The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

*EDIT: More simply put, £1.2Bn between 20 clubs equates to an average wage bill of £60m in the top flight. Ashley seems intent on spending just over half that. Yo-yo's a go-go.

Chelsea and the Manchester teams contribute a lot to that average.

Arsenal is at 100 and Liverpool 80, but the highest paying teams after those (Aston Villa, Tottenham etc.) are at 50m

It's certainly viable to survive on 30m in the Premiership, many does so.

And if there aren't any more money at Newcastle then that's where the wages must be at the moment,

poor leadership would be to use more than the club can afford.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if there aren't any more money at Newcastle then that's where the wages must be at the moment,

Assuming that clubs don't operate at a loss we should easily be able to spend the equivalent of Aston Villa, Everton etc as we well and truly dwarf their numbers in terms of attendance.

Assuming that clubs don't operate at a loss we should easily be able to spend the equivalent of Aston Villa, Everton etc as we well and truly dwarf their numbers in terms of attendance.

Probably Everton but not necessarily Villa, they played 56 competitive games last season so their earnings in prize money, television money and extra ticket sales would probably outstrip our top line.

i pretty much forget transfer windows are even open or closed these days. a few years ago, i would be checking online and on ssn every day duriing the window to see if we'd signed anyone. now it's pretty much guaranteed we won't buy anyone, at least no one decent, so what's the point in getting your hopes up?

i pretty much forget transfer windows are even open or closed these days. a few years ago, i would be checking online and on ssn every day duriing the window to see if we'd signed anyone. now it's pretty much guaranteed we won't buy anyone, at least no one decent, so what's the point in getting your hopes up?

There's nowt as constant as you being a miserable fucker, is there Dan lad? :)

He's right though. :razz:

I agree. In years past, I'd be constantly be refreshing the SSN transfer centre page. Particularly on days when "a new signing was imminent!" but now, I just have no hope for anything. Look what youve done Mike Ashley.

“Mike will put the money in to help if Chris feels that it gives the club a better chance of returning to the Premier League"

Just to keep score, so far it's confirmed we've lost out on 4 players that Hughton wanted because of money (either our bid or our wage offer being too low).

Kilgallon, Beckford, Kuranyi & Perch.

With a bid accepted for Williamson, hopefully we can agree wages. Having spent most of his career in the third division he can't be demanding that much.

:)

I don't think we were after Kuranyi.

We tried for Beckford which took a while as Leeds kept increasing the price after he scored against Leeds and we had a back up plan of Harewood who broke his foot. So hopefully we are still looking at one more forward thinking player.

Kilgallon is now hopefully getting replaced by the pompy guy.

With Regards to Perch I'm not sure exactly were he plays if it’s CB then see above.

However I’m not saying that Mike has been helpful and willing in any of these deals.

i'm serious. they used to be exciting. they're so predictable now that there's no point in getting your hopes up is there?

Thing is like, we're thin on the ground and (even taking Taylor into account) we've been very fortunate with the lack of injuries so far this season. Looks like Mike's going to have one of his famous punts on us being equally lucky between now and mid-May.

I really do not think Kuranyi would have joined us like. Kilgallon I believe was holding out for a move to the prem.

We would've turned our nose up at him four years ago. 99% of players are possible in my view at an established Premiership Newcastle United. Amir Zaki is a legend in the Arab world, he's at Hull and played for Wigan.

I'd still turn my nose up at Kuranyi because he is rubbish and incredible dumb.

I give this story as much credence as the Schweinsteiger rumour anyway.

That Mario Gomez is the most over priced player I've seen in the history of football.

so we won't have him tomorrow and, depending on the time, we might not have him for leicester either?

my prediciton is looking more and more likely to come true