Craig Bellamy

LeazesMag

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scored a goal and set up another with a superb piece of vision, controlled passing and ability, in the Nou Camp. Which sums up his game, and his value to his club.

He could have played in the Nou Camp in a Newcastle shirt. But because he loves the club so much and doing what was best for the team, he decided he'd punch Materazzi in the first 5 minutes of the first group game against Inter, helping the team to a 10-man 4-1 home defeat, and then being suspended for the trip to Barcelona.

PWND

LM, honest question:

Do you really think the oh so wonderful Chairman and his super board would buy Bellamy back?

If you don't and he is such a fantastic player and they are such a great board why wouldn't they?

scored a goal and set up another with a superb piece of vision, controlled passing and ability, in the Nou Camp. Which sums up his game, and his value to his club.

What fucking difference does it make what stadium it's at????

Really?? :lol:

LM, honest question:

Do you really think the oh so wonderful Chairman and his super board would buy Bellamy back?

If you don't and he is such a fantastic player and they are such a great board why wouldn't they?

Sorry Jon, but these decisions are for the manager. But I'm not surprised you think the chairman is the manager, it does explain why you get so many assumptions wrong, although you aren't the only one ...

LM, honest question:

Sorry Jon, but these decisions are for the manager. But I'm not surprised you think the chairman is the manager, it does explain why you get so many assumptions wrong, although you aren't the only one ...

Gary Speed's transfer to Bolton springs to mind :lol:

Bellamy was a very good player for Newcastle but i don't see the point of this thread tbh.

I'm one of the few who think Freddie gets a rough ride from the supporters but everyone makes mistakes. Freddie's decision that Souness was more valuable to the club than Bellamy was a very big one and had nothing to do with the opinions on a message board. Souness had amply proved himself incompetent so the decision was irrational.

The Pro Freddie group would retain more dignity by simply laying the blame where it deserves to be rather than making implied criticism to mere supporters on a forum.

While i admire Bellamy as a player and still think it was the wrong decision to sell him and i think he would be an asset we badly need i now think it would be a mistake to buy him back.

We will never really find out what went on behind the scenes with all the stories about him and Shearer but no club should be a 1 man club which is really what we were when Shearer was playing. A fantastic ambassador for the club and the game dont get me wrong but while he was here all the talk was of Shearer { apart from the few weeks when we had a player with a Chester / Scouse accent called Michael Owen].

Now that Shearer has gone Bellamys head would be so big they would have to widen the doors and for me no matter how good a player is they should also be an asset to the club. I think we have found an ideal one in Steven Taylor dedicated to the club hardworking and modest.

So yes i would have him back as a player but for me he simply has too much baggage which we can do without.

LM, honest question:

Apart from when a big name/ useful player was bought by Souness then it was the chairman?

I don't really want to take any sides in this argument but that's quite a silly comment. Home/away advantage plays quite a big part in football. Playing one of the best teams in Europe can sometimes be a little bit tricky.

:lol:

It was a good pass but much like Andy Gray you are going way over the top as to how good it was.

I don't think so. Only good players see things so quickly and play it so perfectly.

Like Martins defence splitting pass to set up Butt's goal against Spurs?

Well, when Martins almost single handedly converts a mid table team to one who qualifies for the Champions League, then you can substantiate your point with more substance. Although I obviously hope he does, he hasn't just yet.

Which almoot, single handedly dinmantles your position of self-appointed authority on football. Gary Speed? Alan Shearer? Nolberto Solano?, Bobby Robson? Football being a TEAM game. You do sound incredibly dimwitted. Did you ever play football at a decent standard? I did :unsure:

How long until we see the words "Scottish" and "fuckpig"...??

Anyone want to run a book... :unsure:

If Shepherd didn't sack Sir Bobby 4 games into the season and replace him with someone who has a history of falling out with players then it's likely that Bellamy would still be here.

TWO YEARS AGO. NOT RELEVANT.

Well, maybe we should try to buy him back ?

The 5th best chairman over the past decade has already ruled out him coming back here after he sent his son some nasty texts. ;)

Hold on a minute, didn't Shepherd sanction the sale of Bellamy? Didn't Shepherd hire Souness?

Look I know one bad decision does not a bad chairman make, but two?

He could have played in the Nou Camp in a Newcastle shirt. But because he loves the club so much and doing what was best for the team, he decided he'd punch Materazzi in the first 5 minutes of the first group game against Inter, helping the team to a 10-man 4-1 home defeat, and then being suspended for the trip to Barcelona.

LM, is Bellamy the first man that's made your willy go stiff or what?

The truth is, once again Bellamy has had the last laugh. I'm not obsessed about him, but I can't have been the only one who was sat in front of the TV last night thinking he could still be playing for us.

I guess you could say he may not be worth the hassle, but he's a very, very good player. And as long as we're a mid-table team with clowns like Sibierski playing up front for us, it's only fair to say that we've gone backwards (which is, of course, not want Leazes wants to hear).

Yesh HBellamy is a good player, yes Id have liked him to stay. But, Im happy with Martins and Owen and hope the wee man is fit sometime soon. Regarding the season where we in the CL and finished 3rd, Bellamy scored 9 goals with shearer on 25. Lets not also forget that Bellamy often went through alot of each season out of form, wasnt very consistant. The team he was in was also made by Nobby and Robert who at the time were providing more assists than most for other teams between them. Id nottake away what Bellamy done or perhaps could still be doing, but we've moved on long ago. Reason he left? Souness. Blokes still a tosser though, just that back then he was our tosser.

The truth is, once again Bellamy has had the last laugh. I'm not obsessed about him, but I can't have been the only one who was sat in front of the TV last night thinking he could still be playing for us.

I guess you could say he may not be worth the hassle, but he's a very, very good player. And as long as we're a mid-table team with clowns like Sibierski playing up front for us, it's only fair to say that we've gone backwards (which is, of course, not want Leazes wants to hear).

If Liverpool had come in for him at any point in his time here, he would have been off like a shot. So I wouldn't be so sure that he'd still be here even if the business with Souness had never happened.

And I can honestly say I don't watch games where Bellamy is playing and pine for him like some seem to. He's a good player, but he's not my concern anymore.

Still, we have a lot of nice boys at the club, so we are better off than doing things like this.

Also - I suppose if Martins scores 1 goal more than him, people will say he's a better player on that basis.

You seem to be gloating. One of the clubs we aspire to be rivals of has just beat the European Champions away from home. Also, if Bellamy keeps playing that well he'll stay there. Yes, I can see how that must make you happy. Unless you're more arsed about being proven right (at least in the straw man argument you've built on this one) than the fortunes of the club you claim to support so fervently. I can't see what satisfaction you can possibly draw from what happened last night tbh.

Who cares? hasn't been a Newcastle player for 2 years. Get over it

Mr Nail, meet Mr Head.

Why would they want to meet? As I understand it, the phrase you refer to is "hits the nail on the head", the head being part of the nail...so that's just nonsense. :lol:

Was thinking the same thing, it's like introducing somebody to their own arm.

Maybe Mr. Hammer meet Mr. Nail.