José Enrique

Baggio

liverpool are in prime position at the minute to break into it with Arsenal in disarray and spurs failing to bring in anyone up front and looking like they'll lose modric.

If they're going get into the top four, now is their best chance tbh.

In any case, just because top 4 is out of our reach at present doesn't excuse completely giving up on trying to hold onto decent players, which is more or less what the club has done. It's no good pointing to offering Enrique a 'lucrative' contract either since, in the context of the situation at the club, anyone decent is probably going to look to move on at some stage.

I think as much as I occasionally wear rose tinted glasses, others wear the opposite (whatever they are).

During the last season.

Tiote offered new deal / accepted

Carrol offered new deal / accepted

Ben Arfa offered new deal / accepted

Barton offered new deal / accepted then declined / basket case tbf

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up.

Enrique offered new deal / But had made mind up last summer to be away.

Lots of other players such as Shane etc tied up on 5 year deals.

Like statistics we can all put our own spin on all of this.

Tiote will be sold.

Carroll has been sold.

Ben Arfa will be sold.

Barton hasn't been offered a contract.

Nolan says the club reneged on promises made to him and was sold.

Enrique has been sold.

The kids on 5 year deals are on low wages.

As I said, we can all put spin on it and play guessing games, which is why I was sticking to plain old simple facts.

Carroll has been sold.

Barton hasn't been offered a contract.

Nolan says the club reneged on promises made to him and was sold.

Enrique has been sold.

The kids on 5 year deals are on low wages.

Better?

Meaningless really in the context of the discussion.

Alex said the club had completely given up on trying to hold on to our better players. My list of factual contract offers shows that's not the case.

As I also said, various viewpoints will put various spins on it.

Blah Blah Blah,

Blah Blah Blah,

Blah Blah Blah,

Blah Blah Blah,

Blah Blah Blah,

Blah Blah Blah,

The board are fucking shite and are killing our football club!

Complete and utter nonsense as usual. Konchesky is worse than I make out and Poulsen (that ok for you? I usually just refer to him as that dope) was a bench warmer for much of his time at Juve. If a player or manager isn’t liked anywhere they are made to know it. To end up a quivering wreck says more about the lack of character in the player and he really should never have become a footballer if what you say is true. (That would be a novelty)

Why the fuck would you use Martin Luther King and the EDL in the same sentence? Did you just want to use his name to show you knew who he was? That would be fairly typical of you, but think on next time, it might sound better if you used the KKK in reference to MLK.

We sacked a manager too and had our share of injuries, we also lost our best striker. Our problem from August to January was the manager we had, no more needs to be said for me.

You obviously didn’t meet those Liverpool fans here in Liverpool, because even though we knew he had been happy at his ‘hometown’ club he made it very clear that he was made up to have made the move and to be here. If anything, since then, he looks even happier to be here, but delude yourself all you want, it’s what most fans do, instead of looking at these people who in reality are just doing a job they happen to love, and when better and bigger prospects come along 99% of footballers jump at them.

Do you not understand the meaning of irony you absolute fuckwit. As for the rest of it made up heresay, you don't know anything about football shown by the fact you can't even spell your own players names correctly. You are like one of those annoying Yorkshire Terriers which won't leave you alone and keeps humping away at ya leg. Bigger and better prospects are CL football, you won't have that for many years. I'll bet you £100 now you won't have it in the next 2 seasons, although as with most people from your area your lack of honour would mean I'll not get paid anyway.

I'm sorry but there is no way Poulsen was ever a good player in Italy. he was fucking terrible. sissoko got picked ahead of him which says a lot.

If Enrique is the only player who's actually wanted to leave since relegation, you have to wonder what the problem has been in holding onto the other ones.

Complete and utter nonsense as usual. Konchesky is worse than I make out and Poulsen (that ok for you? I usually just refer to him as that dope) was a bench warmer for much of his time at Juve. If a player or manager isn’t liked anywhere they are made to know it. To end up a quivering wreck says more about the lack of character in the player and he really should never have become a footballer if what you say is true. (That would be a novelty)

Why the fuck would you use Martin Luther King and the EDL in the same sentence? Did you just want to use his name to show you knew who he was? That would be fairly typical of you, but think on next time, it might sound better if you used the KKK in reference to MLK.

