FAO Leazes Mag

Kevin Carr's Gloves

fat fred is one of the only morons in football stupid enough to appoint souness, let alone back him to the tune of £50m.

it's easy to blame souness - he is afterall one of the worst managers ever to grace the top flight - but it's not his fault that he was given a job that he was blatantly never up to doing.

he never should have been given the job. only a chairman as cretinous as shepherd would appoint a man with such a poor cv as manager of england's 5th biggest club.

:razz:

wise words as always leazesmag

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes will be along later to tell you that fancy Dans like Henry Winter with their university degrees know nothing about football, and only write what they've read in books or been told by their fancy Dan lecturers. Besides, this article was written in the Telegraph, and not the Sun which everyone knows is the true bible of footballing journalism.

Shows him as a moron tbh as Winter is comfortably the best british football journalist about.

In your opinion.

You can answer t-Keiths question if you like and give us a sample of your knowledge.

Why we are a laughing stock? Where do I begin

Incompetent manager that no other Premiership team would ever dream of appointing

Abysmal transfer policy that has seen us spunk £20m on forwards who couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel

Abysmal recruitment policy that has appointed players/coaches out of mere sentimentality

This coupled with the most shambolic back four, shortest midfield and weakest forward line this side of the equator.

Enough?

That wasn't the question to T-Keith. How come a smart lad like you can't read ?

How dare you accuse someone of dodging questions. You do it all the time.

this extract is ages old, and has been done, dusted and responded. Suffice to say when people are removed from office they are usually bitter, the claim from the same Bobby Robson that we made a profit on Carl Cort tells you a lot about him at the time, and I'm not knocking him. The lesson as I said is that people thought replacing Keegan with a "tactically astute" manager would automatically improve things, the same as those who thought replacing SBR would too. You should try learning from past lessons, of our own and others, and get real. Now people like you think replacing this current board who have improved the clubs standing and position massively will also lead to automatic improvement. You are completely deluded if you think this.

What do you think of the thread you started, why don't YOU comment on the facts I've posted ?

I don't dodge questions if I see them, I don't trawl this board all day like Alex and others. I told you, if you want me to specifically see something, pm me or post it on howaythetoon.

The question remains for t-keith, or you if you like. Somehow I don't think I will get a factual, constructive and informed response from anybody.

Wasn't this actually SJH who did this though? Since the fat man has been in charge we have changed managers 5 times and fell from being the second best team in the country to one that's not a kick in arse off being relegated with a defence that is (whether you accept it or not) the butt of countless jokes. And last night we saw our lowest attendance for a first team game in 14 years.

I'm sure you will go on about regular european appearances and 5th best team in the country or whatever but again I would say that is down to the foundations laid down by the previous chairman not by our current glorious leader.

Read my post elsewhere that it wasn't Sir John who chose and appointed Keegan. Come back when you have read it.

Although, it never ceases to amaze me why some of you people think the chairman runs the club on his own and makes every decision. You do understand he is simply the focus of the whole board, and in essence our major shareholders have been the same people since 1992 ? Or don't you.

If "countless jokes" hurts your feelings, see my post yesterday which applied to all of those who don't understand that everybody makes jokes about other clubs. Don't worry about it, next week they will be jealous of us when we play in europe again. They only do it to wind you up, or maybe you attract it by telling everybody how underachieving and shit we are despite playing in europe regularly, buying major England players, and how great we really should be. Just like Shepherd does actually.

:razz:

Do you ever watch any football shows on the telly or listen to the radio? Do you honestly believe that when people on here say that we are being made the joke of football they are talking about a few makems or whatever taking the piss at work?

We are a joke for people within the game not just the man in the street and no my feelings aren't hurt by this but I am seriously pissed off at the reasons these jokes are being made. And the majority of them stem from the fat mans "leadership"

Name me one other NUFC manager that in one season had the team in the top flight and in the latter stages of two cup competitions come April.

