five current facts about you!

Guest Toplass-101

3) Its not my blummin fault that I know what I know and for the record, I wouldnt ever have posted anything on here, and ive never ever told employers or the press anything, lets face it, its been going on so long now its hardly "news"

What is that bit about??

Come on Radgi, I can see you lurking :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) Its not my blummin fault that I know what I know and for the record, I wouldnt ever have posted anything on here, and ive never ever told employers or the press anything, lets face it, its been going on so long now its hardly "news"

What is that bit about??

Come on Radgi, I can see you lurking :)

:D I was reading through some of my old "pisshead" posts...ahh those were the days :nufc: ...re the above I have no idea what it was about , kept my nose out for a change :razz:

Whatever happened to Toplass btw?

Adiós Cya Ciao Farewell G'bye Cheerio Ta-ta Salut Toodlepip Auf Wiedersehen pet! *waves

1) Im out of here, the threats/shit ive been sent via email, folk id PM blocked, far outweighs the nice banter we used to have on here, which is all but lost now anyways (I tried to bring it back yesterday but it was too big a task even for lill old me)

2) Id like some of you to stay in touch, if anyone wants to, just ask Ragi or Scottish Mag or Stevie or Goldie or 2J or Daveytait or Craig or Mags for my MSN/ email address.

4) I think its quite fitting that my last ever post on TT is in the longest thread I ever created (even though some folk dont like the thread to be fair, it has started some canny conversations over the months) perhaps it should be locked in my honour

5) anyways, Toplass, and the legend I never was (unlike Kevin Keegan), has left the building *SLAMS the door behind her

( July 19th 2007)

and off she went :) TL is a proper biker chick now , Harleys and leathers and everything :razz:

She was a good lass, and other parties are good funny lads too. Maybe I had a small role in the crack but I'm sorry for that, too nosey for my own good sometimes. Moral of the story is don't comment unless you know all the facts from all angles.

What is that bit about??

Some rocks are best left unturned.

Winter Olympics tbh

indeed february in canada....... swimming pools are all frozen and have people playing hockey on them ;)

The winter Olympics ;) is it classed as an Olympics? I didn't even know what country it was in, in fact the only one I can ever remember was in Canada, Calgary I think. I don't even think we show it on TV let alone publicise it.

Winter Olympics tbh

indeed february in canada....... swimming pools are all frozen and have people playing hockey on them :icon_lol:

The winter Olympics ;) is it classed as an Olympics? I didn't even know what country it was in, in fact the only one I can ever remember was in Canada, Calgary I think. I don't even think we show it on TV let alone publicise it.

like i said before 'magnifying glass trained on the UK' , and it doesn't surprise me about the lack of coverage, UK isn't really (on a normal year) a winter sport hotbed is it?however there is a huge world out beyond the borders of the UK stevie, i know i know.....none of it will be as good as it is in the UK, ;) but it might not be all bad either...... B)

Winter Olympics tbh

indeed february in canada....... swimming pools are all frozen and have people playing hockey on them :icon_lol:

like i said before 'magnifying glass trained on the UK' , and it doesn't surprise me about the lack of coverage, UK isn't really (on a normal year) a winter sport hotbed is it?however there is a huge world out beyond the borders of the UK stevie, i know i know.....none of it will be as good as it is in the UK, ;) but it might not be all bad either...... B)

True. It aint all bad. You seem to think the UK just considers the UK, especially in sport, but we're not that insular, we get Spanish football here on a weekend, and Italian although most normal people don't watch Serie A.

Edited by Stevie

Winter Olympics tbh

like i said before 'magnifying glass trained on the UK' , and it doesn't surprise me about the lack of coverage, UK isn't really (on a normal year) a winter sport hotbed is it?however there is a huge world out beyond the borders of the UK stevie, i know i know.....none of it will be as good as it is in the UK, ;) but it might not be all bad either...... :icon_lol:

True. It aint all bad. You seem to think the UK just considers the UK, especially in sport, but we're not that insular, we get Spanish football here on a weekend, and Italian although most normal people don't watch Serie A.

hahahaha......no stevie i was talking about you....... B)

I'll be watching it like. Especially as it's in Vancouver (I realise the skiing's in Whistler btw).

the freestyle (moguls, arials and ski-cross) are at the hills surrounding (and visible from) vancouver and I think the halfpipe and slalom snowboard events are as well but I can't remember which is where Cypress and Seymour are the ones that come to mind but then there is Grouse Mtn as well.

When they take photos/film the snow boarders from uphill at the halfpipe there will be some crazy shots of downtown vancouver as the back drop, it looks like the riders are going to land across Seymour Arm.

1. I have just taken a trip down memory lane reading the first few pages of this thread Strange! Where did those years go? ;)

2. I am cold sat here so I'm thinking of making a coffee and 2 slices of Bovril on toast

3. I am no longer a blond

4. I have two beanie bears sat here on the desk, a TUFC one and an NUFC one!

5. Life is good.

howay TR, were you a dyed blonde before ?

