Other drivers

Renton

I reckon I could post something in here every day from something someone has done. Todays would be people who just have no road awareness. Like sitting to turn right when oncoming traffic is also, but not letting people in the junction also trying to turn right come out.

People who refuse to merge in turn and sit as close to the person in front.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twats who zoom up behind you on a duel carrigeway then flash their lights for you to move. That's always my cue to slow down and raise the middle finger out the back window. Wankers

Depends. If you're sat in the outside lane and there's fuck all in lane 1 then I'm siding with them rather than you - too many people are doing that these days.

Course if you're overtaking something and going a reasonable speed then you're quite within your rights to proceed as you've explained :lol:

This.

If you're in the process of overtaking; fair enough, if you're not; get out of the fucking way.

Twats who zoom up behind you on a duel carrigeway then flash their lights for you to move. That's always my cue to slow down and raise the middle finger out the back window. Wankers

Depends. If you're sat in the outside lane and there's fuck all in lane 1 then I'm siding with them rather than you - too many people are doing that these days.

Course if you're overtaking something and going a reasonable speed then you're quite within your rights to proceed as you've explained :razz:

BMW drivers who never use their indicators

The least of the issues where BMW drivers are concerned surely? :lol:

Indeed that's a real fucking irritation for me, the hill section of the m2 on the way home, 3 lanes and there is always some spastics in the outside and middle lanes doing 50 because they can't get whatever heap they're in to go quick up the hill, with the slow lane empty holding everyone up.

I was driving back from the Lakes on the A69 on Sunday which to those who don't know is a horrible road - one lane except for short sections of crawler lanes for most its length. Overtaking is difficult because it is winding and up and down, and the opposite lane is usually very busy. Anyway, I was behind an HGV and a crappy Fiat Punto overloaded with five people when we got to the first dualed section for 20 miles. Trouble is, it's uphill. The Punto pulls out and tries to pass the HGV, but can't because its underpowered. So I'm stuck behind this piece of crap as it drives parallel to the HGV, with a huge jam behind me. At the last minute, as the lanes converge again, it just gets ahead of the HGV whilst I have to fall back behind it.

I swear to God if thoughts could kill then the driver of the Punto will be dead of bad aids and brain cancer within a year.

All will have been mentioned anyway, but my personal gripes..

What NJS has just said.

People who don't indicate. Especially at roundabouts, and if it's when they're pulling out of a parking space on a main road.

People who drive stupidly fast in a 30 but equally people who drive stupidly fucking slow when they really should get thier foot down.

People who tailgate but then refuse to overtake when it is perfectly safe and legal to do so and carry on drving up your arse. Pricks.

Edited by WubbleUC

All will have been mentioned anyway, but my personal gripes..

What NJS has just said.

People who don't indicate. Especially at roundabouts, and if it's when they're pulling out of a parking space on a main road.

People who drive stupidly fast in a 30 but equally people who drive stupidly fucking slow when they really should get thier foot down.

People who tailgate but then refuse to overtake when it is perfectly safe and legal to do so and carry on drving up your arse. Pricks.

Spot on with all of them like.

The junction one is amplified ten-fold if its a traffic light controlled junction - there's one on my daily drive where I join a main road with light and the number of people who brake to take a simple right turn on green is criminal.

Inconsiderate Bastards who don't indicate at busy roundabouts. You all know the score, there's a gap with one car in it but tough shit, he's going straight on, you can't move, but at the last second he turns without indicating, leaving you stuck there as the other traffic have caught up. An indicator being put on and you were away. I FUCKING HATE THESE BASTARDS WHO DO THIS!!!! Grrrrrrr. :D

Old people who can hardly walk let alone drive. You see these doddery old cunts takes em ten minutes to walk from the shop to their car then off they go, oblivious to everything. They should have to do some kind of competancy test every year from being 70.

I was driving into town last week, clear road doing 30mph when about 100 yards at a junction I spot an old girl and her even older hubby in their honda jazz(the chosen car of the doddery old bastards)so I slowed down. Good job I did as she just pulled out without even a glance to the right. As she accelerated to her maximum speed of 25mph(in a 50 zone) I overtook,gave her a toot and and a finger and I was on my way

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

Old people who can hardly walk let alone drive. You see these doddery old cunts takes em ten minutes to walk from the shop to their car then off they go, oblivious to everything. They should have to do some kind of competancy test every year from being 70.

