General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I once (genuinely accidentally) misreported my A Level results on a job application. The bloke interviewing me said "So you got so and so on your A levels...."

"no I didn't"

Turns the application form so I can see it....

"Oh.....that's not what I got."

To his credit, he didn't sling me out immediately, but I think we both knew that we were just playing out a scene from that point on.

My eldest daughter's been stressed to fuck about her GCSEs, (she takes after me about getting up a height, the poor girl), but....she's actually done very well including a couple where none of us, her included, thought she had a chance in. Relieved and happy for her. :D

• Like 3

Coming to the end of day 1 in New Zealand.

I've had a thrilling time so far, I got in about 3pm yesterday, went to bed and stayed there until 7am today.

Went to bed bath and beyond today and bought bedding and towels, my landlady was kind enough to leave a bed made up for my arrival but that stuff isn't staying.

Need to get a car and a guitar sorted over the next few days and I'll be ready to get to work on the 3rd.

On 8/25/2018 at 16:50, Andrew said:

I've had a thrilling time so far, I got in about 3pm yesterday, went to bed and stayed there until 7am today.

Went to bed bath and beyond today and bought bedding and towels, my landlady was kind enough to leave a bed made up for my arrival but that stuff isn't staying.

Need to get a car and a guitar sorted over the next few days and I'll be ready to get to work on the 3rd.

Welcome to Aotearoa! You might want to try Trademe.co.nz for car and guitar

On 25/08/2018 at 05:50, Andrew said:

get a les Paul 

On 26/08/2018 at 19:52, Andrew said:

I don't really like Les Pauls, also they're expensive as fuck over here

Ah right. Can't go too wrong with another Squier then tbh.

Quite fancy one their Les Paul Jrs or aged Les Paul's but it's just costume jewellery & they can't possibly be decent guitars.

That said if you whacked some decent pickups..... :scratchchin: 

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Quite fancy one their Les Paul Jrs or aged Les Paul's but it's just costume jewellery & they can't possibly be decent guitars.

That said if you whacked some decent pickups..... :scratchchin: 

Bit of a setup to take off the rough edges...

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Bit of a setup to take off the rough edges...

It's tempting now. If I got one I'd ask for it without a logo on the headstock mind :lol: 

Anyone incinerated their running shoes then?....

Am tempted to do something sweepingly “right on” and bandwagoni-ish like go out and buy a pair of Cortez for the first time in 30 odd years but they’re 70 fuckin quid now...the revolution can wait.. :cuppa: 

• Like 1