We sacked a manager too and had our share of injuries, we also lost our best striker. Our problem from August to January was the manager we had, no more needs to be said for me.

You obviously didn’t meet those Liverpool fans here in Liverpool, because even though we knew he had been happy at his ‘hometown’ club he made it very clear that he was made up to have made the move and to be here. If anything, since then, he looks even happier to be here, but delude yourself all you want, it’s what most fans do, instead of looking at these people who in reality are just doing a job they happen to love, and when better and bigger prospects come along 99% of footballers jump at them.

Do you not understand the meaning of irony you absolute fuckwit. As for the rest of it made up heresay, you don't know anything about football shown by the fact you can't even spell your own players names correctly. You are like one of those annoying Yorkshire Terriers which won't leave you alone and keeps humping away at ya leg. Bigger and better prospects are CL football, you won't have that for many years. I'll bet you £100 now you won't have it in the next 2 seasons, although as with most people from your area your lack of honour would mean I'll not get paid anyway.

I do understand irony very well, this remark from you of all people shows irony in all of it's glory "made up heresay"

Maybe you should consult wiki (always makes me laugh that you actually quote from it) on how to connect opposites by using context. An American civil rights leader and EDL have no connection, whereas the KKK would have, but I suppose in your tiny twisted mind it sounded good.

Bigger and better prospects are anything that is better than your present situation. Liverpool, as a club, have the history, the success, the glory, the global branding and the money to attract most players, and as Enrique said 'despite other offers he always only wanted to go to Liverpool' As your opinions don't usually have any credibility I'll look forward to CL football once again next season.

I'm very choosey who I bet with and I wouldn't trust you on any level at all, you're too much of a lying gobshite with, I imagine, a mouth as big as the Mersey Tunnel, but with much less trust. I will however pledge £50 quid to the Bobby Robson fund and £50 quid to the Hillsborough support group. A nob like you talking about honour is another delicious piece of irony.

I could see Stevie and Pacinofan meeting in a bar to have it out with each other but when their eyes locked something would stir in their breasts and these opposites would attract in a fit of passion.

If Enrique is the only player who's actually wanted to leave since relegation, you have to wonder what the problem has been in holding onto the other ones.

Carrol: Silly money.

Nolan: They had other plans in Cabaye.

I understand why the board are so hated and get no credit, but that cant really stop people from seeing the good stuff even if they dont want to praise them for it.

Acting in advance and finding a great replacement for Nolan was / is good. Bearing in mind this is what they had done, then offering Nolan a two year extension to his current deal imo was fair, particularly given that he was probably only going to be a squad player going forward.

I'll vouch for Stevie, he may have a big mouth but he's got an even bigger heart. Nae way would he renege on a bet.

On another note, predicting that players will be sold in the future doesn't really mean much unless you expect every player who signs to see their career out with the club.

Re Carroll I thought you thought he was MADE to hand in a transfer request and didnt want to leave? You cant have it both ways. (Thats my bit) :lol:

Nah, I said Carroll was a twat who secured the move he was after by handing in a transfer request (as he was told he should)...while telling everyone he was desparate to stay.

I'll vouch for Stevie, he may have a big mouth but he's got an even bigger heart. Nae way would he renege on a bet.

On another note, predicting that players will be sold in the future doesn't really mean much unless you expect every player who signs to see their career out with the club.

Maybe, but it's not a good sign that the better a player performs here the more likely they are to be sold. Truth is we're not used to being an out and out selling club, which is what we now are. Wigan and the likes will admit to it, but as supporters we have to put our hands up now and admit the truth, regardless of what the club say.

