3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

Yeh i know...

I dont think they did though...

And if they did they should be relocated and have their names changed etc...

Society is hateful enough allready and if they did it it was obviously an accident

Woah, step away from the vehicle!

Perhaps the death of their child (all hypothetical of course) was an accident, but you think they just forgot to mention it until it was too late?

If they did indeed kill her, hide and then dump the body, they should be given no rights whatsoever, accident or no accident. They've taken "society" on a merry dance if it turns out to be them, and they deserve all the hate they might get.

However, I've seen nothing so far to convince me they had any part to play, other than being irresponsible parents.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh i know...

I dont think they did though...

And if they did they should be relocated and have their names changed etc...

Society is hateful enough allready and if they did it it was obviously an accident

Woah, step away from the vehicle!

Perhaps the death of their child (all hypothetical of course) was an accident, but you think they just forgot to mention it until it was too late?

If they did indeed kill her, hide and then dump the body, they should be given no rights whatsoever, accident or no accident. They've taken "society" on a merry dance if it turns out to be them, and they deserve all the hate they might get.

However, I've seen nothing so far to convince me they had any part to play, other than being irresponsible parents.

I know but its people turning up to heckle them as they turn up for questioning ffs

Channel 4 say the portuguese polliss have tapped phone calls and emails made by the mccanns.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/soci...e+tapped/786152

Yeah they've apparently being taping them and monitoring them (even using long rang mics to listen to direct conversations) for quite a while now.

Police do it here too...

Been doing it for years, although I'm not sure it was technically legal until about 2005.

Without getting too sick here, don't you think a doctor of his skill would know of a particular way to get rid of a body?

The "impressive" thing would not so much be getting rid of her body, as finding a place to hide it in the time frame they had, keeping it there undiscovered for 5 weeks, and then managing to move it without being seen (and leaving very little trace if they did) to somewhere else. All in a place where they were tourists.

The thing that disturbs me about the DNA stuff is how absolute the police and everyone else seems to think it is (it can be, but it requires a lot of things to be right - but equally there are a load of things that can make it effectively worthless, or "show" something it does not, right from the collection method until they get it to the lab).

The police in this country have had their fingers burnt a couple of times now with DNA evidence (I think they kinda backed away from it's 100% proof after this - maybe some UK lawyer can say), but it looks like the Portuguese police are treating it as infallible.

Really it's a big tragedy either way: her parents killing her (and somehow managing to do the rest) OR that she's out there somewhere dead or alive and no one is really looking.

Of course the police are gonna say its her dna in the car - they want the dna database and they want dna tests to be infallible.

The uk police (and the government) have a lot riding on the result of this case.

All bollocks tbf.

I don't think they are relying on this case at all.

But wanting a full birth to death DNA database so they can trawl through it looking to solve crime (which is about the worse way to use DNA and pretty much guarantees false positives [basically a completely innocent person being brought in for something they had nothing to do with] on that sort of a scale)? Oh yes. ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6979138.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6987660.stm (a lot of the people on the current DNA data base have been charged with no crime and in many cases have just had DNA taken [from witnesses and such] to "eliminate" them which then still stays on the data base - you couldn't make it up. ;))

Channel 4 say the portuguese polliss have tapped phone calls and emails made by the mccanns.

Yeah they've apparently being taping them and monitoring them (even using long rang mics to listen to direct conversations) for quite a while now.

Police do it here too...

Been doing it for years, although I'm not sure it was technically legal until about 2005.

Without getting too sick here, don't you think a doctor of his skill would know of a particular way to get rid of a body?

The "impressive" thing would not so much be getting rid of her body, as finding a place to hide it in the time frame they had, keeping it there undiscovered for 5 weeks, and then managing to move it without being seen (and leaving very little trace if they did) to somewhere else. All in a place where they were tourists.

The thing that disturbs me about the DNA stuff is how absolute the police and everyone else seems to think it is (it can be, but it requires a lot of things to be right - but equally there are a load of things that can make it effectively worthless, or "show" something it does not, right from the collection method until they get it to the lab).

The police in this country have had their fingers burnt a couple of times now with DNA evidence (I think they kinda backed away from it's 100% proof after this - maybe some UK lawyer can say), but it looks like the Portuguese police are treating it as infallible.

