iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped into the Apple Store on Regent Street last year. What a bunch of smug wrongly arrogant pack of cunts.

I've never been to an Apple Store where they are any different !!! :lol:

as for the name genius......

I popped into the Apple Store on Regent Street last year. What a bunch of smug wrongly arrogant pack of cunts.

I've never been to an Apple Store where they are any different !!! :lol:

Same. The one in Liverpool is fucking terrible.

Just got this sent through in a press release

In celebration of the Year of the Tiger, Rockstar Games is happy to announce a Special Price Promotion for Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the iPhone and iPod touch. Starting Friday, February 12 until 11:59pm (EST) Sunday, February 14, one of the highest rated handheld games will be 30% off in the iTunes App Store.

Just got this sent through in a press release

In celebration of the Year of the Tiger, Rockstar Games is happy to announce a Special Price Promotion for Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the iPhone and iPod touch. Starting Friday, February 12 until 11:59pm (EST) Sunday, February 14, one of the highest rated handheld games will be 30% off in the iTunes App Store.

Was already at a decent price IMO, but another price cut might just tempt me to get it for my touch.

Only ever been into the Apple store in Manchester to use the internet when I've wanted to look something up, they tell you to piss off after 10 minutes but they're more than happy for people to check their emails etc. Won't need to do this ever again when my iphone arrives I guess.

• 1 month later...
Surprised none of the regulars have mentioned this (unless I missed it) but apparently IPhone have demonstrated version os 4 today.

Heres a link Ive found but I'll see if theres any overview of new features anywhere.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/live-fr...t&refresh=0

:angry: cant wait

By the way, this iAd thing sounds shit. What the fuck does your average person want an app that facilitates intrusive advertising on their fucking phone for?

Edited by Gemmill

By the way, this iAd thing sounds shit. What the fuck does your average person want an app that facilitates intrusive advertising on their fucking phone for?

Most games apps have advertising already. Jobs reckons its to fund the app community as they will take the revenue meaning more app companies and low prices.

Their idea is to try and remove the need for search by providing apps that generate content you want (e.g. Aroundme, News apps etc). Google are driving their business on advertising through search, Apple want to drive ads through apps that circumvent the need for search. There has been quite a fuss about all this recently and the FTC have got involved with Googles gazumping of Apple's purchase of a Silicon valley digital advertising company.

I read about all this on my New York Times app this morning on the way to work.

OS.4 will have something called iAds in it. This is the beginning of the war between Apple and Google.

I thought that said iAids. :angry:

Due an update on my phone, and because the iPhone is so beautiful compared to the competition, I've decided to join the Cult of Jobs (and that new Apple store certainly looks like a temple with about two dozen blue shirted acolytes). I'm setting it up now - not keen on being forced to install iTunes mind.