I had blonde highlights...but now I'm dark chocolate brown with alittle ice chesnut too. Oh yeah B)

you should put the blonde back ;)

1. I have just taken a trip down memory lane reading the first few pages of this thread Strange! Where did those years go? ;)

2. I am cold sat here so I'm thinking of making a coffee and 2 slices of Bovril on toast

5. Life is good.

I had blonde highlights...but now I'm dark chocolate brown with alittle ice chesnut too. Oh yeah :icon_lol:

Blondes have more fun eh?? B) I'm loving having dark hair atm!

Edited by Toonraider

I'll be watching it like. Especially as it's in Vancouver (I realise the skiing's in Whistler btw).

the freestyle (moguls, arials and ski-cross) are at the hills surrounding (and visible from) vancouver and I think the halfpipe and slalom snowboard events are as well but I can't remember which is where Cypress and Seymour are the ones that come to mind but then there is Grouse Mtn as well.

When they take photos/film the snow boarders from uphill at the halfpipe there will be some crazy shots of downtown vancouver as the back drop, it looks like the riders are going to land across Seymour Arm.

HOCKEY!!! OLYMPIC HOCKEY, MAN!!!

Can't wait to see U.S., Canada, Russia, and Czech Republic. Those are going to be some strong teams. Canada taking the top line from the Sharks, U.S. throwing a young and inexperienced gritty team out there, Datsyuk centering Ovechkin and Semin? Wow. Gonna be some good puck being played.

5. Life is good.

I had blonde highlights...but now I'm dark chocolate brown with alittle ice chesnut too. Oh yeah :icon_lol:

I'm more worried about what the fuck 'ICE CHESTNUT' is ???????????????????????

I do like brown pubes on a woman though B)

Can't wait to see U.S., Canada, Russia, and Czech Republic. Those are going to be some strong teams. Canada taking the top line from the Sharks, U.S. throwing a young and inexperienced gritty team out there, Datsyuk centering Ovechkin and Semin? Wow. Gonna be some good puck being played.

Growing up, I just LOVED those games. Magic, sheer magic.

5. Life is good.

Blondes have more fun eh?? B) I'm loving having dark hair atm!

speaking for myself ? Yes :icon_lol:

i'm worried though canada has had a bad habit of choking on the big stage...(sound familiar) so much hype for the olympic team and how 'it's our game so of course we'll get the gold medal', but just look at the world junior tournament this year and we got out played by the US team. I just hope there isn't a sense of entitlement by the canadian players. but i agree its going to be some great hockey

Growing up, I just LOVED those games. Magic, sheer magic.

True dat, man.

I say Russia vs. Canada for the gold. I have no idea if that's even how the brackets will be laid out, but that's what it ought to be. Best offense in the world (Ovechkin, Semin, Datsyuk, Malkin, Kovalchuk, etc. etc.) versus the best goaltender ever (Brodeur) on home turf? Should be stuff of legends.

I like our team selection a lot, not trotting out the old guard again, but it'll be the next Olympics where our boys will shine. If they play above their heads or the brackets get weird and a hockey version of Group C emerges, a bronze isn't out of the question, but it's unlikely we'll medal this time. It'll be great experience for our kids, however.

i'm worried though canada has had a bad habit of choking on the big stage...(sound familiar) so much hype for the olympic team and how 'it's our game so of course we'll get the gold medal', but just look at the world junior tournament this year and we got out played by the US team. I just hope there isn't a sense of entitlement by the canadian players. but i agree its going to be some great hockey

Well, keep in mind too that World Juniors is short some big name Canadian kids who are playing in the NHL. Don't get me wrong- I'm happy we won the WJC, but I don't have any illusions about what it is and who was reprsented. I really do wonder how Canada will play against Russia though. The Canada roster has a wealth of offensive defensemen- which is great, especially with the international rules, but I wonder how they're going to contain an offensively stacked team like Russia. It'll be great to watch.

To avoid further derailing this thread...

1. I'm looking for a new job.

2. My wife and I are batting around names for our son due in May.

3. Because of 1, I've been sober since before Christmas. It sucks. I don't know how y'all do it.

4. Being winter and cold here, I'm back to wasting all of my time with Warhammer: Online

5. This post took me forever to type because our black cat likes to lay down next to the keyboard, then roll over onto it.

Might as well join in with this...

1. I've been off sick today with a shivery/headachey cold (yes I'm a complete puff)

2. Doubly pissed off as I've finally made a good start to a get fit campaign over the past 10 days only to get this fucking cold.

3. It's the fault of a support contractor who sits opposite me who was coughing all day Monday - I think I might kill the fucker when I get back to work.

4. Got that MP3 player that Brock gave me the link for the other day - good gadget but yet another just off standard USB connector - manufacturers that do this (Mr Blackberry this means you as well) should be fucking shot.

5. Probably going to bed soon - fuck the match.