Manchester United 1-1 Newcastle United

Happy Face

I'd like to see Jose at left-back though, Zog was constantly out of position.

Yup. Zog is an utter liability at LB..In the second half alone 3 of their breaks came directly from him doing something silly.

Took the words out of my mouth

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result. People complaining about duff when imo he wasnt that bad as he did work hard. If anything id have to say our worst player was Zog

2J was right about Duff, when it counts he doesn't take a man on. NOT ONCE DID HE TAKE HIS MAN ON. Working hard isn't really what the supplementary forward is all about. Owen back soon hopefully.

first impressions...

butt was good at destroying the game but couldn't pass unless it was to a red.

coloccini was excellent. read the game well and held the defence together.

guthrie used the ball well and mopped up the errors butt made.

oba scored but did not much else.

Jonas was our player of the game. worked very hard and commited players.

duff played a good tactical game.As did Milner.

bot the full backs wer ok and taylor did quite well.

Given was outstanding.

all in all 8/10.

good result.

first impressions...

butt was good at destroying the game but couldn't pass unless it was to a red.

coloccini was excellent. read the game well and held the defence together.

guthrie used the ball well and mopped up the errors butt made.

oba scored but did not much else.

Jonas was our player of the game. worked very hard and commited players.

duff played a good tactical game.As did Milner.

bot the full backs wer ok and taylor did quite well.

Given was outstanding.

all in all 8/10.

good result.

We really should look at getting a proper DM.

Zog shouldn't be left back... i know you could slate him for playing badly

but the lads not a fcking defender can't blame him for being bad when put there.

I'd play him ahead of milner tbh and let Jose do his stuff at left back

wait did Butt get motm?? you gotta be shitting me

Motm for me was Jonas, with shay a close 2nd

Duff was outta position but wasn't /that/ bad

Butt was worse, i lost count of how many times he played poor passes and that foul at the death... jesus

No positon to make a tackle, sticks his leg out on the edge of the box. Put him on a plane somewhere without a return ticket. :shades:

Jonas was fuckin quality, both going forward and tracking back.

Imagine a player like him on the other flank instead of Milner

Gutherie looked good

Butt needs replacing, Tiago will do thanks

Coloccini did OK considering its his first game

Oba`s goal was well taken pity he missed an easier one later

All in all a great result with loads of positives to take from it, I thought Duff was 10x the player he was last season

Lets see them wankers at the Sun write some shite about this then shall we

Yep, Zog was our worst player, but even he did some things well (going forward of course - he's not a defender). Duff was ok at times, but poor when he tried to hold the ball up. Someone of his size and strength is going to be easy pickings for any defender worth their salt when he tried to use his body to shield the ball. if that was Viduka in the same position we do even better today.

Jonas Gutierrez had a wonderful first game - from start to end.

I think we can all agree with Mike Riley's assessment:

thumbsupob7.jpg

To be fair I don't think the second one was easier. Damn hard to head a ball in the right direction when it's moving at pace from a standing start on the ground.

To be fair I don't think the second one was easier. Damn hard to head a ball in the right direction when it's moving at pace from a standing start on the ground.

I think he expected O'Shea to get the ball, caught him by surprise.

Like many, thought Jonas was superb and my motm. Hope he can keep that up. [9/10]

I thought Butt worked hard, broke play up well, but lost the ball in crucial area's a few too many times for me.[7/10]

Though Guthrie was steady, didnt look out of place at all and moved the ball well [7/10]

Milner I thought was ok. Was glad when guthrie started taking corners. Good to see Milner having a crack, but he needs to keep his shots down [6/10]

Colo I thought had a good game given he's had one training session with the team and his first game in the prem (shows just how good Jonas did) [6/10]

No one else out of the ordinary, though I thought Duff starting up front instead of Smith spoke volumes. Our bench was a bit weak mind and we do need those other few signings.

Peter parker done the job of two men today with the liability that is Zoggy at left back, overall though a great performance from all, excluding Butt, man of the match my arse.

If we bring another 3 or 4 signings in theres no reason why we can't get back into Europe on our first attempt if we continue to play like we did today, happy as fuck here.

Great result. Over the moon. Spidey is going to be fantastic for us this year. Guthrie looked nice and tidy and Coloccini quickly adapted and settled well. Duff wasn't great but no time to nitpick. A few more signings by the end of the window and we're laughing iyam. Hope we have a similar performance at the Emirates.

Great performance from everyone indeed, but I agree that Butt probably was the worst player today - he just gave away the ball too many times. But to be honest: After 60, 70 minutes I thought that a defeat would be a big disappointment as ManUre just wasn't dangerous enough.

Jonas & Gutierrez look to be good signings, and Guthrie was ok, he still can improve.

What will people moan about now? :good:
Well we're only 11th with only 37 games left this season, and that Man United team didn't have Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez playing. Sorry I'm not being a pessimist - I'm a "realist"...

:shades:

Your laughing, but how many papers will trot out the 'Man U under strength' line whilst conveniently forgetting we were missing Barton, Owen and Viduka who would probably all have started.

What will people moan about now? :good:
Well we're only 11th with only 37 games left this season, and that Man United team didn't have Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez playing. Sorry I'm not being a pessimist - I'm a "realist"...

:shades:

Your laughing, but how many papers will trot out the 'Man U under strength' line whilst conveniently forgetting we were missing Barton, Owen and Viduka who would probably all have started.

Been saying that on FiveLive already without making reference to our missing players.

At last, a performance to be proud of at Old Trafford. What were those arrogant manc cunts singing at SJP last time?

'Hello, Hello, Keegan is back! Keegan is back!' He certainly is.

Butt was disappointing, his passing was shocking. Guthrie looked very tidy. Zoggy didn't look at all comfortable defensively.

Spiderman was superb. If that is anything to go by, we've got ourselves a top notch player.

We need a cm of class, similarly with LB. Enrique isn't up to it YET but for feck sake, N'zogbia made Bramble look class. The rest of the team played well, apart from Duff's marking. Half the time he was pointing at others to do the same.