What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Shit. He wrote the best songs in Husker Du I reckon. Not that I have a massive knowledge of their extensive back catalogue but I certainly feel that way about the one on Candy Apple Grey. RIP. Think this was my favourite

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Petty was definitely more of an American thing than British but Damn the Torpedoes and Hard Promises are still two tight, tuneful albums. The Heartbreakers were an unreal live unit too and the Live Anthology is good, even though I suggest jumping around it's 4 discs to the songs you know/like. Shame that it takes artists dying for you to go back and listen to them for the first time in years, really.

I fancied listening to some Oasis this afternoon so I decided to listen on one that I hadn't heard in ages, Dig Out Your Soul.  I remember now why I've not listened to it in ages.  They really did become pretty useless post What's The Story.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Put the Holy Bible on by the Manics this morning. Was enjoying the nostalgia trip then the Mrs walks in and goes "why are you listening to this shite?"

Ifmrsgloomtoldthetruthaboutdrgloomsmusictasteforonedayhisworldwouldfallapart :(

• 2 weeks later...