First Match

Craig

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I remember was John Anderson got a given a car, I was baffled why footballers who earn a lot of money were handed free cars...

183635[/snapback]

One of those Rover 214's with 'John Anderson drives for Benfield Motors' tackily written down the side of it no doubt?

My parents were once looking at new houses in Hexham and there sitting on the driveway of one of the neighbouring houses was a car with 'Mick Quinn drives for Benfield Motors' written down the side of it...

If ever there was an advert for where players live ;)

183640[/snapback]

:blush: Craig knows the make and model.

183645[/snapback]

Was a guess man - was just trying to think of the shittest car at that time...

Oh amd Gemmill, reg was:

regmq8.gif:pray:

All I remember was John Anderson got a given a car, I was baffled why footballers who earn a lot of money were handed free cars...

183635[/snapback]

One of those Rover 214's with 'John Anderson drives for Benfield Motors' tackily written down the side of it no doubt?

My parents were once looking at new houses in Hexham and there sitting on the driveway of one of the neighbouring houses was a car with 'Mick Quinn drives for Benfield Motors' written down the side of it...

If ever there was an advert for where players live ;)

183640[/snapback]

:blush: Craig knows the make and model.

183645[/snapback]

Was a guess man - was just trying to think of the shittest car at that time...

Oh amd Gemmill, reg was:

regmq8.gif:puke:

183674[/snapback]

Hasn't J69 got that? :pray:

Away to Wimbledon in '97 I think. Asprilla scored a free kick. Game finished 1-1(possibly).

First game at SJP was home to Leeds around 3 years ago.

Up until Souness arrived, I had never been to a game where we hadn't scored.(West Ham last season)

I always thought my first game was against West Brom, turns out it was Birmingham in 02/03.

My main memory of the day is being half cut, us qualifying for the CL and chatting to Neil Ruddock in the player's lounge.

Away to Wimbledon in '97 I think. Asprilla scored a free kick. Game finished 1-1(possibly).

Up until Souness arrived, I had never been to a game where we hadn't scored.(West Ham last season)

183692[/snapback]

I had some mates over from America for that West Ham game. They nodded off it was that dull. Having spent three years over there telling them how great football is in this country I looked a right spanner. ;)

First ever seen: Newcastle vs. Aston Villa, Saint James' Park, September 30, 1996 (also first ever premiership match)

First in person: Newcastle at Wimbledon, Selhurst Park, March 23, 1997

First at SJP: Newcastle vs. Chelsea, December 29, 2001

183692[/snapback]

My first game in person as well. Right-on with the 1-1 result and Tino free-kick equalizer.

We were pretty poor on the night and the free-kick wasn't anything other than Sullivan being crap.

183692[/snapback]

I was at that game ;)

183692[/snapback]

My first game in person as well. Right-on with the 1-1 result and Tino free-kick equalizer.

We were pretty poor on the night and the free-kick wasn't anything other than Sullivan being crap.

183704[/snapback]

That was the first game I took my kids to

Manchester City at home, October 1986, won 3-1 including goals from Gazza and the mighty Tony C.

First away games were the friendlies against Nykvarn and Katrineholm in 1988. Soopafansson tbh.

183692[/snapback]

I had some mates over from America for that West Ham game. They nodded off it was that dull. Having spent three years over there telling them how great football is in this country I looked a right spanner. ;)

183698[/snapback]

I brought a mate over for that game as well. Got very drunk before the game, and amused myself by abusing Roy Carroll. Shame he had a good game!

We were absolutely rotten that day. My next game that season was home to Blackburn. I flew over with my girlfriend, and it was her first game in SJP. We were fucking rotten that day as well. She loved it though!

Bringing her over for the Fulham game in a couple of weeks, hope we're a bit better.

That Wimbledon game in Selhurst Park was a bit of a pain for me. It was my first Toon game, andSky fucked me over, by announcing that the game was gonna be changed to the Sunday for tv. I ended up having to leave early and missed Albert nearly scoring an og. The 1st of many times I've been screwed over by tv or flights(missed Barca, Everton, Chelsea recently)

Wolves Feb 1959 lost 3-4 after being 2-1 up - around 42,000 (standing of course)

Keith, McMichael, Scoular, Allchurch, White, Eastham, McGuigan were playing - Eastham got a couple and I think Len White got the other

The trouble was I thought every game would be that exciting................

It was against Charlton in either 86 or 87 ........................................

183593[/snapback]

Ahem Mr. Gemmell I'm 73 going on 74 ;)

Can't remember who it was against but it was in the 46-47 season, me dad took me for the first time. I do remember that Charlie Wayman was centre-forward, wor Jackie was on the wing, and Shack was playing that day.

Wolves Feb 1959 lost 3-4  after being  2-1  up - around  42,000 (standing of course)           

Keith, McMichael, Scoular, Allchurch, White, Eastham, McGuigan were playing - Eastham got a couple and I think Len White got the other                                                                   

183779[/snapback]

Craig, could you describe the goals from this match please ;)

It was against Charlton in either 86 or 87 ........................................

183593[/snapback]

Ahem Mr. Gemmell I'm 73 going on 74 :puke:

Can't remember who it was against but it was in the 46-47 season, me dad took me for the first time. I do remember that Charlie Wayman was centre-forward, wor Jackie was on the wing, and Shack was playing that day.

183780[/snapback]

Christ! That wasn't the 13-0 record defeat of Newport was it? Shack got SIX ;):blush::pray:

Tho' I'm sure you'rd remember that ...............................

Wolves Feb 1959 lost 3-4  after being  2-1  up - around  42,000 (standing of course)           

183779[/snapback]

183781[/snapback]

White got over 20 goals that season......................

183779[/snapback]

183781[/snapback]

White got over 20 goals that season......................

183783[/snapback]

Len White was always my Dads favourite player

Spurs, first game of the 88-89 season. Finished 2-2 I think, Andy Thorn scored, and it was welcome to the ugly side of football as my abiding memory of that day is Spurs black players getting goaded with monkey chants for 90 minutes.