't get out quick enough, said it was above their top line. They're coming from a two bed flat and mine's a five bedroom with new bathrooms and new kitchen. You've got to look I suppose, just in case you can find the extra money but the feedback was it way out of their bracket, the estate agent even apologised.

@@Gemmill, how hard is it to arrange a viewing? :lol:

Honestly, some people are so rude. I had a few Indian couples round that both spoke perfectly good English, but would turn to one another and start talking in Indian while I was showing them round. You feel like you're making up the numbers in your own house. I felt like just throwing them out.

Honestly, some people are so rude. I had a few Indian couples round that both spoke perfectly good English, but would turn to one another and start talking in Indian while I was showing them round. You feel like you're making up the numbers in your own house. I felt like just throwing them out.

Renton-lite to be honest.

;)

[emoji38] They were specifically talking about shit in the room we were stood in, while I just stood looking G awkward. Fuck them tbh.

Should have launched an app to translate what they were saying. Tell them if it's private to leave the room.

In my previous job I had two Russian cunts switching languages mid conversation while they were talking to me, sentence by sentence, depending whether it needed my input at that stage. I ended up getting up and leaving.