I was driving into town last week, clear road doing 30mph when about 100 yards at a junction I spot an old girl and her even older hubby in their honda jazz(the chosen car of the doddery old bastards)so I slowed down. Good job I did as she just pulled out without even a glance to the right. As she accelerated to her maximum speed of 25mph(in a 50 zone) I overtook,gave her a toot and and a finger and I was on my way

Spain has a compulsory annual eye test & medical for all drivers over 70 (might even be over 60 thinking about it). That's one law I wouldn't mind the EU implementing Europe-wide. I was behind one recently who clearly didn't know what exit they needed off a junction, realised too late and shot across two lanes of traffic and went up the kerb to make it.

Failure to indicate - ought to be punishable by the removal of the little finger on the corresponding hand.

Will serve as a handy reminder in future turning situations.

Work your way inwards for repeat offenders.

Basically most drivers are shit apart from Taxi drivers.

This is not bias, its a fact that is clear as day to most professional drivers.

We earn our living 8 or 9 hours a day in and out of busy traffic, watching out for hazards, spotting danger long before it occurs. We have cat like instincts that can not be explained to mere boys, but are gleaned from hours of professional driving.

Only this sort of intense driving at all times of day and night, with hazards both inside and outside of the car, can the art of driving truly be appreciated.

Martial arts of the roads tbf.

People's general intolerance and resulting hostility of having to wait for even a second really gets on my nerves. My road is a side street off a main road just before a selection of shops, cafes etc. There are nearly always cars parked on the main road either side of my street, which is also slightly uphill towards the junction. Because of this, if you wait at the junction line it is virtually impossible to see traffic, especially from the right, so I edge slowly out. Cars should be slowing down anyway as they approach the shopping area, but if one of them has to let you out it's usually with an angry glare, or in the case of one middle aged cunt in fucking 4 by 4, extending their middle finger (fuck off you pseudo American wanker).

People who don't let cars out of junctions are selfish, ignorant, I'm-alright-Jack scum.

Course if you're overtaking something and going a reasonable speed then you're quite within your rights to proceed as you've explained :icon_lol:

The least of the issues where BMW drivers are concerned surely? :D

Indeed that's a real fucking irritation for me, the hill section of the m2 on the way home, 3 lanes and there is always some spastics in the outside and middle lanes doing 50 because they can't get whatever heap they're in to go quick up the hill, with the slow lane empty holding everyone up.

I was driving back from the Lakes on the A69 on Sunday which to those who don't know is a horrible road - one lane except for short sections of crawler lanes for most its length. Overtaking is difficult because it is winding and up and down, and the opposite lane is usually very busy. Anyway, I was behind an HGV and a crappy Fiat Punto overloaded with five people when we got to the first dualed section for 20 miles. Trouble is, it's uphill. The Punto pulls out and tries to pass the HGV, but can't because its underpowered. So I'm stuck behind this piece of crap as it drives parallel to the HGV, with a huge jam behind me. At the last minute, as the lanes converge again, it just gets ahead of the HGV whilst I have to fall back behind it.

I swear to God if thoughts could kill then the driver of the Punto will be dead of bad aids and brain cancer within a year.

Should have whipped your top off, pulled up alongside him at the next dual carriageway, opened the window and shouted "HEY! BIG BOY! THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET FUCKING UGLY FOR YOU MY FRIEND! NEXT LAYBY. YOU AND ME SUNSHINE. DONE!"

Course if you're overtaking something and going a reasonable speed then you're quite within your rights to proceed as you've explained :icon_lol:

The least of the issues where BMW drivers are concerned surely? :D

Should have whipped your top off, pulled up alongside him at the next dual carriageway, opened the window and shouted "HEY! BIG BOY! THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET FUCKING UGLY FOR YOU MY FRIEND! NEXT LAYBY. YOU AND ME SUNSHINE. DONE!"

The other car had five people in it, wouldn't have fancied Renty's chances.

I was sorely tempted to chase down that wanker I mentioned above and give him :icon_lol: a piece of my mind :icon_lol:.