What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Arcade Fire: Everything Now

Everything's shite, more like. They used to be a band with inventive arrangements, huge choruses using off-kilter instrumentation and now they're some third rate !!! knock off

That new new track is all over the radio like :lol:  before 6 music was the only one that would touch them. Don't mind the track tbh, but they've mostly  passed me by in general anyway

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Saw them at the Mayfair c. 1993. They were absolutely class

I saw the at Southampton Guildhall on the same tour, Siamese Dream?  After Kurt did himself in they were the biggest band on the planet,  mostly on the back of the for me inferior follow up Melon Collie and the infinite sadness. The first album Gish is a belter too :good: 

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I saw the at Southampton Guildhall on the same tour, Siamese Dream?  After Kurt did himself in they were the biggest band on the planet,  mostly on the back of the for me inferior follow up Melon Collie and the infinite sadness. The first album Gish is a belter too :good: 

Yeah, that tour. I got into Gish via Siamese Dream. After that I was listening to different styles of music anyway but definitely think those two early albums were their best.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh it's excellent. It's pretty much pastiche all the way through but it's great fun.

Seen them support the manics in Newcastle a couple of weeks back but they only played a couple off the new record.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2017 at 8:16 PM, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Listened to The 59 Sound for the first team in about 5 years. Still one of the most life-affirming rock albums ever written tbh.

I absolutely love The Gaslight Anthem, i had tickets to see them in 2009 Hard Rock gig. But couldn't make it because of ill health.

This is what i missed.