• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles
Defoe completes Pompey deal

There's just nobody out there[/keegan] :razz:

No one who can considerably strengthen the team and we could realistically hope to get, no.

No better than Viduka, Smith, Shola, Carroll, yeah ok....

You'd want to spend a considerable amount of money on another 'little' striker when we have Owen and Martins? Fair enough.

*glances at the league table*

yes I would !

As much as it kills me to agree with Patrokles, two little men don't tend to work. We currently have two decent small men up front, we need a more mobile, fit and 'complimentary' Viduka up front to act as foil for them to work off.

Fixed your typo.

Guest Patrokles
hmmm something like 2 or maybe 3 shots on target in last 3 games?

would I want more strikers based on that? :razz:

Not a problem with the strikers, though, is it? It's the supply.

anybody have a link saying that the benjani/defoe deal is a done deal???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7218964.stm

trophyshy, Keegan!

tbf the only thing I signed is for my fleshlight from DHL....

Come on own up who's plastic but lifelike clunge did you order?

CLUNGE! LMFAO!

anybody have a link saying that the benjani/defoe deal is a done deal???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7218964.stm

trophyshy, Keegan!

tbf the only thing I signed is for my fleshlight from DHL....

Come on own up who's plastic but lifelike clunge did you order?

CLUNGE! LMFAO!

You prefer a tasty quim?

I'm a minge man meself... :razz:

Portsmouth and Spuds agree a fee for Jermain Defoe

opening the door for benjani's move to man city?

'Arry must be off his rocker. Throwing away one of the form players of the season and a fans' favorite for another over-rated over-priced England international waster.

Senile tbh.

No.

Benjani is nearly 30 and the fee being banded around is £8mil. So if they can get £8mil for Benjani who doesn't offer a lot other than running and then buy Jermain Defoe for £7mil then that is fantastic business. Defoe isn't the best striker in the world but he is a decent Premier League striker.

And he isn't an England international.

The fee is £6mil for Benjani, who (need I remind you) is third top scorer in the Premier League with two hat-tricks as opposed to Defoe who's managed 3 Premier League goals and contends with Darren Bent for third place at Spurs.

You're also wrong about the England international bit. This is bad business and although Benjani isn't world class he's better than Defoe.

The fee being quoted for Benjani was £8million. Those two hat tricks came against Reading and Derby, that's not groundbreaking. All Benjani offers is a lot of running and he is nearly 30, cash in while it's possible.

I'm not wrong about the England international part. When was the last time Jermain Defoe played for England? Uruguay? and that was a substitute appearance over a year ago and (need I remind you) he isn't in the CURRENT ENGLAND SQUAD.

The only way the transfer could have been criticised was in that neither Defoe or Baros can play up front alone but they have Kanu who can hold up and bring others into play. Give Jermain Defoe the chances and he will put them away and Portsmouth will make chances for Jermain Defore.

Christ almighty, people need to be patient, when he was appointed most agreed that it would be hard for him to get any players of significant note in the January transfer window, now all of a sudden we're a joke again for not buying for the sake of buying. Would you rather buy players now who we don't really want? Or wait until the summer and get the players we are really after to push us on? I tell you what I hate the modern day football fan, tell you what go fuck off and support someone else if you're not happy, then that way at least we don't have to put up with your constant moaning all of the time.