What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Aye, I've tagged every BBs album as "loved" as well like, so all the tracks go into my all time classic albums playlists.  But certain tracks are 5 starred individually as well, for when I'm listening to 5-star hip hop and only want  each artists very best work :D .  I can only choose music by algorithm nowadays.

Agree completely on the place and time.  I've only got 2 tracks off Big Calm by Morcheeba set to 5 stars now, and 1 off Erase and Rewind by Cardigans, but anything off those 2 take me straight back to working in a pub at 18 and getting into a lass that worked behind the bar behind her fellas back, so I love them both.

What software are you using?

Oh you're one of those people who downloads actual music. <_<

Shame, because I like the sound of your setup.

Aye, apart from borrowing a music collection, that's what I hate about all the streaming services, they simplify it for the masses.  I want detailed control of smart playlists, rather than just dragging songs in and out.

So that's the number of tracks you rate with 5* on each album?....am still analogue at heart I think, I've never even thought of doing that.

It's interesting what you say though, maybe Ill Communcations in general just evokes a feeling of a place in time? (there's dozens of records that do that for me)

PL you're 100% correct about Ill Communication being the Bestie's best work, don't let an algorithm based music listener or a "pretty fly for a white guy" gangsta sway what you know is true.

As you know music is so much more than just the sum of it's parts, it's defined by your participation - where, whom, why, when - all effect how it sits in your journey.

Even those with crap taste, listening to hits and memories FM fall into those influences, problem is Bieber or Tay Tay is playing in the background.

Anyway

PL you're 100% correct about Ill Communication being the Bestie's best work, don't let an algorithm based music listener or a "pretty fly for a white guy" gangsta sway what you know is true.

As you know music is so much more than just the sum of it's parts, it's defined by your participation - where, whom, why, when - all effect how it sits in your journey.

Even those with crap taste, listening to hits and memories FM fall into those influences, problem is Bieber or Tay Tay is playing in the background.

So it's the listener, not the song, but there's a definitive answer that allows you to snipe at other listeners? ;)

FWIW, if you read my posts, I agreed both about ill communication and that time and place outrank either innovation or maths.

So it's the listener, not the song, but there's a definitive answer that allows you to snipe at other listeners? ;)

FWIW, if you read my posts, I agreed both about ill communication and that time and place outrank either innovation or maths.

You've gone all leazemag on me there Chris ;)

Of course I read your post.

And to answer your initial question, most definitely with some, most, people, how else would explain the majority of shite music that charts/sells.

I give you stevie's love of elton john or anything music based ct said was great as examples.

Interested in your take on them (if you have an aptx device to pair them with).

I really like them but I have really low standards when it comes to sound quality.

Oh yes, think I'll spend most of tomorrow afternoon going through every Eurovision entry, indeed.

Guest blog! Guest blog! Guest blog!

Here's the runaway favourite with the bookies, anyway. 100 million views probably goes some way to explaining why. :lol:

I will gladly watch all of the videos and throw out stream of consciousness jokes about them if Eurovision fans will promise not to mock my lack of knowledge about Eastern European political voting structures.

They might, but you'd survive. It's whether you'd survive the fact that there are 43 songs that concerns me.

EDIT: Wait, no, 42 now that the Russian lass has wheelied off into the sunset.

They might, but you'd survive. It's whether you'd survive the fact that there are 43 songs that concerns me.

EDIT: Wait, no, 42 now that the Russian lass has wheelied off into the sunset.

That sounds fantastic. If I can get through all 50 tracks of that new Magnetic Fields album, I can do this.