See if you can answer this one btw Leazes :razz:

I think there’s two questions that need to be answered:

1 . Has the club moved forward under Shepherd?

2. Is the club in decline or are we moving forward?

I think its fair to say we're going backwards under Shepherd and i'm sick to death of his empty promises and condescending speeches.

Take a club like Arsenal they have half the support we have spend half the money we do and yet year after year they push for the title. How does that happen? I'd say they are better structured as a business from top to bottom (chairman , manager, coaching staff). I dont see any reason why with our resources we shouldn’t be a bigger club than the likes of them.

Instead we see the likes of bolton and blackburn leap frog us and we face the prospect of competing with the wigans, boros and portsmouths of the league.

For me it starts at the top its time for a full re-structuring of the club.

He may back every manger with money but in truth its money the club make and he makes sure he gets his hands on a fair bit of that and even when he backs managers he backs the wrong ones. The club make fundamental mistakes time and time again its time for change.

If not, then why are we the laughing stock of the premier league? <_<

daft comment, not true and only said by bairns I'm afraid

You might think it's daft Leazes, but factually it's correct. People are laughing at the piss poor way this club is being run. It's even gone so far that I hear people say they feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, not because of the years without silverware, but for the pathetic displays both on and off the pitch which the input that our fans give is deserving of so much more.

We're an absolute joke at the moment and no wave of a magic wand by the fat fairy is going to turn it all around. Until the upper levels of management are re-planted, we're never going to get of this slippery slope.

At the present moment, the Championship beckons, even more so than it did under Souness IMO.

well I am not living in Newcastle just now either, and I haven't heard anyone making a joke of the club. There are plenty of people taking the piss out of Leeds, the mackems, West Ham, Liverpool, Manure whenever they lose, Man City [and Stuart Pearce who you thought was improving them] to name a few....and other clubs such as Sheff Wed when people even remember they exist.....speaking of which I remember when we were a joke just like them which is when we were in a state like that ourselves for quite a long time. Especially when we sold our trophy players ie England players and replaced them with tripe and has beens and ordinary players. Pre - 1992 of course, until this board stepped in and showed new ambitions for the club.

Either way, I suggest you stop being so sensitive. It sounds like they just know they are winding you up, I can't imagine how you would take it if we were shit. Never mind, next week you can remind them how envious they will be when we are playing in europe - again, and they presumably are not.

And - our current situation is exactly what myself and one or two others told you and some others on here would be the legacy of Souness, but you carried on saying we should back him with unlimited funds regardless. So - having forgotten you did all of that, I think you should cast your mind back....and having backed it, why are you moaning.

Wasnt it the chairman rather than the people on this board who backed Souness financially? Lets face it I cant imagine anyone on here being daft enough to hoy £50m at someone like him. The other fella should have known better though.

Why should he ? He's got his views like anyone. If people think he should have backed Souness and think he is thick, then they must be just as thick for agreeing with him .

You understand my point perfectly. They backed Souness spending spree, so they have zero grounds for moaning now.

This is the position which some people forecast we would be in, to the letter, and it was obvious

Why should he have known better? Cos every man and his dog knew Souness was never going to succeed. Even those who backed him were well aware of his limitations. The one man who shouldnt have given him that opportunity in the first place never mind back him with that kind of cash is the Chairman. Its his job.

Its not the responsibility of lads on a message board. Whether they are thick or not isnt of any concern. The buck stopped with one man and as you were aware of the potential legacy of Souness, how come the chairman wasnt? Not content with that fuck up he appoints another plank afterwards.

Can he justify either appointment in your view? Can he justify providing these men with funds when we all know that they arent the answer long term or short term?

Every man and their dogs didn't, or they would not have backed him selling our best players and spending a fortune on crap replacements and other players too.

