Newcastle United v Fenerbahce, UEFA Cup

Gemmill

............................... how much of a pre-season does Olivier Bernard need? He's been here nearly two months now and has yet to get a game.

Aha! it seems to me Mr. Gemmill that I have brought this point up before, just what the fuck do they mean by 'not match fit'? to my knowledge he has played at least 2 games for the reserves, maybe more, and in a 'behind closed doors' match, and in full training.

I would prefer a less than match-fit Bernard to imminent Damage :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the squad availiable (like many i can't understand why Bernard isn't fit yet).

Krul

Milner Taylor Ramage Baba

Duff Parker Emre Zoggy

Ameobi Martins

Subs

Harper

Car

Moore

Nobby

Butt

Pattison

Sibierski

If Bramble starts sack Roeder!! If Nobby starts then Glenn hasn't got what it takes imo.

Looking foward to seeing if Tuncay is as good as the last few times i've seen him (always thought he's class and we should buy him).

This is him a few years back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJ4C7DO0q8

Edited by TOPTOON

The Bernard thing is beyond a joke now. He's never been injured just not as fit as we'd like him to be!

He's played umpteen reserve and closed door games and yet he's still not considered!

The club yet again shows itself to be a complete joke.

Just had a bet on Martins to score tonight at 3.3 on Betfair (about 9/4) <_<

Had a bet on him in our last game in the Uefa Cup, me and my old man had £20 each on him getting a hatrick, with two early second half goals I was practically counting the money until that bastard Roeder took him off :)

Just had a bet on Martins to score tonight at 3.3 on Betfair (about 9/4) :blush:

Had a bet on him in our last game in the Uefa Cup, me and my old man had £20 each on him getting a hatrick, with two early second half goals I was practically counting the money until that bastard Roeder took him off :)

. :)<_<

What odds did you have on him for a HT?

Some wag on NO claiming Moore is dropped and it's Van Ramage and Taylor both at centre half. I would be playing Moore and Taylore personally. Stephen "Respect" Carr keeps his place at right back, with Duff filling in at left back.

Which, if true, begs the question: how much of a pre-season does Olivier Bernard need? He's been here nearly two months now and has yet to get a game.

Oh yeah? Not N'Zogbia? :)

Stephen Carr is playing at right back, so I wouldn't try to use this as a basis for an "I'm right, you're wrong" argument. <_<

Whyever not? I believe the intial discussion we had revolved around whether you'd play Duff or N'Zogbia at left back!

So the fact that a manager who is doing a bit shit at the moment agrees with you, means you're right? Personally, the fact that Roeder has made that decision makes it look all the more like a bad choice.

12harper.png2carrclown.png26ramageclown.png27taylor.png14nzogbia.png16milner.png17parker.png5emre.png11duff.png20sibierski.png9martins.png

Subs: Tim Krul, Nobby Solano, Albert Luque, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Nicky Butt, Shola Ameobi

ahh I like the look of that front line. I'm looking forward to this match.

Meh, I was looking forward to seeing Krul in nets.

Newcastle luck says Harper will twang his groin taking a goal kick just after we've used out last sub.

Then Taylor will play heroicly in goal, with his trademark saves. Won't have to pretend it didn't hit his hand to boot.

We're doing ok. However they look very dangerous on the counter attack. Duff has done fine at left back and he's linking up well with N'Zogbia. On the right aswell Carr and Milner are doing fine.

Martins looks out of his depth up front on his own though. It's not his fault, but he's getting bullied.

HT taylor with a awesome bullett header just wide, he looked gutted when the whistle blew that he hadn't put it in. taylor has made one mistake taht he 's got away with but other than that Taylor ramage partnership looks sound so far, also duff looking fantastic as a LB imo

fenerbache looking a very dangerous team with some really good players (i.e. tuncay, appiah, Alex, Edu) defend as a team and break very very quickly as a team, very dangerous on the break!! Don't want to speak to soon or jinx us but never rated Kezman who is there lone striker ( although midfielders flood forward quickly when they are in possesion.

Hoping whatever Roeder does at HT is more effective than whatever he did against Bolton.