Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Ideally Milner should be replaced with a better player, but I think there are other positions where the lack in depth is more worrying. N'Zogbia and Jonas would be my first choice wingers anyway with the likes of Duff, Geremi and Lua Lua at least providing some sort of backup options.

Midfield we do have sorta some numbers ( i guess 5 isnt alot ) but i think mainly its quality. lualua is unproven and lacks experience where n'zogbia has been unconvincing of late. duff has been performing well of late but he is very injury prone.

:lol:

Ideally Milner should be replaced with a better player, but I think there are other positions where the lack in depth is more worrying. N'Zogbia and Jonas would be my first choice wingers anyway with the likes of Duff, Geremi and Lua Lua at least providing some sort of backup options.

Midfield we do have sorta some numbers ( i guess 5 isnt alot ) but i think mainly its quality. lualua is unproven and lacks experience where n'zogbia has been unconvincing of late. duff has been performing well of late but he is very injury prone.

What?!

We'll buy a player twice as good with the Milner money. Infact this deal couldn't have come at a better time. :lol:

What?!

I'm not convinced Duff has been playing well of late. Same old, same old from him. Friendlies don't count as far as I'm concerned.

£12m??? :lol:

Tough call on what was better business, this or the £13m we got for Woodgate :lol:

This by a mile. Woodgate is arguably one of the best centre backs in Europe but his injuries were a pisser, Milner is average as fuck :)

Tough call on what was better business, this or the £13m we got for Woodgate :lol:

This by a mile. Woodgate is arguably one of the best centre backs in Europe but his injuries were a pisser, Milner is average as fuck :)

The Milner deal will be laughed about for years to come. :D

12 Million is silly silly money for Milner (worth about 6-7 maybe).

next time I see Martin I'm going to personally thank him.

The deal was structured by MVB apparently. Again, if it needed showing what a diamond the man is. :lol:

Agreed but at the time didn't we all say that we'd never mug another club as much as we did Real Madrid when we flogged them Woody?? :D

Agreed but at the time didn't we all say that we'd never mug another club as much as we did Real Madrid when we flogged them Woody?? :D

We might yet mug someone with Shooola. :)

12 Million is silly silly money for Milner (worth about 6-7 maybe).

next time I see Martin I'm going to personally thank him.

The deal was structured by MVB apparently. Again, if it needed showing what a diamond the man is. :lol:

You think like last time we'll be "pleasantly surprised" when the club uses the money to bid a daft amount for a young talent?

Bates always claims that it was unfair to give them the 15 point penalty as the debts were brought on by the previous board. Considering we bought Milner from the previous board, perhaps Leeds' cut of the transfer fee should go to their creditors :lol:

Bates always claims that it was unfair to give them the 15 point penalty as the debts were brought on by the previous board. Considering we bought Milner from the previous board, perhaps Leeds' cut of the transfer fee should go to their creditors :lol:

Now that would be class... :lol:

it's still a decrnt profit on a player that never really fulfilled his potential. he still could like, but i don't think he'll ever do it as a wide player.

he must be replaced though - that's essential. i think we needed three players. now we need four if milner goes.

It's ok, we've still got Shola as cover.

thank christ. i'll sleep easy tonight

Well, last summer you were saying you were happy with him being 3rd or 4th choice striker. Glad you've wised-up though.

i was but he's hardly played or scored a goal since then so i wouldn't lose any sleep if he were replaced. at the time i was saying that he was as good a 4th choice striker as alan smith, so why splash out that much on smudger? people here were saying smith was a good buy - you included. i knew from day dot that he was no better than shola. shola's still no worse than alan smith mind. i'd get rid of both of them if we could. shola's had enough chances now for me and smith was obvioulsy never good enough

Tbf, I said Smith was good cover and expensive but better than we had as cover, i.e. Shola. Which is why I brought it up. You actually said you'd be happy with him as 3rd or 4th striker btw.

i have always been as happy with shola as smith as a 3-4th choice striker because that's what they are - back up players at best. that's why i could never understand the point in signing smith, as we already had a pool of strikers and he wasn't better than any of them, plus we paid £6m and a massive weekly wage on him. madness.

i'd get rid of both now if we could guarantee that we would replace them with better players. smith's always been poor and shola's had enough chances for me now and hasn't done himself any favours by lack of appearances and performances when he has been fit in the last 18 months or so.

it's still a decrnt profit on a player that never really fulfilled his potential. he still could like, but i don't think he'll ever do it as a wide player.

he must be replaced though - that's essential. i think we needed three players. now we need four if milner goes.

It's ok, we've still got Shola as cover.

thank christ. i'll sleep easy tonight

Well, last summer you were saying you were happy with him being 3rd or 4th choice striker. Glad you've wised-up though.

i was but he's hardly played or scored a goal since then so i wouldn't lose any sleep if he were replaced. at the time i was saying that he was as good a 4th choice striker as alan smith, so why splash out that much on smudger? people here were saying smith was a good buy - you included. i knew from day dot that he was no better than shola. shola's still no worse than alan smith mind. i'd get rid of both of them if we could. shola's had enough chances now for me and smith was obvioulsy never good enough

Tbf, I said Smith was good cover and expensive but better than we had as cover, i.e. Shola. Which is why I brought it up. You actually said you'd be happy with him as 3rd or 4th striker btw.

i have always been as happy with shola as smith as a 3-4th choice striker because that's what they are - back up players at best. that's why i could never understand the point in signing smith, as we already had a pool of strikers and he wasn't better than any of them, plus we paid £6m and a massive weekly wage on him. madness.

i'd get rid of both now if we could guarantee that we would replace them with better players. smith's always been poor and shola's had enough chances for me now and hasn't done himself any favours by lack of appearances and performances when he has been fit in the last 18 months or so.

Keep digging.