when did you see your first

bobbyshinton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I had one until about 2000. Always thought they were for wankers but then I actually liked having one once I eventually did get one.

I only got one at the time because the Mrs (who at that time was living on her own) had one and i realised it was cheaper to speak to her using free minutes on a mobile than using a landline.

Answering Gemmill's question, if I don't know the number, it doesn't get answered. And if they don't leave an answerphone message, it can't be important so most of the time I answer it "alright mate?"

When I was working on the helpdesk though, I did sometimes used to forget when I was out of work mode and answer my mobile "Good afternoon, IT Helpdesk, Craig speaking...."

:(

Got my first one in 98, it was a vodafone chunky thing iirc, I went to the local "ethnic persons" corner shop for some tabs and came out with the mobile phone and a case of vodka ;) .

Got my first one in 98, it was a vodafone chunky thing iirc, I went to the local "ethnic persons" corner shop for some tabs and came out with the mobile phone and a case of vodka ;) .

A case of vodka? WTF?!

Got my first one in 98, it was a vodafone chunky thing iirc, I went to the local "ethnic persons" corner shop for some tabs and came out with the mobile phone and a case of vodka <_< .

A case of vodka? WTF?!

;) he did me a "deal" if I bought both, think he was due a visit from the lercal plod :P

Anybody answer theirs like a twat? A lad I knew in America used to answer his with either "Speak." or "Go." What a tit. And he was informed of that too.

Got a twat works for me answers yellow ;)

Lad I know answers " 'sup N***er? "

he's white, decidedly middle class, from Clapham and has probably never been to Brixton, let alone Compton.

he justifies it by saying he's "Reclaiming the term".. he fails to spot the incongruity

Lad I know answers " 'sup N***er? "

he's white, decidedly middle class, from Clapham and has probably never been to Brixton, let alone Compton.

he justifies it by saying he's "Reclaiming the term".. he fails to spot the incongruity

plank tbh ;)

I always answer in a sort of "Hello?" tone. I think it's asked as a question out of habit from answering landlines when I don't know who's calling. I should really be more affirmative when I have the name coming up on the screen...

My first was a Motorola my mate lent me because I was about the only person in our year who didn't have one in about 2001/02. I can't remember the model and I can't find a picture of it. ;)

Some one at work answers it "talk to me!"

He's never rung me like, if he did, I'd hang up with that fucking line...

Some one at work answers it "talk to me!"

He's never rung me like, if he did, I'd hang up with that fucking line...

If he put the word "Goose" on the end, it would be a fucking great way to answer the phone. ;)

My uncle used to have one of those very early mobile phones/car phones whose receiver and transmitter or whatever it was took up almost the entire boot of his car.

I like to answer with the classic Montgomery Burns "Hoy, Hoy" at times if I'm being honest.

Reckon the first mobile phone I saw was on Only Fools like. ;)

First mobile I ever saw was in the University library way back in 1994. There was I, surviving on Safeway's budget brand beans on toast, scraping by on a mammoth overdraft and student loan..and on the opposite side of the desk was a nouveau scruff toffy-nosed chinless wonder dressed from head to toe in full posh git uniform (cricket jumper etc) talking away to his "papa" in an annoying braying manner, moaning about how he was down to his last 500 notes in his Coutts account and could "papa" send him some more money please...

Can still remember the seething rage at this travesty within me at the time. ;)

The title of this thread keeps catching my eye. I always forget what it is and expect it to be something filthy.

don't you just see who started the thread and realise that this is very unlikely to be true?

The first one I had was a Motorola

mom3288b.gif

Then I had a Nokia 3210, then a 3310. I've got a 6610 now, but I hardly ever use it. I don't particulalrly like mobiles, but I might change it soon.

I got my first phone around the time we beat Tranmere in the FA Cup (year escapes me). I got the model down from the Trium Geo that was posted earlier in this thread, all it was missing was the flip front.

Now i've got a Motorola RAZR and it takes fucking ages to actually connect once you flip the face down so I usually answer like, "Hello.................................*realise they haven't heard me* Hello"

The title of this thread keeps catching my eye. I always forget what it is and expect it to be something filthy.

don't you just see who started the thread and realise that this is very unlikely to be true?

Tbf didn't Bobby start a thread about bumfun?