Cooking

Gemmill

Went to a gathering tonight and made around 80 mini calzones. One type consisted of prime rib with sauteed red onions and red peppers in an ipa demi glace. My other creation had a roasted garlic alfredo sauce combined with grilled, sliced lobster tail and portobello mushrooms.

de63a1.jpg

Warming up more than cooking but.....

I made chicken korma using Aldi korma sauce last night. Absolutely the dogs bollocks and one of the best Kormas I've ever had.

On top of the jar is a separate section of spices to stir fry the chicken first before adding the sauce.

41d94f04eda5be6926f74600976fbc1e.jpg

I was at Sachins the other night and they do the spiciest korma I've ever come across. It's legit spicy.

I didn't order it btw, before anyone starts - chicken karahi was my order, but the Korma was more spicy than it.

If you're going to use jars, the Aldi ones aren't bad at all, aye. One of the big brands used to do the whole "spices separate on top of the jar" thing, they were specifically what I asked people to bring over to me in Hamburg 10+ years ago (along with Chocolate Hobnobs and Monster Munch). :lol:

I was at Sachins the other night and they do the spiciest korma I've ever come across. It's legit spicy.

I didn't order it btw, before anyone starts - chicken karahi was my order, but the Korma was more spicy than it.

Love Sachins, going there for my team's Christmas meal again this year as it was spot on last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got a decent recipe for sprouts? Got a shitload coming in he organic box this week and feel obliged to serve them up for Christmas dinner despite hating them

Edited by Dr Gloom

And if you've got any left over come the 26th and beyond:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/19/brussels-sprout-chorizo-barley-hotpot-recipe-marcus-wareing

(though that could easily be adapted as a Christmas side dish too - ditch the barley, but some chorizo and soy sauce would seem an obvious way of tarting things up)