The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturridge only plays about 5 games a season. Cairneys 25 and has only had one decent season in his career and Wilson only scores penalties. No thanks to those 3.

Gray is no more established in the top flight than Gayle either tbh.

I didn't realise we were in a position to be turning our noses up at the likes of Sturridge

Vastly over rated players made of glass? Yeah we're definitely in a position to turn our noses up at that.

We aren't going up with a squad packed with quality. We need to make sure that the money we do have to spend is targeted at players we know are likely to be up to playing 30+ league games next season and that rules out the likes of Carroll and Sturridge.

The Fish dismissing the Gylfi link on RTG because he'd have options like Stoke and Everton. Fucking Stoke?

Where are Stoke in the Premier League? Where are we? Where are Stoke likely to finish next year, where are we?

Where are Stoke in the Premier League? Where are we? Where are Stoke likely to finish next year, where are we?

What's your point? I'd rather sign for Man Utd than Spurs. I'd rather sign for West Ham than West Brom. You're just on there overcompensating in attempt to not be labelled the stereotypical deluded mag aren't you? Stoke ffs

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

What's your point? I'd rather sign for Man Utd than Spurs. I'd rather sign for West Ham than West Brom. You're just on there overcompensating in attempt to not be labelled the stereotypical deluded mag aren't you? Stoke ffs

My point? My point is pretty obvious, Sigurdsson is more likely to sign for Stoke who've an outside chance of playing in Europe ahead of us when we've got an outside chance of the top half. All things being equal he'd definitely prefer to play for us than Stoke, but things aren't equal and you need to manage your expectations.

No, I'm not overcompensating you big silly.

if ashley gets his wonga out i could see us being a more attractive destination for many players looking to play for a club with european ambitions. 

:glare: 

My point? My point is pretty obvious, Sigurdsson is more likely to sign for Stoke who've an outside chance of playing in Europe ahead of us when we've got an outside chance of the top half. All things being equal he'd definitely prefer to play for us than Stoke, but things aren't equal and you need to manage your expectations.

No, I'm not overcompensating you big silly.

They're 9th. Last year? 9th. Year before? 9th. Year before that? 9th.

They're playing at the top of their potential. We're on the up with Rafa Benitez managing us. I couldn't see any player choosing Stoke ahead of us

Oh and if you think Benitez is going to be content building a side that loses every other week and finishes lower mid table next season then you're wrong

I don't think he'll be content building a side that loses every week. But I don't think Gylfi Sigurdsson would choose newly promoted Newcastle United over established top half Stoke.

I mean, obvious such an out-there opinion is hugely controversial, so I can understand your opprobrium.

You're talking shit Fish.

Sure thing Parky, you'd know.

Park Life, on 22 Jan 2013 - 5:11 PM, said:

I really still can't believe he might play for us. This boy is legend stuff. Will be a French regular for years to come. Ashley will be quids in.

Did you also say we'd finish above Arsenal when Allardyce was in charge?