You are still completely unable to understand that while we all want to be number 1, regularly playing in europe, and buying England players is a degree of success and not failure. You don;t do this by doing everything wrong no matter your resources and if you still don't understand that look around at other big clubs and our own history when we had shit directors. Please explain what grounds you have for thinking replacing the current board with small time directors with zero ambition that don't attempt to tap their resources like other clubs is impossible ?

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy :razz: ....enough said.

I have never defended Shepherd for appointing Souness, I don't know what your old username was but if you were here on this board at the time you will know I was one of the ones who opposed him the most. And BTW - at the time, appointing Dalglish, Gullit and Robson were top rated appointments, with completely justifiable reasons for appointing them. How many shit clubs with shit boards attract managers like that.

So you think Shepherd is guilty of mismanagement? I mean by giving Souness £50m quid? Heavens I think youre tying yourself in knots here mister :(

Nb: Gullit never has been and never will be a top rated manager. The same was\is true of Souness and Roeder. Thus 3 of the 5 Mr Shepherd has appointed have been substandard prior to their appointment.

Not good enough.

Well not for me anyway. Like I say though, if youre happy with the way the last few seasons have been managed then that in itself tells me more than I need to know. Comparing them to 1978-1982 is just daft so please don't. Its a silly comparison.

You might think it's daft Leazes, but factually it's correct. People are laughing at the piss poor way this club is being run. It's even gone so far that I hear people say they feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, not because of the years without silverware, but for the pathetic displays both on and off the pitch which the input that our fans give is deserving of so much more.

We're an absolute joke at the moment and no wave of a magic wand by the fat fairy is going to turn it all around. Until the upper levels of management are re-planted, we're never going to get of this slippery slope.

At the present moment, the Championship beckons, even more so than it did under Souness IMO.

well I am not living in Newcastle just now either, and I haven't heard anyone making a joke of the club. There are plenty of people taking the piss out of Leeds, the mackems, West Ham, Liverpool, Manure whenever they lose, Man City [and Stuart Pearce who you thought was improving them] to name a few....and other clubs such as Sheff Wed when people even remember they exist.....speaking of which I remember when we were a joke just like them which is when we were in a state like that ourselves for quite a long time. Especially when we sold our trophy players ie England players and replaced them with tripe and has beens and ordinary players. Pre - 1992 of course, until this board stepped in and showed new ambitions for the club.

Either way, I suggest you stop being so sensitive. It sounds like they just know they are winding you up, I can't imagine how you would take it if we were shit. Never mind, next week you can remind them how envious they will be when we are playing in europe - again, and they presumably are not.

And - our current situation is exactly what myself and one or two others told you and some others on here would be the legacy of Souness, but you carried on saying we should back him with unlimited funds regardless. So - having forgotten you did all of that, I think you should cast your mind back....and having backed it, why are you moaning.

Wasnt it the chairman rather than the people on this board who backed Souness financially? Lets face it I cant imagine anyone on here being daft enough to hoy £50m at someone like him. The other fella should have known better though.

Why should he ? He's got his views like anyone. If people think he should have backed Souness and think he is thick, then they must be just as thick for agreeing with him .

You understand my point perfectly. They backed Souness spending spree, so they have zero grounds for moaning now.

This is the position which some people forecast we would be in, to the letter, and it was obvious

Why should he have known better? Cos every man and his dog knew Souness was never going to succeed. Even those who backed him were well aware of his limitations. The one man who shouldnt have given him that opportunity in the first place never mind back him with that kind of cash is the Chairman. Its his job.

Its not the responsibility of lads on a message board. Whether they are thick or not isnt of any concern. The buck stopped with one man and as you were aware of the potential legacy of Souness, how come the chairman wasnt? Not content with that fuck up he appoints another plank afterwards.

Can he justify either appointment in your view? Can he justify providing these men with funds when we all know that they arent the answer long term or short term?

Every man and their dogs didn't, or they would not have backed him selling our best players and spending a fortune on crap replacements and other players too.

