General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just remembered something else about my house sale. The first estate agent that came wanted us to put it on the market at 20k less than we thought we might get. She'd basically decided the price before she'd even looked at it going off some other ones in the street, taking no account of the work we'd had done and the state of some of the ones that had sold recently (basically period properties in need of modernisation). She basically listed what she considered the negatives like parking, lack of a back garden. I was thinking, aren't you supposed to be representing us rather than making your life as easy as possible? She was genuinely put out when we said we'd consult some other estate agents rather than go with them. Anyway, we went with someone else, at the price we thought we could get and we had 3 viewings, 2 of which offered the full asking price. The fucking bint.

I had 3 estate agents out. 2 said it was worth one thing and one said was worth 25 grand more than them. I ended up getting 17k more than the first two said I should list it for. They don't know what they're talking about half the time.

I had 3 estate agents out. 2 said it was worth one thing and one said was worth 25 grand more than them. I ended up getting 17k more than the first two said I should list it for. They don't know what they're talking about half the time.

Well it's not like it's their job or anything

Jesus, stop banging on about it man.

the estate agent business is crying out for proper regulation. any half-wit in an ill-fitting, shiny suit can become one. it's a struggle to find one i can bear to be in the same room as.

the estate agent business is crying out for proper regulation. any half-wit in an ill-fitting, shiny suit can become one. it's a struggle to find one i can bear to be in the same room as.

It'd be a vote winner.

they get massive commission for basically having the keys to show you around. that's the extent of what they do as far as i can see. the last time i bought, the muppet showing us around couldn't ask a single question i put to him.

I suppose it depended on whether they thought the stain glassed window took £10k or £100k off the value of the house.

Edit:Dammit, too slow.

Edited by ewerk