Final position predicition

Craig

So we've got Keegan in and the gutter press are all reporting that our expectations are sky high and we collectively feel we're going to qualify for the Champions League this season....

Shows to me exactly how out of touch they really are - so what are everyone's realistic predictions for where we'll finish the season?

Me, I think you can straight away discount the top 4 - they're away in the distance and what's more, probably will be next season too. Aside from that, I think Man City, Portsmouth, Everton and Villa are out of our reach too for the remainder of this season. Just can't see those 4 dropping 10 points more than us with what's left.

Next on the list are Blackburn, West Ham & Spurs. I think each of those is catchable and that should be our realistic target. With that in mind I feel the best that we can hope to achieve is 9th. Anything higher than that of course would be welcomed and should be looked at as a bonus...

Where do you think we'll finish?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, in the group we are now 10/11/12th but with the league spreading out a bit, i.e. we'll be safe but top 7-8 will be too far away / pic up too many points.

This season I'd be happy with 10+. Given how much we have fell behind in the last few weeks, the players we have out, what needs changing in the squad and the length of time it may take KK to change things. Mind, Im also now convinced if Sam had stayed we'd be looking over our shoulder.

Next season Id be aiming for a Uefa spot.

This season I'd be happy with 10+. Given how much we have fell behind in the last few weeks, the players we have out, what needs changing in the squad and the length of time it may take KK to change things. Mind, Im also now convinced if Sam had stayed we'd be looking over our shoulder.

this.

Amazing isn't it? The media reckon we're all being unrealistic and reckon that we'll suddenly be elevated to where we were 11/12 years ago yet the consensus of the fans think we'll finish no higher than mid-table.

Parky, which of the two sides I mentioned do you think we'll finish above?

Amazing isn't it? The media reckon we're all being unrealistic and reckon that we'll suddenly be elevated to where we were 11/12 years ago yet the consensus of the fans think we'll finish no higher than mid-table.

Parky, which of the two sides I mentioned do you think we'll finish above?

Pompey and Man City are really beginning to stutter.

Pompey cause they really aren't as good as the early season form suggested and it will also hang on if we can tease Campbell away as he is the organiser at the back.

Man City need to buy 2/3 players, they have a small squad and although 2/3 quality players, they look like they are tiring as the same players have played nearly every game.

Of course when I say 7th it really is a best case scenario I'm talking about, but I wouldn't rule it out. However a lot depends on who we buy and who they don't buy. But it does look like we're going to buy in this window and that for me means all bets are off.

this.

Ditto.

I think we'll finish fifth bottom. Serious.

You taking that from Michael Wrays spreadsheet?

No. Snakehip's Scientific Study Sheet. Or, just commonly referred to as: Shit! :razz:

FYP :blush:

We have fallen a bit off the top half of the table in recent weeks and I think it will be very difficult to make up those points.

There are probably a few teams in that pack above us though that are likely to have a bad spell too so it may still be possible. I'll be optimistic and go for 8th.