Really it's a big tragedy either way: her parents killing her (and somehow managing to do the rest) OR that she's out there somewhere dead or alive and no one is really looking.

Where did you get that from? The police have refused to confirm or deny anything, it's the media spinning this. How do you know the portuguese police aren't looking at all the angles, in fact if they are bugging their conversations this is exactly what they are doing.

DNA evidence is worth very little without other evidence to back it up. I get the feeling the police have a pretty good idea what happened but are just collecting evidence to make a fail safe case, or waiting for the couple to crack up, whichever comes first.

Police do it here too...

Where did you get that from? The police have refused to confirm or deny anything, it's the media spinning this. How do you know the portuguese police aren't looking at all the angles, in fact if they are bugging their conversations this is exactly what they are doing.

Just from everything that has been stated, but yes it is like chinese whispers (which the Portuguese police were rightly getting a LOT of shit for prior to interviewing her parents).

Stuff is being leaked now saying that they have "damming evidenced" (from DNA) placing her body in the boot of the car.

If does look like they've been after her parents since before the car issue though, since around the time the Portuguese papers started circulating stories about her parents having killed her (which was after the "blood spot" in the flat, which has only been a partial match - meaning it could have come from either of her parents or siblings as well as Madeline).

DNA evidence is worth very little without other evidence to back it up. I get the feeling the police have a pretty good idea what happened but are just collecting evidence to make a fail safe case, or waiting for the couple to crack up, whichever comes first.

They've already stated what they "think" happened.

That she was regularly sedating her children with injected sedative, she fatally overdosed Madeline, in the time between them raising the alarm and her last being seen alive they managed to remove the body from the flat and area and hide it somewhere (presumably on foot), where it then lay undiscovered for 5 weeks. Then they moved it in the body of the hire car, avoiding police, press and public attentions to somewhere else leaving very little trace.

Although there seems to be no evidence to back any of that up at this moment (and remember this story was put to her parents BEFORE the DNA test were 100% complete).

So I dunno, either the police are being a iffy as they have been throughout this whole thing, or Madeline's parents are pretty much psychopathic criminal masterminds. Neither is a nice option. ;)

Edited by Fop

The witch-hunt that the media frenzy has whipped up is ridiculous...

Many people have already tried and convicted the McCanns before they've even been charged with anything. What if it is a load of bollocks? Try to put yourself in a situation where not only is a child of yours missing, but that people are (possibly) falsely pointing the finger at you for being responsible. I can't speak for others but it would destroy me.

So Kate McCann does look like she's acting a bit odd - her kid's been snatched for fuck's sake and grief and trauma affect people in diffferent ways. Far too many people are too quick to judge these days - if there's conclusive proof they've done something, THEN show your disgust of them.

Trying to think rationally and given the amount of media hype around them for that first 4-6 weeks after her disappearance, there's no way in my mind that they could have transported her in that car without someone noticing.

Many people have already tried and convicted the McCanns before they've even been charged with anything. What if it is a load of bollocks? Try to put yourself in a situation where not only is a child of yours missing, but that people are (possibly) falsely pointing the finger at you for being responsible. I can't speak for others but it would destroy me.

So Kate McCann does look like she's acting a bit odd - her kid's been snatched for fuck's sake and grief and trauma affect people in diffferent ways. Far too many people are too quick to judge these days - if there's conclusive proof they've done something, THEN show your disgust of them.

Trying to think rationally and given the amount of media hype around them for that first 4-6 weeks after her disappearance, there's no way in my mind that they could have transported her in that car without someone noticing.

Tbf I don't think there is a witch hunt (on here at least) but I really don't think we know the full facts of the matter like the police. It's the implications that the police are corrupt and desperate to fit them up I think is just as wrong, time will tell.

I don't think there's been a witch hunt either, I think the media have been very sympathetic to their cause so far, they are quite within their rights to be reporting on the findings of the Portugese investigation.

Witch-hunt is perhaps not the right word, and I wasn't referring to specifically on here....

But the fingers are beginning to be pointed and I personally find the whole situation uncomfortable.

Witch-hunt is perhaps not the right word, and I wasn't referring to specifically on here....

