José Enrique

Baggio

'Ben Arfa 5 or 6 weeks away from comeback'. Alan Pardew

There's our new striker signing.

I thought it was 3-4 weeks at the time of injury.

This day just gets better and better.

I'm still at a loss as to how we could sell our only LB without getting a replacement in. We don't owe Liverpool anything, we can make them wait and if Enrique got injured on Saturday then too bad.

It was.

I'm probably way off the mark but I honestly believe Ben Arfa's crocked for the duration of his career. One 50/50 away from injury at any time. He'll always be like this.

I'd prefer the manager of my football club to tell the truth initially and be pissed off rather than feed us lip-service then back track and apologise when the inevitable lie is uncovered.

As a manager, Pardew must think himself incapable of achieving anything.

We were class under Keegan and Sir Bobby. Were the 2 teams great? IMO, No. But the manager knew about the size of the club and that passion and belief filtered down to the players who believed they were better than others.

Pardew's got these lot in a state of 'happy to be also rans'. He, Ashley and Llambias are a disgrace to this fine football club. It's a shame Pardew couldn't be a man and stand up.

I want to hear from Pardew as soon as possible because I find it near-impossible to believe we'd be so stupid as to sell our one fit LB 48 hours before our first match of the season without a replacement.

This move has been on the cards for months, and they finally agree to it NOW?

You have to laugh.

Yeah, some of his honest insight is what I'm craving at present.

Just want to hear what excuse he'll be using. Just to finalise this matter as yet another utter debacle in the history of Ashley-led NUFC.

Didn't we buy Enrique for £6.3-6.5m originally? Meaning we've actually made a loss on him?

:lol:

Brilliant business.

You will never get a big price for a player in the final year of a contract, especially when he wants out

Sami Nasri :icon_lol:

City would be the exception I guess as money means nothing to them

Supposing he'd gone to Man Utd (who he was linked with), or Chelsea for that matter (for example) it would've been a similar fee. It was a bit tongue-in-cheek because Enrique isn't as sought after but it doesn't seem liked we driven that hard a bargain with the fee. A bit like Shay (since we're on about City). Doesn't matter like, as others have said, unless you consider it to be one step closer to the obese one getting his money back. Meh.

Edited by alex

ALAN Pardew has insisted he could do little to prevent Jose Enrique joining Liverpool after the club confirmed a fee had been agreed earlier today.

The Newcastle manager is confident he will be able to replace the Spaniard in due course.

Pardew said: "Jose showed no motivation to sign a new contract and when a player is in the last year of his contract it is a difficult situation when it comes to accepting a fee.

"A replacement is ongoing as we speak. We need to put in place our back-up plan now but I think it's unfair to name names in public."

Pardew also said that he was confident of bringing in a new striker and new left-back before the close of play in the transfer market.

When pressed on whether the Enrique funds would go straight into the transfer kitty, he said: "Yes, I'm sure [that they will]."

Asked if Joey Barton would play against Arsenal, Pardew added: "I'm still optimistic Joey could play on Saturday.

"He must be 100% and he must be in the right frame of mind."

Newcastle now go into the game against Arsenal without a recognised left-back, but Shane Ferguson did train today.

However, the manager said he is unlikely to start, leaving other candidates such as Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez and Danny Simpson in the frame.

Decka's Carroll negotiations, January '11...

"We would accept £30m but we need to be seen to drive a hard bargain. We'll reject that offer, you come back with £35m and we'll knock the extra £5m off Enrique in the Summer"

"Deal!"

My cynicism knows no bounds.

Edited by Happy Face

ALAN Pardew has insisted he could do little to prevent Jose Enrique joining Liverpool after the club confirmed a fee had been agreed earlier today.

The Newcastle manager is confident he will be able to replace the Spaniard in due course.

Pardew said: "Jose showed no motivation to sign a new contract and when a player is in the last year of his contract it is a difficult situation when it comes to accepting a fee.

"A replacement is ongoing as we speak. We need to put in place our back-up plan now but I think it's unfair to name names in public."