You are still completely unable to understand that while we all want to be number 1, regularly playing in europe, and buying England players is a degree of success and not failure. You don;t do this by doing everything wrong no matter your resources and if you still don't understand that look around at other big clubs and our own history when we had shit directors. Please explain what grounds you have for thinking replacing the current board with small time directors with zero ambition that don't attempt to tap their resources like other clubs is impossible ?

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy :razz: ....enough said.

I have never defended Shepherd for appointing Souness, I don't know what your old username was but if you were here on this board at the time you will know I was one of the ones who opposed him the most. And BTW - at the time, appointing Dalglish, Gullit and Robson were top rated appointments, with completely justifiable reasons for appointing them. How many shit clubs with shit boards attract managers like that.

So you think Shepherd is guilty of mismanagement? I mean by giving Souness £50m quid? Heavens I think youre tying yourself in knots here mister :(

Nb: Gullit never has been and never will be a top rated manager. The same was\is true of Souness and Roeder. Thus 3 of the 5 Mr Shepherd has appointed have been substandard prior to their appointment.

Not good enough.

Well not for me anyway. Like I say though, if youre happy with the way the last few seasons have been managed then that in itself tells me more than I need to know. Comparing them to 1978-1982 is just daft so please don't. Its a silly comparison.

Exactly.

Anyway, let's forget the past and taking the piss out of Gemmill for "supporting" Souness - it's history now. Let's concentrate on the present, where LeazesMag is on record supporting the appointment of Roeder and claiming O'Neill was no better than Souness. He is also on record as supporting our transfer targets including how our defence and strike force was addressed this summer. So Leazes, when it all goes tit up as I expect it will (and already is) to a certain degree, you will have proved yourself to be just as wrong as the Souness supporters, except your wrongness will have been more recent.

Btw, supporting Shepherd over SBR just shows how far your head is stuck up Shepherd's arse. How anyone could believe or trust that fat, greedy, incompetent prick and his slime ball cohorts (e.g. Douglas Hall) over "the elder statesman of football" (Shepherd's own words) is truly beyond me, but at least now we know categorically what a blinkered fool you are.

Spot on although I actually think Leazes probably has grave concerns about Shepherd too but feels daft admitting it now. At least I would hope that is the case.

Spot on although I actually think Leazes probably has grave concerns about Shepherd too but feels daft admitting it now. At least I would hope that is the case.

I dread to think of the vitriol that will spew forth from Leazes when he finally cracks with Shepherd. All the denial, kicking out Bellamy, appointing and bankrolling Souness, dragging his beloved club down.

It wont be pretty

Name me one other NUFC manager that in one season had the team in the top flight and in the latter stages of two cup competitions come April.

See if you can answer this one btw Leazes <_<

who deleted his reply?

surely it must be here somewhere? :razz:

I dread to think of the vitriol that will spew forth from Leazes when he finally cracks with Shepherd. All the denial, kicking out Bellamy, appointing and bankrolling Souness, dragging his beloved club down.

It wont be pretty

psycotherapists are rubbing their hands in anticipation of it I think

It wont be pretty

5th best breakdown they've seen since 1996 tbh.

It wont be pretty

5th best breakdown they've seen since 1996 tbh.

Name me one big city psychiatrist with as many fancy dan qualifications as Leazes'.

Not good enough.

Exactly.

Anyway, let's forget the past and taking the piss out of Gemmill for "supporting" Souness - it's history now. Let's concentrate on the present, where LeazesMag is on record supporting the appointment of Roeder and claiming O'Neill was no better than Souness. He is also on record as supporting our transfer targets including how our defence and strike force was addressed this summer. So Leazes, when it all goes tit up as I expect it will (and already is) to a certain degree, you will have proved yourself to be just as wrong as the Souness supporters, except your wrongness will have been more recent.

