Official Match Thread - Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle

khay

Hopefully the performance in the secondhalf lastnight should give the players a confidence boost ahead of the Fulham match.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound too gloomy, but I think we'll only manage a draw against Fulham. Which would put us right back into it.

Only if the teams below us win their games, which I don't think is likelier, Gloombadil.

:(

All right, all right. I've just completed the BBC Predictor thing and I reckon six more points will see us safe. I have Bolton finishing 17th and Birmingham 18th BTW.

I don't want to sound too gloomy, but I think we'll only manage a draw against Fulham. Which would put us right back into it.

Only if the teams below us win their games, which I don't think is likelier, Gloombadil.

I've got us down for 2 more home wins at least.

Bolton or Brum will go maybe both.

Fulham although they will lose to us have a chance of creeping out.

I've got us down for 2 more home wins at least.

Bolton or Brum will go maybe both.

Fulham although they will lose to us have a chance of creeping out.

Fulham only have 3 home games left. Can't see them getting out of it despite winning at the weekend. I'd like to see them do it though (obviously not at our expense).

Hopefully the performance in the secondhalf lastnight should give the players a confidence boost ahead of the Fulham match.

The pleasing factor recently is that we have been putting in some decent performances. Against Blackburn we were the better side and we were clearly better in the second half last night.

I know a lot won't agree with me but I thought our performance at Liverpool wasn't as bad as the result would show either...

That was the trouble with BS. It's bad enough losing but playing like frightened lambs into the bargain was unforgivable.

Come on Kev!!! :rolleyes:

Actually telling the players TOO MUCH is as bad as telling them too little. This was the flaw in SA's thinking. :(

After a shaky first half we did very well in the second half and deserved the point if not all 3.

Taylor's decision making is still very dodgey, one particular header that should of gone for a throw springs to mind and Faye was given a torrid time from McFadden.

Enrique will come good and Beye looks a good player both fullbacks would be even better with a class partnership in the middle and some creative midfielders to give and receive the ball from.

There is obviously a lack of overall quality in the side but it is what we are stuck with until the summer, we must all get behind Keegan and the team until the end of the season because relegation would be a total disaster.

That was the trouble with BS. It's bad enough losing but playing like frightened lambs into the bargain was unforgivable.

Come on Kev!!! :blush:

Actually telling the players TOO MUCH is as bad as telling them too little. This was the flaw in SA's thinking. :(

That and his stupid fat head. :rolleyes:

After a shaky first half we did very well in the second half and deserved the point if not all 3.

Taylor's decision making is still very dodgey, one particular header that should of gone for a throw springs to mind and Faye was given a torrid time from McFadden.

Enrique will come good and Beye looks a good player both fullbacks would be even better with a class partnership in the middle and some creative midfielders to give and receive the ball from.

There is obviously a lack of overall quality in the side but it is what we are stuck with until the summer, we must all get behind Keegan and the team until the end of the season because relegation would be a total disaster.

I think we should just start again in midfield. Clear them all out.

PS - For all the idiots who said Faye was the best defender at the club, hes easily the worst! Bramble No2

You're king of the kneejerkers.

PS - For all the idiots who said Faye was the best defender at the club, hes easily the worst! Bramble No2

:(

As far as people on here are concerned you're only as good as your last game.

13 games without a win means they've all been pretty shit for a few months like.

Faye wasn't good last night, but to put him in the Bramble bracket is harsh. He will regain his form eventually, plus I always feel he's the most dangerous threat we've got at corners and set-pieces. I don't think any of our defenders would have handled McFadden last night to be honest, he looked a threat everytime they got him on the ball.

You rate Steven Taylor so that says it all.

I think we should just start again in midfield. Clear them all out.

In the first half the lack of any creativity or even just moving forward from the midfield was amazing. I don't think that they all need to be shifted so much as just not allowed to play together (ever). We're in dire need of some attacking/creative/passing midfielders.... it's a bit scary to think of how much we're missing even the likes of Dyer (not that he'd be fit of course).

Had a bit of the Steven Taylor's about him last night but i'd still prefer him at the back to anyone else at the club

What happened to duff last night? Not even on the bench

Finally Keegan sees sense.... he was easily our worst player when we played Liverpool.

Have to say like, I'm def worried now. The fact is, we're getting humped off any team in the top half half and can only draw with teams in the bottom half. Not exactly survival form.

Fulham will be a BIG test.

emp-phil-neal-940808-after-cov-city-sacking-3938-180x250.jpg

"A big, big test, boss"

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater