What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Had this cd when it came out, it was stolen in a burglary in about 94, it came into mind mind for the first time in a couple of decades this morning :( 

Edited by PaddockLad

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Had this cd when it came out, it was stolen in a burglary in about 94, it came into mind mind for the first time in a couple of decades this morning :( 

Early Sub Pop stuff is great.

I've still got this on vinyl and it will be gracing the turntable at volume this weekend.

Loved the start of the first track on the new Jlin album.  Slightly sad that it sounds more like the last album after the first 30 seconds, but that's no bad thing really.

Enjoyed the Kate Bushiness of Pumarosa.

Old school tune!

I'm not a fan of her rapping or music in general, but I think she adds something to this track.

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Hadn't heard of this being released, RZA and Paul Banks from Interpol made an album, it's not bad quite like it being big fans of both Interpol and Wu-tang

Reminds me of a shit reboot of the Judgement Day sound track from the 90s.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Judgement Night ;)

Ropey film but the soundtrack was good

That's the one. Hate to think what the soundtrack for Judgement Day will be but I bet CT has it on cassette already.

Aye :lol:  I enjoyed every aspect of it.  Even if you don't agree with everything Curtis says, it's very interesting and thought provoking.

There was a good Nightmares on Wax version too. Used to love a bit of Mo'Wax. That said I think the Carl Craig version elevates it to a different level. Features on Outer Limits Vol 2 by Colin Dale which is fucking brilliant (although volume 1 is a touch better imo).

Following an off the cuff barbecue with the family and Mrs.F's sister's family, me and the neighbours, and their neighbours, are listening to this. 

(Good  God! I'm turning in to CT! :lol: )

Between you and me, don't tell anyone, but I really like that new Harry Styles song.

Had to tell the wife I'd get her the album even though she never even asked for it, because I want to listen to it more than I can hear on adverts without people seeing it in my Spotify listens.

"Da dee da doo da da.. gotta get away from here"

6 hours ago, Happy Face said:

Between you and me, don't tell anyone, but I really like that new Harry Styles song.

Had to tell the wife I'd get her the album even though she never even asked for it, because I want to listen to it more than I can hear on adverts without people seeing it in my Spotify listens.

Just gave it a listen and was pleasantly surprised/didn't hate it.

Wouldn't choose to listen to it though, so reputation remains intact. B)

7 hours ago, Happy Face said:

Funny I admitted as much to the wife last night.