The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still turn my nose up at Kuranyi because he is rubbish and incredible dumb.

I give this story as much credence as the Schweinsteiger rumour anyway.

That Mario Gomez is the most over priced player I've seen in the history of football.

That's a bit rich tbh.

63 in 121 for stuttgart and so far 8 in 18 for bayern

but hes had a bad couple of internationals so stevies knows all about him

He was very bad though in those few games at the euros though. :)

That Mario Gomez is the most over priced player I've seen in the history of football.

Showing your ignorance here tbh

Then again, you also think Ibrahimovic is shit, so.....

63 in 121 for stuttgart and so far 8 in 18 for bayern

but hes had a bad couple of internationals so stevies knows all about him

Look at Luca Toni's goalscoring record at Bayern, he's pure shite as well, put them in a league that aint sub-standard and you'd see, this Gomez though takes the biscuit £25m for a bloke who can't dribble, can't trap a ball, has shit control and looks like a mug? Do one.

Yes Gomez is worth every penny of the £25m fee. I never said Ibrahimovic was shite, his form dropped massively when Messi was injured though, but he's been reasonably impressive in Spain in some games, some though when they need results and they're struggling he's trying these ridiculous flicks and looks so wank when they don't come off. The game against Villarreal he was dismal in particular, Terry Gibson is one of the most astute commentators going I think and when they beat Sevilla 4-0 he hit the nail on the head, the whole team was playing at 9/10 or 10/10 level, apart from him who was a 5/10 at best and he stuck out like a sore thumb. That said he's one of the top 20 strikers in Europe.

Yes Gomez is worth every penny of the £25m fee. I never said Ibrahimovic was shite, his form dropped massively when Messi was injured though, but he's been reasonably impressive in Spain in some games, some though when they need results and they're struggling he's trying these ridiculous flicks and looks so wank when they don't come off. The game against Villarreal he was dismal in particular, Terry Gibson is one of the most astute commentators going I think and when they beat Sevilla 4-0 he hit the nail on the head, the whole team was playing at 9/10 or 10/10 level, apart from him who was a 5/10 at best and he stuck out like a sore thumb. That said he's one of the top 20 strikers in Europe.

I always had a feeling he never scored enough goals. Probably all those 0-0 Sweden games. :)

If the German league is so poor ("sub-standard") how does it come that hardly any player who moves from the Bundesliga to the Premierleague turns out to be a flop?

It could never be Stevie talking out of his arse again...

If the German league is so poor ("sub-standard") how does it come that hardly any player who moves from the Bundesliga to the Premierleague turns out to be a flop?

What like Stefan Schnoor, Pizarro, Kevin "Prince" Boateng, and Nigel de Jong?? Because they're shite?

What like Stefan Schnoor, Pizarro, Kevin "Prince" Boateng, and Nigel de Jong?? Because they're shite?

Being shite hasn'T stopped them from being regulars for their teams though. Same applies for the likes of Rösler, Freund, Hamann, Babbel, Pienaar, Samba etc.

Or English teams actually paying those ridiculous fees for the likes of Boateng (or Nsereko). On the other hand the same does apply for all the overhyped and overpriced English "talents".

I'll leave you with that though. You are just a shite WUM and I am not bothered to respond any further to your priggish drivel (which I fear you actually do believe).

:)

Being shite hasn'T stopped them from being regulars for their teams though. Same applies for the likes of Rösler, Freund, Hamann, Babbel, Pienaar, Samba etc.

Or English teams actually paying those ridiculous fees for the likes of Boateng (or Nsereko). On the other hand the same does apply for all the overhyped and overpriced English "talents".

I'll leave you with that though. You are just a shite WUM and I am not bothered to respond any further to your priggish drivel (which I fear you actually do believe).

:razz:

So your point is so flawed you're having to go back 12 years, and even 16 years for Rosler, when the Premiership wasn't at the level it is now. Babbel, was ok, nothing more a steady defender nothing outstanding, yet a player who was at the echelons of German football. Ballack who was the best player in the league arguably struggled to make an impact in his first season here, his second he was excellent, but he's the best player to come from the Bundesliga and you still wouldn't put him in Chelsea's five best. Samba he's tall and good in the air, he's hardly John Terry though, a bargain at £400k granted. Freund a dour combative midfield player who was a very poor mans Gary Speed in a pig awful Spurs and relegated Leicester side, another winner of numerous German caps. Hardly Didier Drogba's, Fernando Torres' or Cristiano Ronaldo's are they? What about that full back Spurs signed, Redknapp had a look at him for 45 minutes and said he was the player he'd ever seen :) what was he called? Gilberto Melo or something, oh dear. I wouldn't care he was a key player for Hertha BSC.

As for being a shite WUM, what saying the Bundesliga is dire? It's worse than that, Ribery and Robben are wasting their careers, you won't reply because you don't have it in you to put a decent defence up as is illustrated above.

I really do not think Kuranyi would have joined us like. Kilgallon I believe was holding out for a move to the prem.

We would've turned our nose up at him four years ago. 99% of players are possible in my view at an established Premiership Newcastle United. Amir Zaki is a legend in the Arab world, he's at Hull and played for Wigan.

