Cooking

Gemmill

Spectacularly rookie question here from someone who claims to know his way around the kitchen, but does anyone know if it's safe to prepare a lasagna now - brown the mince, layer it up, whack the cheese on top - then put it in the fridge and cook it this evening? I'm trying to cut a few corners but I don't want the result to be food poisoning or thoroughly soggy pasta sheets. :razz:

Euphemism to end all euphemisms coming from a gay bloke.

"Darling, would you like to brown the mince tonight?"

:lol: Dirty Fucka!

Greek salad. :lol:

Bit of cheese sprinkled on top? :razz:

I'll do the euphemisms if you don't mind, Harry.

I think Meenzer was doing a pretty good job of them himself tbf :)

Made CHilli beef a couple of nights ago.

well I say chilli beef, it was minced beef with chopped tomatoes, a red onion, 2 chilli peppers, half a green pepper and half a red one. Banged it in a pan with some olive oil and cooked off most of the water.

about ten minutes before it's done I threw in some Fajita spice and some Basil, stirred it in and cooked it for another five minutes or so before adding some more fajita spice and stirring it up.

served with a mixed salad and tortilla wraps and a simple salsa sauce.

:lol: two thumbs fresh :razz:

• 1 year later...

I made a nice chilli last night from that Ministry Of Food book by Jamie Oliver, as well as some chilli rice that was also in the book for me and wor lass. Canny impressed by how easy the stuff to make in that book is tbh. Well if Gemmill can do it...

• 3 months later...
Guest alex

You can make a canny curry by using the pastes that you can buy. Then you can add a bit of fresh chilli, ginger or whatever to suit your tastes.

You can make a canny curry by using the pastes that you can buy. Then you can add a bit of fresh chilli, ginger or whatever to suit your tastes.

How funny is that :D I found this thread to ask if anyone had a good curry recipe! Has to be mild though. I had a grand recipe that mum in law gave me years ago which I used to use and cant find now. (making from scratch mind) Last night I used a jar one and added mango chutney, sultanas etc but tbh it wasnt good.

Guest alex

How funny is that :D I found this thread to ask if anyone had a good curry recipe! Has to be mild though. I had a grand recipe that mum in law gave me years ago which I used to use and cant find now. (making from scratch mind) Last night I used a jar one and added mango chutney, sultanas etc but tbh it wasnt good.

I'm on about the paste in jars rather than the sauce in jars btw. The latter is pretty naff.

It's not just the taste in jar stuff, it's the ridiculously unhealthy stuff they've got in them if you look.

I'm on about the paste in jars rather than the sauce in jars btw. The latter is pretty naff.

Cant recall seeing pastes in jars alex, who makes them? That would be good, I can add what I like then.

It's not just the taste in jar stuff, it's the ridiculously unhealthy stuff they've got in them if you look.

yeah, it didnt look very healthy! I shant use them again.

Guest alex

Cant recall seeing pastes in jars alex, who makes them? That would be good, I can add what I like then.

Pataks for example. Available in all good supermarkets, as they say. There's some canny recipes on their website too. You can even mix pastes (like madras and tikka) to do a chilli masala etc. Obviously you like the mild ones so if you're doing something like a korma, you also add cream, almonds and so on.