Btw, supporting Shepherd over SBR just shows how far your head is stuck up Shepherd's arse. How anyone could believe or trust that fat, greedy, incompetent prick and his slime ball cohorts (e.g. Douglas Hall) over "the elder statesman of football" (Shepherd's own words) is truly beyond me, but at least now we know categorically what a blinkered fool you are.

As I have said from day 1, the current situation is a very difficult one for any manager to turn around, it will need time and patience, due to Souness' legacy. I think if anyone is a blinkered idiot it is you for expecting a manager - any manager - to reach the heights that idiots on here expect him to make overnight with what he had available.

My point about O'Neill is simply - as i have also said - that appointing him based on a track record, then to discard managers such as Dalglish and Gullit for having a better track record, is inconsistent to say the least. It is noticeable that people on here - including you - despite being asked on numerous occastion, still do not answer what the criteria you would use to appoint managers is.

Maybe you could tell us ?

At no time have I said I trust Shepherd, only that they have taken the club a long way, but I understand that post-Keegan supporters of Newcastle don't understand this. That includes people who weren't interested in supporting the club until the very board they knock came along and gave them something worth supporting, but I expect that irony is lost on you. It is lost on everybody else, which says a lot.

As I also said earlier. People wanted rid of Keegan because they thought we would automatically improve the team with a "tactically astute" manager. Probably the same people thought replacing Bobby Robson would automatically result in an improvement. Now people are saying replacing the board will automatically result in a better board. I would imagine someone of your intelligence would realise things don't work like that, or learn lessons and realise that you should be careful what you wish for.

It is very sad that pointing out such realities to someone of your intelligence leads you to form an impression that I think they can do no wrong. Not very bright, I'm afraid.

It is also very sad that so many post-Keegan NUFC supporters make statements and have developed an attitude of the likes of manure supporters, thinking how they have an automatic right to success, which makes other supporters of other club take the piss out of them for their deluded outlook, then slag off the chairman of the club for saying the same thing. Maybe it is you that Shepherd is fooling, after all it is you that has the same mindset ... I never thought I would see the day when Newcastle fans behaved like fuckwit manure fans and complaining at playing regularly in europe. No wonder people take the piss out of you at work etc.

Edited by LeazesMag

As I have said from day 1, the current situation is a very difficult one for any manager to turn around, it will need time and patience, due to Souness' legacy. I think if anyone is a blinkered idiot it is you for expecting a manager - any manager - to reach the heights that idiots on here expect him to make overnight with what he had available.

My point about O'Neill is simply - as i have also said - that appointing him based on a track record, then to discard managers such as Dalglish and Gullit for having a better track record, is inconsistent to say the least. It is noticeable that people on here - including you - despite being asked on numerous occastion, still do not answer what the criteria you would use to appoint managers is.

At no time have I said I trust Shepherd, only that they have taken the club a long way, but I understand that post-Keegan supporters of Newcastle don't understand this. That includes people who weren't interested in supporting the club until the very board they knock came along and gave them something worth supporting, but I expect that irony is lost on you. It is lost on everybody else, which says a lot.

As I also said earlier. People wanted rid of Keegan because they thought we would automatically improve the team with a "tactically astute" manager. Probably the same people thought replacing Bobby Robson would automatically result in an improvement. Now people are saying replacing the board will automatically result in a better board. I would imagine someone of your intelligence would realise things don't work like that, or learn lessons and realise that you should be careful what you wish for.

It is very sad that pointing out such realities to someone of your intelligence leads you to form an impression that I think they can do no wrong. Not very bright, I'm afraid.

It is also very sad that so many post-Keegan NUFC supporters make statements and have developed an attitude of the likes of manure supporters, thinking how they have an automatic right to success, which makes other supporters of other club take the piss out of them for their deluded outlook, then slag off the chairman of the club for saying the same thing. Maybe it is you that Shepherd is fooling, after all it is you that has the same mindset ... I never thought I would see the day when Newcastle fans behaved like fuckwit manure fans and complaining at playing regularly in europe. No wonder people take the piss out of you at work etc.