I could see Stevie and Pacinofan meeting in a bar to have it out with each other but when their eyes locked something would stir in their breasts and these opposites would attract in a fit of passion.

robertcarlylebegbie.jpg

liverpool are in prime position at the minute to break into it with Arsenal in disarray and spurs failing to bring in anyone up front and looking like they'll lose modric.

In any case, just because top 4 is out of our reach at present doesn't excuse completely giving up on trying to hold onto decent players, which is more or less what the club has done. It's no good pointing to offering Enrique a 'lucrative' contract either since, in the context of the situation at the club, anyone decent is probably going to look to move on at some stage.

I think as much as I occasionally wear rose tinted glasses, others wear the opposite (whatever they are).

During the last season.

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up.

don't know whether to laugh or cry

If you support the football team Newcastle United there is no argument for the sale of Carroll. The money has not and will not be reinvested in the team. At any price then there is no point at which that becomes good for the team. End of story.

During the last season.

Contracts up next summer

Barton

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Smith

Tavernier

Shola Ameobi

Sammy Ameobi

LuaLua

Donaldson

Soderberg

Kadar

Airey

Richardson

Newton

Inman

Adjei

Zamblera

Shola's signed on so far :lol:

The summer after that....

Harper

Coloccini

Simpson

R Taylor

Best

Dummett

Only simpson offered an extension...rejected, right?

Edited by Happy Face

All very good points, but they're just not true. Barton wanted a longer contract on lower wages. The club stopped all negotiations way before Barton let loose on twitter.

Nolan had a agreed a contract, but the club changed their offer when he had to put pen to paper.

There are two sides to those stories and you seem to believe the ones that have admitted to the fact, that they have lied to the public about their dealings.

If you support the football team Newcastle United there is no argument for the sale of Carroll. The money has not and will not be reinvested in the team. At any price then there is no point at which that becomes good for the team. End of story.

To be fair, at the time we hoped (possibly even expected) that they'd spend the money. We weren't to know they were lying again.

Whilst I'd have preferred us keeping Carroll, I can understand the money being seen as "silly money". The timing of it annoyed me the most - leaving us no time to replace him.

Nothing to do with supporters. Alex was asking why the club sold him. Keep up. :lol:

I do understand irony very well, this remark from you of all people shows irony in all of it's glory "made up heresay"

Maybe you should consult wiki (always makes me laugh that you actually quote from it) on how to connect opposites by using context. An American civil rights leader and EDL have no connection, whereas the KKK would have, but I suppose in your tiny twisted mind it sounded good.

Bigger and better prospects are anything that is better than your present situation. Liverpool, as a club, have the history, the success, the glory, the global branding and the money to attract most players, and as Enrique said 'despite other offers he always only wanted to go to Liverpool' As your opinions don't usually have any credibility I'll look forward to CL football once again next season.

I'm very choosey who I bet with and I wouldn't trust you on any level at all, you're too much of a lying gobshite with, I imagine, a mouth as big as the Mersey Tunnel, but with much less trust. I will however pledge £50 quid to the Bobby Robson fund and £50 quid to the Hillsborough support group. A nob like you talking about honour is another delicious piece of irony.

Yes the meaning was it would be HIGHLY unlikely a black leader would be welcome at an EDL meeting incredible we have thick people like you in 2011.

He always wanted to go to Liverpool hahaha, do you not think for one minute that all footballers have cliches they trot out at each club they go to. Sign for Liverpool "great history, always supported them, got a HITACHI Liverpool shirt when I was 3 even though my country was in civil war at the time". Man Utd "wanna play for the biggest club in England and win the CL", Newcastle "heard the fans are the best in England, this is a big club etc bollocks", Sunderland "I remember Steve Bruce as a player" etc...

Right £50 bet I'll agree to it, £50 to the Hillsborough Support Group which I won't need to pay, and you pay SBR Foundation. In fact I'll give you £25 if you come 5th even, you're coming 6th again unless Everton get off to a good start for a change.

Had to get rid of 4 point Ferguson to fit him in my side (in the meantime). Simpson was too good to resist as well at the lowest price for defenders virtually assured of playing when fit.