But the fingers are beginning to be pointed and I personally find the whole situation uncomfortable.

Its not a thought anyone wants to consider, agreed, but this couple is already less than whiter than white, they either accidently killed their daughter and disposed of the body (which for the record I doubt is what happened) or they left her and her sibblings unattended whilst they pissed it up.

Either way they are not exactly in the running for Parents of the year.

Tbf I don't think there is a witch hunt (on here at least) but I really don't think we know the full facts of the matter like the police. It's the implications that the police are corrupt and desperate to fit them up I think is just as wrong, time will tell.

I don't think they are corrupt as such (although frankly compared to the UK system it could be argued they are - which is shocking in and of itself), just seem to have been out of their depth from the very beginning (they were very, very slow initially leaving more than enough time for anyone with a child to get well out of the area and possible even country).

And given they are under HUGE public pressure (often contradictory as well) not just in Portugal, but world wide, they clearly want A conviction or something to take the pressure off.

It just reminds me more than a bit of the sort of cases in the UK from years ago where it was a case of get anyone to relieve the criticism.

If they are innocent then what is being done the the Mcann's is utterly appalling, but even if they are guilty it's not a very good way to have gone about things (apparently they've been controlled leaking to the Portuguese press to whip up pressure on the Mcann's for a while, way back to around the Pope visit - despite such things being completely illegal under their system).

Its not a thought anyone wants to consider, agreed, but this couple is already less than whiter than white, they either accidently killed their daughter and disposed of the body (which for the record I doubt is what happened) or they left her and her sibblings unattended whilst they pissed it up.

Either way they are not exactly in the running for Parents of the year.

If they are innocent they were utterly, utterly stupid, without a doubt. Although it seems that it was the normal thing for everyone in that group to do.

I don't think there's much of a witch hunt at all tbh. They haven't had any bad press right from the off which it could be said they deserved for their original (quite possibly) true story of leaving the bairns in the room while they went on the piss. I know most on here have criticised that but the press have been very soft on them because of the horendous situation they are in.

If they are telling the truth I do feel sorry for them being accused and I know that it would be devestating to me if I was in a similar situation (not to mention extremely frustating given that I would know the police were wasting their time when they could be out looking for my daughter).

The more I think about it, despite my feelings that the mother in particular has behaved strangely since this began, I agree it's difficult to imagine how they could have hid her body for weeks in an area that is being searched (and in the Portugese heat) and then retrieved it and transported it in a hire car to got knows where while the worlds media watches their every move.

Was only a matter of time before the papers turned. Remember, if it was a working class family they'd have had over a hundred days of this treatment already so the McCanns should consider themselves lucky

You can't help thinking if it had been a single mother from a council estate called Tracy who had been out clubbing in her white Stillettoes waving her knickers in the air, who had left her kids alone, she'd have been vilified from the very begining.

Let's call a spade a fuckin shovel here but if that little girl was the daughter of a 1 parent family on a cheap as shit package holidy how much would the fuclin media be all over her like a rash calling her an unfit mother and taking the other two kids off her into social care ...but ergo tis a middle class mother so lets throw in the fuckin sympathy ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how right would I be !! ;)

Edited by Radgina

Let's call a spade a fuckin shovel here but if that little girl was the daughter of a 1 parent family on a cheap as shit package holidy how much would the fuclin media be all over her like a rash calling her an unfit mother and taking the other two kids off her into social care ...but ergo tis a middle class mother so lets throw in the fuckin sympathy ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already be locked up tbh with her other kids in care from the day the story broke - fact

Already be locked up tbh with her other kids in care from the day the story broke - fact

And rightly so imo (regardless of 'class status')

Was only a matter of time before the papers turned. Remember, if it was a working class family they'd have had over a hundred days of this treatment already so the McCanns should consider themselves lucky

You can't help thinking if it had been a single mother from a council estate called Tracy who had been out clubbing in her white Stillettoes waving her knickers in the air, who had left her kids alone, she'd have been vilified from the very begining.

The middle class have ruined England. FACT.

Hmm is say it was more the peasant underclass that continue to and allways have ruined England..

...yeah but that kind of ruining is a loveable clueless rapscallion style ruining...The middle classes on the other hand have done nothing but shit on the country since the 50's.