Joey Barton

RlCO

Should Barton ever play for us again?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why have they done this now? more than a year after the incident when he's already in the spotlight for having just come out of jail

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a load of shite like. If something is taken outside the realm of the FA, as in this case, and has been dealt with, I don't see why they have to get involved too.

We need a jumping on the bandwagon emote. :rolleyes:

"Seen to be doing" I guess, although how the fuck they can really do this so long after the fact in something that was out of the game directly and has gone through the criminal courts I dunno.

Did the FA or Man U waiting until Cantona had been in court before taking action? Did they fuck, so they can forget about suspending him while he's playing for us.

To be fair, there was a precedent been set with Keane's admission that he intentionally went for Haaland. Didn't he get a 5 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute years after the event simply for admitting it?

By pleading guilty Barton has done the same.

Edited by Happy Face

To be fair, there was a precedent been set with Keane's admission that he intentionally went for Haaland. Didn't he get a 5 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute years after the event simply for admitting it?

By pleading guilty Barton has done the same.

You're probably right in that that's what's done for him on this occasion. Still think the fact it was dealt with in court should have put it out of the hands of the FA though.

I don't see why Newcastle United have to be disadvantaged for the actions of a then Man City player.

It's completely ludicrous. If they were going to give him the ban, they had plenty of time to do it whilst he was a City player.

dont think they could really do anything until the court verdict came out etc

maybe if he had to have served the full amount of time for either sentence they might not have bothered with this..

It'll just be because he pleaded guilty. Easy target.

given that an employee in any industry would expect to suffer professionally for a criminal offence committed at work.

To be fair that is true, the vast majority of companies/public sector jobs would give you an instant dismissal for lesser crimes let alone being charged twice in 6months...

but that should be up to us not them since we own his contract

There are major problems with the game in this country, such as the overwhelming lack of home grown talent that has seen England fail to qualify for a major tournement and the Premiership dominated by foreign stars. Instead of addressing this and other problems, the FA choses to pacify tabloids by persuing a case that has already been dealt with by the criminal courts to get headlines. I can't say I'm surprised like.

given that an employee in any industry would expect to suffer professionally for a criminal offence committed at work.

To be fair that is true, the vast majority of companies/public sector jobs would give you an instant dismissal for lesser crimes let alone being charged twice in 6months...

but that should be up to us not them since we own his contract

Not Really, many professions have governing bodies that invoke they're own discipline measures ontop of whatever his employers do

Lawyers, Doctors, etcetcetc

I mean thats what 3 or 4 offenses now were he's attacked someone or whatever, in certain professions major faults like that would have them banned for life to make sure nothing would happen again

If he were a doctor or lawyer he'd be fine. Look at Richard Neale.

What I find unfair is that we'll be penalised for his actions as a Man City player 15 months ago. He brought the game into disrepute as a Man City player, yet we suffer the consequences. Perhaps it would be fair enough if they'd brought charges at the time, suspended pending the outcome of the trial, but this seems to have come out of the blue (no pun intended).

Edit: Now they're talking about a 15 game ban in the press! Ye Gods!

Edited by Kitman

It's our own tbf. We should have taken legal advice/advice from the FA, and found out whether this was a posibility and then not signed him.

The possible positive in all this is that if there is a threat of a fifteen game ban then it might spur us into action to sign a/some midfielder(s).

Fucking hell!!! Just what we need, Barton out for maybe another 8 weeks which will give him time to go out, get pissed and twat more people. People will be baiting him when he`s out and he doesnt strike me as the type who could just walk away

Fucking hell!!! Just what we need, Barton out for maybe another 8 weeks which will give him time to go out, get pissed and twat more people. People will be baiting him when he`s out and he doesnt strike me as the type who could just walk away

Doubt he'll be going out much to be honest, he's also been off the drink for over 6 months now.