Cooking

Gemmill

You have to make your own pesto man. That's what this hero did last night.

I would if the shop-bought stuff was shite, but the Sacla aubergine and rocket pestos are both pretty good for what they are.

;) It's a piece of piss though. Pestle and mortar or food processor? I'm guessing it's the former since Oliver goes for that method and his is obviously the first cookery book you've ever picked up. :razz:

It's a lot less hassle in a food processor btw.

I would if the shop-bought stuff was shite, but the Sacla aubergine and rocket pestos are both pretty good for what they are.

For the jar bought stuff, Aldi's varieties are really nice.

;) It's a piece of piss though. Pestle and mortar or food processor? I'm guessing it's the former since Oliver goes for that method and his is obviously the first cookery book you've ever picked up. :razz:

It's a lot less hassle in a food processor btw.

Crushing fucking almonds in a pestle and mortar is far from easy. I've got forearms like Popeye today. Food prothethorth are for homth according to Jamie. :razz:

Gonna do a big pan of broth tomorrow, have to nip to the butchers later to get myself a pork knuckle or a ham shank

There's at least two euphemisms there.

Gonna do a big pan of broth tomorrow, have to nip to the butchers later to get myself a pork knuckle or a ham shank

There's at least two euphemisms there.

Aye. They're off cuts an all-could get them oot the butchers dustbin.

Tuna pasta sounds like a good idea... maybe grate some bread and cheese over the top and grill it, make a bake instead though...

Give the fish something fairly healthy to eat and you just know he's gonna lather a layer of baked fat over the top of it. ;)

Tuna pasta sounds like a good idea... maybe grate some bread and cheese over the top and grill it, make a bake instead though...

Give the fish something fairly healthy to eat and you just know he's gonna lather a layer of baked fat over the top of it. ;)

Aye, I was thinkingthat-just have a cheese butty with it you fat jabber!

Btw, lasses love a bloke who can cook. (Unless they have an eating disorder or they're a dyke, or both.) And on that note, I'm intrigued as to why Scottie has foresaken poker strategy books for Jamie Oliver....

Btw, lasses love a bloke who can cook. (Unless they have an eating disorder or they're a dyke, or both.) And on that note, I'm intrigued as to why Scottie has foresaken poker strategy books for Jamie Oliver....

If there is a better half, he's clearly too cheap to take her out on Valentine's Day. ;)

I'm still playing the poker man, don't worry about that. And I'm only picking the stuff from the Oliver book that's a piece of piss to make (although if I'd known how hard crushing those almonds would be, I'd have scratched that one off the list ;) ) then hoying it in the fridge so I don't have to piss about when I get in from work.

If there is a better half, he's clearly too cheap to take her out on Valentine's Day. ;)

Aye you can imagine Alex's been reeling that one off ad nauseum all week tbh.

weigh less than each of you lot, so you can kiss my arse! :razz:

GM, I'm not fat at all, I was carrying a lot of weight when Scott last saw me so he's perpetuated this myth about me being some kind of walking Table Mountain for fun.

I'm positively trim these days, down to 13 stone now. Doing alot of those Core exercises that were on here a week ago or so.

so fatty ginger knakcers can manifest his feelings of inedaquacy in some other way, can't he ;)

Oh sorry-it refers to Scott does it? Barely feel the need to edit my post. :razz:

If only. We're going out for a meal, over here, on me. As per usual. She doesn't know she's born tbh. :razz: