What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Came on when I had my phone on random, takes me back. Think this is the first proper gig I ever went to as well, supported by Anti Flag of all people.

Saw them about 15 years ago! Life on a plate was a quality album

Back when I was young I thought all 4 of their first albums were quality. Haven't listened to much of it in years now though, think I would have to put Pioneers at the top though. After that it did seem to go a bit downhill.

I liked the first record not so keen on that! It sounds a bit like the Darkness more than the Answer.

Bit harsh that! But I think I know what you mean. They have become a bit more "woooahh" chorusy types. If that makes the slightest bit of sense. First album still prob the best (only about half way through this new one).

Thoughts on Black Stone Cherry? Mention them cos I think the same thing has happened to them. Although I did think their second album was almost as excellent as their first, but then I quite like completely by the numbers rock sometimes.

Kasabian-Velociraptor! :lol:;):blush::icon_lol::blush::omgwank: :omgwank:

Think it's rubbish

I usually love Kasabian but the new album isn't doing it for me yet.

Maybe i'm a fanboy who'd love it if Serge took a shit on a plate and sold it off as music, but this is my second favourite album after West Ryder.

New album out this week. Quality band. Very good live too.

Never listened to these before - I thought they were a lot lighter? Almost pop-like?

Anyway, I'm liking this so I'll take a look at these further. Cheers for the heads up.

New album out this week. Quality band. Very good live too.

Never listened to these before - I thought they were a lot lighter? Almost pop-like?

Anyway, I'm liking this so I'll take a look at these further. Cheers for the heads up.

They're not exactly heavy, but they're not pop. Definitely a rock band. Bit more blues influenced than say Airbourne (by blues I mean more british blues rock than BB King!) Have a listen to these:

The third one and the one I originally posted are about as light as they go I'd say. The new album has a bit more of a blues twinge in places. Quite like it so far.

Very good live. They supported AC/DC on their Black Ice world tour, so saw them first at Wembley (knew their first two albums very well before then), but the sound wasn't great for them. Saw them later in one of the HMV forum type places in London, sort of mid sized rock venue, maybe 1-2k people (ish?) and they were fantastic.

(I like them a bit!)

Edited by Bonamental

AH posted that Gotye track a couple of weeks back, been meaning to say cheers for the heads up as there are 4 or 5 great tracks on the album. Our lass said Sting as well, Australian i think, more Hall & Oates 80sness for me but love the voice / style of music.

Someone else posted up the Bombay Bicycle club album and again, cheers whoever it was, got into a couple of tunes off that too.

Quite enjoying Beirut's album The Rip Tide although its just good not great.

Discovered a couple of good electronice albums recently. DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues which has a great intro proclaiming 'house it not universal, house is hyper-specific'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipOgakPJUTQ

Also enjoying Frivolous - Meteorology, worth checking out if you like decent house & techno. Good songwriting.