Pardew also said that he was confident of bringing in a new striker and new left-back before the close of play in the transfer market.

When pressed on whether the Enrique funds would go straight into the transfer kitty, he said: "Yes, I'm sure [that they will]."

Asked if Joey Barton would play against Arsenal, Pardew added: "I'm still optimistic Joey could play on Saturday.

"He must be 100% and he must be in the right frame of mind."

Newcastle now go into the game against Arsenal without a recognised left-back, but Shane Ferguson did train today.

However, the manager said he is unlikely to start, leaving other candidates such as Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez and Danny Simpson in the frame.

ALAN Pardew has insisted he could do little to blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blahty blah

However, the manager is a cunt.

fyp

If Pieters or similar aren't here in time for the Sunderland match then someone will want shooting.

I'm barely arsed either way at this stage. They want fucking shooting anyway. :lol:

Pleased it's all done and dusted to be honest. He's been moaning for a move for 6 month, fuck off then. He's good but he's not indispensable, and this Pieters has 10 caps for a top country like Holland at 23, Jose still hasn't made his international debut.

Also although Jonas is hit and miss his relationship with Jose, without question helped him settle, will take a long time to get that with someone else.

As for his choice of club, well fair enough they've got ambition with these new owners, but they'll win fuck all in the next 5 years, the major difference he'll see is he'll play Europa League football from next season, and play in front of smaller less vocal crowds. I could've understood his desire to sign for Man Utd or Arsenal, genuinely big clubs, but to sign for a club who have wasted £100m in 8 months, bad move for him, he might get in the Spain side now though, because at this moment in time, die to our owners and their superior history in the last 40 years, they are a bigger club than us, but we'll see. I think he'll regret this move, I think Carroll will too. When they're still fighting for 6th in two years time will be lovely to see the club and Dalglish reach a "mutual decision", I'll pull this thread up in two years time.

I think Carroll is total class & it's only bitterness that has kept me saying that after his move to Liverpool - however Daglish is soon going to learn why the English premium price is generally frowned upon.

£40m for Downing & Henderson?

Pleased it's all done and dusted to be honest. He's been moaning for a move for 6 month, fuck off then. He's good but he's not indispensable, and this Pieters has 10 caps for a top country like Holland at 23, Jose still hasn't made his international debut.

Shame he probably won't sign then, knowing us. Too good to be true, and in truth he's probably not even that good.

Also although Jonas is hit and miss his relationship with Jose, without question helped him settle, will take a long time to get that with someone else.

As for his choice of club, well fair enough they've got ambition with these new owners, but they'll win fuck all in the next 5 years, the major difference he'll see is he'll play Europa League football from next season, and play in front of smaller less vocal crowds. I could've understood his desire to sign for Man Utd or Arsenal, genuinely big clubs, but to sign for a club who have wasted £100m in 8 months, bad move for him, he might get in the Spain side now though, because at this moment in time, die to our owners and their superior history in the last 40 years, they are a bigger club than us, but we'll see. I think he'll regret this move, I think Carroll will too. When they're still fighting for 6th in two years time will be lovely to see the club and Dalglish reach a "mutual decision", I'll pull this thread up in two years time.

Unfortunately chances are with the current owner and his lackey cunts, around the same time we'll be hoping to be competitive in the championship.

Alan Pardew has confirmed '100%' that we'll have a left back and striker in by end of the window.

I think Rapey struggles with percentages.

"I can’t say to you strong enough, Andy Carroll will not leave this football club in this window. 100 per cent."

“Mike Ashley has made that commitment that the money will go back into the club,” “I’m sure 100% that he will and it’s my challenge to spend the money wisely.”

Think he struggles with a lot of things tbh, the grinning simpleton.

Sooner he f**ks off the better.

If he doesn't hand in a transfer request (holding out for loyalty bonus), stick him in the reserves and take the 6m hit.

Didn't you post that the other day? Admittedly it wasn't as funny then.