Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

He sounds remarkably intelligent for a British coach. He would also need to get rid of these ideas of squad building and long term projects and get used to the concept of "can we flip this lad for a profit in 18 months time?"

My biggest hope is that he can get more out of the likes of Bigi, Abeid, Armstrong etc.

My biggest hope is that he can get more out of the likes of Bigi, Abeid, Armstrong etc.

I thought Armstrong was on the please leave the club now list, i remember being disappointed as he would have been one i'd have retained.

Glad to see that we look like we'll have someone to take our first training session for one thing but it's also nice to think that someone at the club is thinking a bit more outside of the box and not just looking to appoint people who are known to them. Hopefully he's a good coach!

Well this all seems positive. 3 back room staff done and dusted. Now for the players.

What's positive about having to go down to your fifth choice to make a coaching appointment? People out of work and with no experience at all turning us down?

Doesn't bode well for pulling out the stops and refusing to take no for an answer to secure our number one targets on the field does it?