half an onion

6 sprouts (sliced)

5 baby new potatoes

1/3 tsp sweet paprika

1/3 tsp smoked paprika

1 clove garlic

few sprigs of fresh thyme

Pinch of sea salt, crushed chilli and pepper

- Boil potatoes 10-15 mins. You want them tender enough to slide a knife in easily but still have a bite. Drain and chop into smallish pieces. Don't bother peeling. Best to do it uncovered with the water an inch above the spuds.

- Soften onions in a pan.

- Add the chopped potatoes and fry for another 5 minutes until the potatoes start to brown.

- Throw in the sprouts, thyme and garlic, fry 2 mins.

- Add black pudding. Toss everything together until all sides of it are sealed.

- Add corned beef, toss everything together again then add in all the spices.

- Cook it, turning the ingredients over in the pan until you get the crust/brownness you want.

CT - at work I use your aforementioned salt/pepper combo. At home I'm currently using sea salt and rock salt according to whatever I'm making. If you like, you can experiment with your own seasoned salt or just buy it ready-made from the supermarket.

As an aside, never never never season with table salt.

Parky, I'm going to make that flatbread recipe next time I cook for the mrs. Load her up with tasty beans so I might get to flick her bean.

Only use a tiny bit of fresh mint - 2/3 leaves fine chop (quiite powerful)..Fistful of corriander is fine. Should have made that clearer earlier.

12hr dayshift in which they're still trying to kill me off.

Just home. Egg on toast it is.

One of my fav things to eat, with a big steaming cuppa (2 1/2 sugars). :smile:

Edited by Park Life

Last nights tea was a roaring success even if it doesn't look great on a plate.

The marinade was superb, the steaks were cooked to perfection and the honey roasted veg was delicious.

As for Gordon Ramsays Rosemary and Garlic sautéed potatoes.... OMG

Worst bit about cooking though is getting everything ready at the right time. Very stressful.

Posted Image

Learnt how to fry an egg in a microwave last week. So tasty and no fat.

Now I have seen everything, an egg cooked in a microwave. Nothing wrong with certain fats, it's the carbs you have to worry about.

Last nights tea was a roaring success even if it doesn't look great on a plate.

The marinade was superb, the steaks were cooked to perfection and the honey roasted veg was delicious.

As for Gordon Ramsays Rosemary and Garlic sautéed potatoes.... OMG

Worst bit about cooking though is getting everything ready at the right time. Very stressful.

razuneza.jpg

Where's the fukin gravy??

Been saying it for ages. Eat things in moderation especially sugar and processed food. Eat less.

It's mental cos if you cut out processed foods and sugar, it suddenly becomes a lot harder to eat your daily calorie requirement. And obviously even harder to exceed it.

It's mental cos if you cut out processed foods and sugar, it suddenly becomes a lot harder to eat your daily calorie requirement. And obviously even harder to exceed it.

Have two slices of wholemeal (the heavy stuff you get here) in the morning. Will have pasta/rice/pots at around 7-8 ish...The cardinal rule is not to eat after 9 apparently ie near sleep time..

ryebread3.jpg