Just as Westwood gets the slagging for all things pre 92 is Souness going to be blamed for everything bad that happens in the next 10 years? Im not backing Souness here but theres a lot of managers would have chewed their own arm off to take over some of the players Roeder did (as was proved by us finishing 7th).

Just to reiterate a point that you have refused to reply to in all the posts I have done on this, I (and Im guessing everyone else here) dont think a new board will guarantee us overnight success. I just think its a damn good gamble to take, if this club goes down then we will be the next Leeds.

I do however like the way in the last para that you've reversed it round, its Shepherd who talks this club up, makes out we're bigger than we are and slags off the likes of ManUre, fans understandably hear this and follow suit. IT IS NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND...

Oh and finally, could you help me with a crossword clue Im stuck on?

4 down - Newcastle United manager who had the team in the top flight and final stages of two cup competitions in one season, 7 letters.... _O_N _ _S

© Alex 2007

hmmm???

Just as Westwood gets the slagging for all things pre 92 is Souness going to be blamed for everything bad that happens in the next 10 years? Im not backing Souness here but theres a lot of managers would have chewed their own arm off to take over some of the players Roeder did (as was proved by us finishing 7th).

Just to reiterate a point that you have refused to reply to in all the posts I have done on this, I (and Im guessing everyone else here) dont think a new board will guarantee us overnight success. I just think its a damn good gamble to take, if this club goes down then we will be the next Leeds.

I do however like the way in the last para that you've reversed it round, its Shepherd who talks this club up, makes out we're bigger than we are and slags off the likes of ManUre, fans understandably hear this and follow suit. IT IS NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND...

Oh and finally, could you help me with a crossword clue Im stuck on?

4 down - Newcastle United manager who had the team in the top flight and final stages of two cup competitions in one season, 7 letters.... _O_N _ _S

© Alex 2007

hmmm???

So Alex is a Souness fan alongside his mate Gemmill :unsure:

You might think its a good gamble to take, thanks for expanding on that, you are the first person who has actually said they realise it could go tits up. The thing is, I'm not sure it is such a good gamble to take, not to the point where I would say "anyone but Fred" which is what the truly deluded on here are saying. I would of course be happy to see a better board running the club, but am not convinced someone is out there who would do better, they would need to prove it and show their aims for me to be happy with a change. I obviously sincerly hope we don't end up with a board like we had pre-1992, or a board currently operating many other big clubs around the country, that have zero ambition and don't back their managers, which is the reason I keep pointing this out. This is not rocket science.

Gram - don't confuse realism with ambition.

I agree that we shouldn't be advocating getting rid of Shepherd at all costs and there are worse Chairman e.g. Romanov at Hearts but his handling of managerial appointments and recent financial management are not the way a successful football club and multi million pound business should be run. There are people who could run the club better but who knows if they would be interested or have the money. If Shepherd doesn't want to go then he should at least appoint a Chief Executive or Board members who can assist him to run the club properly and allow them to do their job.

So Alex is a Souness fan alongside his mate Gemmill :(

You might think its a good gamble to take, thanks for expanding on that, you are the first person who has actually said they realise it could go tits up. The thing is, I'm not sure it is such a good gamble to take, not to the point where I would say "anyone but Fred" which is what the truly deluded on here are saying. I would of course be happy to see a better board running the club, but am not convinced someone is out there who would do better, they would need to prove it and show their aims for me to be happy with a change. I obviously sincerly hope we don't end up with a board like we had pre-1992, or a board currently operating many other big clubs around the country, that have zero ambition and don't back their managers, which is the reason I keep pointing this out. This is not rocket science.

Gram - don't confuse realism with ambition.

