SBR on Shepherd

Ted Maul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to dislike the man, I'm quickly beginning to detest him!

He's fucking ruining this football club and sadly there's sod all we can do about it unless he decides he wants to step aside.

Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to supporting NUFC, but it's just something that can't be helped I guess.

I used to dislike the man, I'm quickly beginning to detest him!

He's fucking ruining this football club and sadly there's sod all we can do about it unless he decides he wants to step aside.

Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to supporting NUFC, but it's just something that can't be helped I guess.

Same here

I ocassionaly wonder if god has cursed me

If, according to Robson that is, he really did offer to help Fat Fred pick his successer then it makes the way SBR was treated a hundred times worse. He even gave the stupid bastard an easy way to deal with it and he still stabbed him in the back. Like I say, IF TRUE, it beggers belief.

I hope Freddy writes an autobiography. Would be very interesting indeed.

The fat waster would probably get Oliver to write it so it'll be one big pile of bollocks!

SLP, I know you're stating the "IF's" but I'd tend to believe SBR over FS.

No it won't:

Woke up this morning, await the crowd to love me - I've signed Patrick Kluivert!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! The geordie public are going to love this. :(

Looked in the fridge, no pies left.

Tripped over steering arm from latest lorry scrap buy, thought to myself "that was good value that!"

Sent missus down to greggs to buys more pies.

Yum.

Edited by sammynb

And this is why O'neill had a change of heart and decided not come despite agreeing his contract. He was told that buying and selling players would NOT be in his remit so he told fatso where to stick his job (although not as abruptly as that)

Source?

One of the players who is not a bullshit merchant.

And this is why O'neill had a change of heart and decided not come despite agreeing his contract. He was told that buying and selling players would NOT be in his remit so he told fatso where to stick his job (although not as abruptly as that)

Source?

One of the players who is not a bullshit merchant.

I've been told the same, but from someone with a completely different (but reliable) source. O'Neill also wanted Shearer disassociated from the club in any official standing and bring his own staff, both of which Shepherd rejected also, obviously.

SLP, I know you're stating the "IF's" but I'd tend to believe SBR over FS.

I was going to say... one thing I know very well is never to believe something when you've only heard one side of the story... but this being Sir Bobby I think I wouldnt give it another thought that this is 100% spot on.

Despicable, vile stuff. The heat is definitly increasing ... it's going to be a very interesting ride until Christmas.

If you're interested, this was also in it I believe.

Nobby:

We'd had the best of him.

He was on a big salary and for that reason the chairman was delighted to move him on.

It was good housekeeping. Add the transfer fee to Nobby's salary and his move to Aston Villa was worth £2 to £3 million to the club. I don't care how big the organisation, if you have a large squad of highly paid players, a duty exists to spend the money wisely and to make economies where surgical cuts are not harmful to the team.

This one wasn't because we no longer needed Nobby Solano.

Where the chairman let me down was in failing to support me when the criticism started rolling in.

He was happy to take the money from Aston Villa but rather less eager to defend the sale in public, when some people on Tyneside began insisting that I had made a mistake.

Not really bothered about Nobby tbh. For starters he's been very average since he came back, so I'll back Shepherd on that one. His return was nothing less than a PR exercise.

You'll back Shepherd on the fact that he was delighted he'd moved on yet took a back step when the criticism came flooding in and let SBR take all the flak?

Isn't this the chairman who'd supposed to back his managers? The blokes a money-grabbing coward and needs to get the fuck out of this club! :(

If you're interested, this was also in it I believe.

Nobby:

We'd had the best of him.

He was on a big salary and for that reason the chairman was delighted to move him on.

It was good housekeeping. Add the transfer fee to Nobby's salary and his move to Aston Villa was worth £2 to £3 million to the club. I don't care how big the organisation, if you have a large squad of highly paid players, a duty exists to spend the money wisely and to make economies where surgical cuts are not harmful to the team.

This one wasn't because we no longer needed Nobby Solano.

Where the chairman let me down was in failing to support me when the criticism started rolling in.

He was happy to take the money from Aston Villa but rather less eager to defend the sale in public, when some people on Tyneside began insisting that I had made a mistake.

Not really bothered about Nobby tbh. For starters he's been very average since he came back, so I'll back Shepherd on that one. His return was nothing less than a PR exercise.

PR exercise by whom? Did Souness or Shepherd engineer his return?

Regarding Nobby, I was dead against his sale and will stand by that - he was Villa's best player that year. Robson had personal issues with him which is why he was sold; his pettiness comes out quite clearly in the book. This doesn't alter the fact Shepherd is a grade A c**t in any way though.

I know it's biased as it's SBR's account, but I think Bobby's a dignified enough bloke to not be completely agenda driven and for that reason I'm prepared to take most of it as fact. That being the case I think it's clear we're completely fucked with this mong at the helm.

i think nobby works best with a coach that gets him going in a motivational sense, but at 32-33 years old his legs will be going a bit, i know mine are!

trouble with him is he worked under pigface at villa (despite being their player of the season with countless goals and assists) and a coach that although a nice bloke has no real grasp of tactics here ( especially when the person/ coach that helped get us up to 7th in the league has left).

oh and for the record fat fred should go... definitely.

Edited by canofbeans

I've thought that Shepherd has been treated quite unfairly in som respects. The club have always had a decent transfer budget even when not doing so well and i like the fact that he's a local ladan a fan of the club.

I was dissapointed at SBR's sacking. I always thought he was the perfect candidate to move 'upstairs' and give the Board good advice on footbal related appoinments and general insight into what the current manager might be up to, how sound his plans were, etc.

Having read these diary entries i feel quite i'm quite amazed. All the rumours regarding FS's interference in team affairs have been just that imo, RUMOURS. However, IF TRUE, the above are crystal clear indications that we can't hope to progress anymore until the 1st team manager has the support of a better Board. If what SBR has said is true it's UNFORGIVABLE.

i think nobby works best with a coach that gets him going in a motivational sense, but at 32-33 years old his legs will be going a bit, i know mine are!

trouble with him is he worked under pigface at villa (despite being their player of the season with countless goals and assists) and a coach that although a nice bloke has no real grasp of tactics here ( especially when the person/ coach that helped get us up to 7th in the league has left).

oh and for the record fat fred should go... definitely.

Agreed and although clueless was in charge when Nobby returned, the effect Shearer has on his game would of been just as big of an influence in his good form.

It's looking more and more like Shearer influence on the team behind the scenes may make him a half decent manager and without him here this season Roeder is suffering.