Mighty Aussies vs Italy

Steve

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope OZ win this one,

I think there will be an upset in this round and thank god it wasn't us yesterday so maybe this could be the upset!!

COME ON OZ

153506[/snapback]

hope they get slaughtered :blink:

oh, you shouldn't laugh....

:blink::rolleyes:

waiting for the "We wuz robbed" comments to be delivered without a hint of irony

Edited by Geordie Fish

If a player goes to ground like that so close to an attacking forward he's expected to be used to go over. It happens countless time and while although that doesn't make it right it's the way football is.

If Rooney does that on Saturday I dare say there would be a few different opinions here.

If a player goes to ground like that so close to an attacking forward he's expected to be used to go over. It happens countless time and while although that doesn't make it right it's the way football is.

If Rooney does that on Saturday I dare say there would be a few different opinions here.

153588[/snapback]

Spot on Sima. Neill's challenge was awful. Blocked a non-existent shot and provided a hurdle for the Italian to fall over in the process. They don't need to be asked twice in that situation.

153588[/snapback]

Exactly.

only saw it on the recap. Disgraceful decision

:blink:

where was the ref from?

153583[/snapback]

Spain. Don't think the referee can be blamed too much there, it was the player who did that shocking dive who deserves the blame.

153588[/snapback]

The fact remains it was not even close to being a pen, and that is all that matters, especially as the ref had a perfect view of it.

If Rooney did it i would say exactly the same, no penalty, the only difference is i'd be delighted the ref had fucked up, but my view of it not being a penalty wouldn't change in the slightest.

The aussies were shafted on that decision, but on the plus side Cahill will be gutted and that makes me happy!