So pointing out that Souness was 2 games away from being the most successful manager we have had in recent years makes Alex a fan? well the Spice Girls are the most successful female group ever but me telling you that doesnt mean I own any of their records. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm inclined to agree with LM for once. If things had turned out differently in 96, and since then we had had their success and they had ours, who would have the bigger following and income? Us, imo. That's why it's so important for us to win something - success breeds success as they say, but for Schmiechel things could have been very different.

However, where I disagree with LM is where we went after 96 and whose fault that ultimately is. With the right man at the top, things could have been so different. <_<

Thank you ;)

I basically think the only difference between now and 1996 is we have not had a better manager than Keegan. You can say the chairman/board etc are the ones who choose the manager, and that is of course correct, but it wasn't Sir John who chose Keegan was it ..... good management or lucky as fuck ?????

The only thing I can add, is again - the fact that we are still a top club - on merit - with basically the same board and major shareholders. I am NOT defending anyone, just posting the truth.

I LIKED Sir John better than Shepherd - even though he still spouted the same sort of "geordie nation" bollocks, but because the team was doing better, nobody was bothered, which again is a point I have mentioned before. Just because the team hasn't done as well under the previous chairman as the current one, doesn't make the current one crap. And - do you believe anything that SJH said at the time about "a price for the pocket", "giving the club to the people",.....that was just as much bollocks as some things Shepherd has said...did you honestly believe that crap ?

As with most boards, they will only get away with so many disappointing managerial appointments, but that in itself will make them a victim of the initial success.

So who chose Keegan then? :yes

Didn't call us all thick though did he?

Not at the moment we are'nt. Ask Sky and the BBC et al. We were but due to our last few mediocre campaigns they have us tranked the same as Bolton, Fulham, and the likes. And currently behind Aston Villa and EVerton.

Freddie Fletcher chose Keegan.

I thought everybody knew that.

Because he had been in a similar role at Rangers, and he chose the fuckpig Souness who revived interest before a ball was kicked, he indentified at Newcastle the same need to generate massive interest as quickly as possible. So he suggested Keegan, for that reason.

I suppose people who jumped onto the Keegan bandwagon may not have done ....

Keegan says on page 205 in his book "Neither George Forbes nor Peter Mallinger knew that on Monday 3 February 1992 I was being asked to take over as Newcastle Manager on the Wednesday. When it came to the crunch, it was Fletcher, Shepherd and Douglas Hall who wanted me to replace Ossie Ardiles".

Remember also how SJH went back on his word to fund money to Keegan and help him save the club from relegation, whick Keegan describes in detail ? Good managment ?

And - in the summer - guess who went to Spain to persuade Keegan to sign a proper contract ?

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd . Keegan says this on page 220 of his book.

I thought everyone knew that too..... :D

As for your last line, those clubs are also above Liverpool and Arsenal at the moment

As KevinCarrsGloves [does he know who Kevin Carr was ?] says I haven't proved him wrong, he can answer this ?

In fact, you all can. Don't let the facts blind you into believing that someone else should get the credit though ..... intelligent chaps like you lot can read, so you say ...... <_<

I'm inclined to agree with LM for once. If things had turned out differently in 96, and since then we had had their success and they had ours, who would have the bigger following and income? Us, imo. That's why it's so important for us to win something - success breeds success as they say, but for Schmiechel things could have been very different.

However, where I disagree with LM is where we went after 96 and whose fault that ultimately is. With the right man at the top, things could have been so different. :lol:

Thank you :razz:

I basically think the only difference between now and 1996 is we have not had a better manager than Keegan. You can say the chairman/board etc are the ones who choose the manager, and that is of course correct, but it wasn't Sir John who chose Keegan was it ..... good management or lucky as fuck ?????

The only thing I can add, is again - the fact that we are still a top club - on merit - with basically the same board and major shareholders. I am NOT defending anyone, just posting the truth.