What are you talking about man? "Legend in the Arab world"...we're not talking about Sami al-Jaber here, it's Amr Zaki. He can't even get a game for Zamalek. :)

He keeps getting loaned to England because he's not professional enough - or good enough - to hold down a first-team spot even in Egypt ffs. Ever since he scored that massive goal in the CAN his head's been swollen to ridiculous proportions. Nothing can stop his ego now, not being too shit to even play one game in Russia, not his dismal second half of the season at Wigan, not his shite performances in Egypt's qualifying. As for his club, Zamalek don't want to play him, he's just a cash cow for him. They get loan fees in and they get his wages off the books, and maybe someone will even be dumb enough to exercise the option to buy.

Just wanted to let you know how ridiculously inaccurate that statement was. Maybe I should expand my advice for you from "stick to football" to "stick to English football." But I guess you've seen him score a couple for Wigan and now you think a) he's actually good and :razz: Egyptians think he's God, both of which are far from true.

I really do not think Kuranyi would have joined us like. Kilgallon I believe was holding out for a move to the prem.

We would've turned our nose up at him four years ago. 99% of players are possible in my view at an established Premiership Newcastle United. Amir Zaki is a legend in the Arab world, he's at Hull and played for Wigan.

What are you talking about man? "Legend in the Arab world"...we're not talking about Sami al-Jaber here, it's Amr Zaki. He can't even get a game for Zamalek. :)

He keeps getting loaned to England because he's not professional enough - or good enough - to hold down a first-team spot even in Egypt ffs. Ever since he scored that massive goal in the CAN his head's been swollen to ridiculous proportions. Nothing can stop his ego now, not being too shit to even play one game in Russia, not his dismal second half of the season at Wigan, not his shite performances in Egypt's qualifying. As for his club, Zamalek don't want to play him, he's just a cash cow for him. They get loan fees in and they get his wages off the books, and maybe someone will even be dumb enough to exercise the option to buy.

Just wanted to let you know how ridiculously inaccurate that statement was. Maybe I should expand my advice for you from "stick to football" to "stick to English football." But I guess you've seen him score a couple for Wigan and now you think a) he's actually good and :razz: Egyptians think he's God, both of which are far from true.

We can have hope for stevie though since hes just posted this in the "5 things..." thread

*snip* Moral of the story is don't comment unless you know all the facts from all angles.

We can have hope for stevie though since hes just posted this in the "5 things..." thread

*snip* Moral of the story is don't comment unless you know all the facts from all angles.

There is an Egyptian in my company who described him as a legend for some of his performances for Egypt, which is why I described him as such, and give his age, and the fact he's the fifth all time top scorer he can't be far off such status. Obviously his attitude is wank, but the reason he can't get a game for Zamalek as he puts is his daughters been seriously ill and he's been injured. He's not at the ANC for the same reasons, and given the fact he was called up to the for Egypt's most important game in 20 years against Algeria, it adds weight to the fact the lad above is talking wank. Have a read of the stuff on www.bigsoccer.com one of the biggest boards on the net of any topic, most of them are yank talking about football and truly they don't have a clue. Someone wrote a 5 pages thesis on why Australia deserves to host the 2018 WC above all other nations, and claimed they had the best infrastructure, what 2000 miles between some stadiums? People from non footballing nations, arrogant as it may seem, the overwhelming majority have a distorted view of footballing reality, and a deluded view of their nations position in the pecking order. We live in a football obsessed society, if you don't live in one, the actual culture, knowledge and understanding of the game, and even the passion can not even begin to be matched, particularly somewhere like America.

Edited by Stevie

“We don’t envisage anyone leaving in January because we want to make sure Chris has the players he needs to get us back up. Chris has given us things to work on in January in terms of signing players – and we are trying to make those things happen. We will have to see, but we want to help and Mike will put the money in to help if Chris feels that it gives the club a better chance of returning to the Premier League"

18 days in. 13 days to go.

Players in: 0

Players out: 2 (Khizanishvili, Harewood)

Looking better...

27 days in. 6 days to go.

Players in: 2 (Routledge, Williamson)

Players out: 2 (Khizanishvili, Harewood)

While the outgoing have been replaced with (apparently) better quality, we're still basically where we were a month ago in terms of depth.

i pretty much forget transfer windows are even open or closed these days. a few years ago, i would be checking online and on ssn every day duriing the window to see if we'd signed anyone. now it's pretty much guaranteed we won't buy anyone, at least no one decent, so what's the point in getting your hopes up?

How you feeling now?

31 days in.

7.5 hours to go.

Players in: 4 (Routledge, Williamson, Hall, Van Aanholt)

Players out: 3 (Khizanishvili, Harewood, Geremi)

Is it safe to say the window as it stands has led to an overall salary drop for the fat man? I'd say so.

31 days in.

7.5 hours to go.

Players in: 4 (Routledge, Williamson, Hall, Van Aanholt)

Players out: 3 (Khizanishvili, Harewood, Geremi)

Is it safe to say the window as it stands has led to an overall salary drop for the fat man? I'd say so.

I'm still expecting us to sell another player, someone on big wages like Colo.