I LIKED Sir John better than Shepherd - even though he still spouted the same sort of "geordie nation" bollocks, but because the team was doing better, nobody was bothered, which again is a point I have mentioned before. Just because the team hasn't done as well under the previous chairman as the current one, doesn't make the current one crap. And - do you believe anything that SJH said at the time about "a price for the pocket", "giving the club to the people",.....that was just as much bollocks as some things Shepherd has said...did you honestly believe that crap ?

As with most boards, they will only get away with so many disappointing managerial appointments, but that in itself will make them a victim of the initial success.

So who chose Keegan then? :lol:

Didn't call us all thick though did he?

Not at the moment we are'nt. Ask Sky and the BBC et al. We were but due to our last few mediocre campaigns they have us tranked the same as Bolton, Fulham, and the likes. And currently behind Aston Villa and EVerton.

Freddie Fletcher chose Keegan.

I thought everybody knew that.

Because he had been in a similar role at Rangers, and he chose the fuckpig Souness who revived interest before a ball was kicked, he indentified at Newcastle the same need to generate massive interest as quickly as possible. So he suggested Keegan, for that reason.

I suppose people who jumped onto the Keegan bandwagon may not have done ....

Keegan says on page 205 in his book "Neither George Forbes nor Peter Mallinger knew that on Monday 3 February 1992 I was being asked to take over as Newcastle Manager on the Wednesday. When it came to the crunch, it was Fletcher, Shepherd and Douglas Hall who wanted me to replace Ossie Ardiles".

Remember also how SJH went back on his word to fund money to Keegan and help him save the club from relegation, whick Keegan describes in detail ? Good managment ?

And - in the summer - guess who went to Spain to persuade Keegan to sign a proper contract ?

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd . Keegan says this on page 220 of his book.

I thought everyone knew that too..... :(

As for your last line, those clubs are also above Liverpool and Arsenal at the moment

As KevinCarrsGloves [does he know who Kevin Carr was ?] says I haven't proved him wrong, he can answer this ?

In fact, you all can. Don't let the facts blind you into believing that someone else should get the credit though ..... intelligent chaps like you lot can read, so you say ...... :(

bump....again

According to Renton, I made this up ;)

I'm sure with his qualifications and because he's such a clever, clever, intelligent man who is always right and knows everything about everything, can give his opinion or maybe even different facts

deedeedeedeedee

ho hum.......

I don't really like joining in with 'the world against LM' debate, but if you would just lay off the personal abuse that you enjoy so much, you may find some support. Some of your post, above, is some of the best argument you have made and your passion for NUFC is clear to see. I just wish you could lay off the abuse.

btw, I'm tired and I don't admit to supporting all, or some, of your argument, just some of it is good reading imo. ;)

:razz::(

I don't really like joining in with 'the world against LM' debate, but if you would just lay off the personal abuse that you enjoy so much, you may find some support. Some of your post, above, is some of the best argument you have made and your passion for NUFC is clear to see. I just wish you could lay off the abuse.

btw, I'm tired and I don't admit to supporting all, or some, of your argument, just some of it is good reading imo. :razz:

:(:(

Noticeably, some of the good points you refer to - I presume they are the good points - STILL have not been responded to by people they are directed at.

As for abusive comments mate, I just go by the notion that if you dish it out you should take it, and if you are gave it then you can give it back. Those who dish it out to me, apart from the fact that I don't give a toss because I think I am right, and my conviction is borne out of experience and knowledge of the club - you should address them too. Although the feeling is mutual.

And thanks for your comments about the posts I make. I can't make any other post other than what is my opinion, unfortunately when I back it up with facts, people disagree, so if they choose to take no notice through being either blind or not having a mind of their own, then I can't help them. If they think they know best then that is their prerogative. I fail to understand why nobody has commented - sensibly - on the quotes I have made from Keegans book. Why not ?

If people really want to prove I am wrong - as Rent boy says I always am - he could start by proving it, but I bet he can't ....... and lets face it, he would if he could... ;)