iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I say that HF? One of my professional interests is business analysis, I like the Apple business model not the Google one. So does the rest of the world, the app issue is not considered stock price relevant and hasn't been for a reason.

Where did I say that HF? One of my professional interests is business analysis, I like the Apple business model not the Google one. So does the rest of the world, the app issue is not considered stock price relevant and hasn't been for a reason.

This is utter rubbish Chez and deep in the night when you've already done your 5 fags you know it.

It's rather much more about product placement, building interest and learnt behaviour.

You wouldnt even know what a P/E ratio is without googling it, you think an earnings call is ringing someone about a job. But never mind that, the post you just said was utter rubbish merely says the stock market prefers Apple to Google and the price reflects that. Those are facts not opinions. Tit.

You wouldnt even know what a P/E ratio is without googling it, you think an earnings call is ringing someone about a job. But never mind that, the post you just said was utter rubbish merely says the stock market prefers Apple to Google and the price reflects that. Those are facts not opinions. Tit.

I'd like to see some honesty from you and less of this market speak. The realationship apple cultivate is emotional, it's about abstract goals that befuddle joeiphone with vacous quasi-inspirational claptrap. In a society where social bonds have broken down - the youth club, the pub, the working mans club, the desimation of the library culture - people cling to thier i proucucts like the overmother. YOU of all know this.

Edited by Park Life

You pick some strange things to brag about.

The market prefers Sony and Transformers 3 over film 4 and une prophete. Maccy d's and coke over greggs and Newcastle brown. Let's not worship at the altar of popularity and high finance over what we know to be true in our heart.

The market prefers Sony and Transformers 3 over film 4 and une prophete. Maccy d's and coke over greggs and Newcastle brown. Let's not worship at the altar of popularity and high finance over what we know to be true in our heart.

A reckoning is coming.

Don't worry your purty little head about it but Renton reckoned Apple were finished so since then I've been putting forward arguments why the business is solid. Only Gemmill on here has Google Play but what he failed to mention is the cost of the VPN required to get the US service. It's an interesting topic for the music fan and having seen the stuff you listen to I wouldn't really class you as an interested party. That part of the debate was interesting and informative I thought. As I've not passed comment on the iPhone 5, not claimed Apple make better products than Samsung etc this would be another example of where people suffer from the attention deficit engendered by the very devices being discussed. I own a 4s and am happy with it but that is separate from the real interesting debate in the modern technology sector. Apple v Google, Open v Closed, uniform v fragmented, secure v virus etc.

I held the iPhone5 today and could barely suppress a giggle. It looks and feels really odd, it's a botch job. I'm reminded of the emperors new clothes more than anything else. Thing is ultimately the iPhone is probably more of a girls phone anyway but I really can't see this limo stretch version appealing to that many lasses. Mrs Rents has decided to stick with her 4s despite getting a free upgrade through work.

I held the iPhone5 today and could barely suppress a giggle. It looks and feels really odd, it's a botch job. I'm reminded of the emperors new clothes more than anything else. Thing is ultimately the iPhone is probably more of a girls phone anyway but I really can't see this limo stretch version appealing to that many lasses. Mrs Rents has decided to stick with her 4s despite getting a free upgrade through work.

I've always seen the s2 (although not the s3) as a girls phone, as girls do either seem to have that or an iPhone. Shame because blackberry were always known as THE girls phone, now they're up the shitter it's a finer line.

Don't worry your purty little head about it but Renton reckoned Apple were finished so since then I've been putting forward arguments why the business is solid. Only Gemmill on here has Google Play but what he failed to mention is the cost of the VPN required to get the US service. It's an interesting topic for the music fan and having seen the stuff you listen to I wouldn't really class you as an interested party. That part of the debate was interesting and informative I thought. As I've not passed comment on the iPhone 5, not claimed Apple make better products than Samsung etc this would be another example of where people suffer from the attention deficit engendered by the very devices being discussed. I own a 4s and am happy with it but that is separate from the real interesting debate in the modern technology sector. Apple v Google, Open v Closed, uniform v fragmented, secure v virus etc.

Clearly they're not finished but I personally think they've peaked and without Jobs who knows? Interesting you prefer the closed model over open. I'd argue the former hampers creativity and innovation and this is starting to show. Also historically haven't open models usually won out? PC windows bs Mac, VCR vs Betamax? Also uniform - a bit boring everyone having the same phone don't you think. Ubiquity can be a bad thing.

No, I think it's proportionately more popular with women, possibly because it's thought to be easier to use and women tend to pay a premium for brands. And they have little hands. I haven't seen the demographic data so I might be wrong. ;)

Not many women turn down an extra couple of inches!

Clearly they're not finished but I personally think they've peaked and without Jobs who knows? Interesting you prefer the closed model over open. I'd argue the former hampers creativity and innovation and this is starting to show. Also historically haven't open models usually won out? PC windows bs Mac, VCR vs Betamax? Also uniform - a bit boring everyone having the same phone don't you think. Ubiquity can be a bad thing.

I don't think there has been an analogous situation historically. It's not a question of preference, just which one is likely to succeed in the long term. Tech companies can rise and fall quickly (remember who was at the top of the dot com bubble?) so being positioned to survive as the market adapts is everything. Google's issue is the loss of a search advertising business model as we move towards app based online activity. Apple anticipated and cracked it with a massice app store, like they did with the fall of the iPod (iPhone) and potentially the laptop (iPad). That's good business imo.

I don't think there has been an analogous situation historically. It's not a question of preference, just which one is likely to succeed in the long term. Tech companies can rise and fall quickly (remember who was at the top of the dot com bubble?) so being positioned to survive as the market adapts is everything. Google's issue is the loss of a search advertising business model as we move towards app based online activity. Apple anticipated and cracked it with a massice app store, like they did with the fall of the iPod (iPhone) and potentially the laptop (iPad). That's good business imo.

Jobs was behind all those moves. Now he's gone, who's going to think what the next thing is? The App store alone isn't reason enough to stay with Apple at present (not for me anyway) and who knows what the future will be. iOS is looking ancient now and Apple seem to be reluctant to innovate - who wants to look at the same screen for 5 years? There'll be no significant overhaul for at least 2 years now making it SEVEN years!

Who would have predicted Nokia's demise before the iPhone came along? I think you're guilty of forgetting history, it's ridiculous to dismiss it because its not exactly analogous.

Anyway, I've been looking and decided most phone contracts are a rip off. I'm buying a OneX outright tomorrow and sticking with my O2 simplicity one month rolling contract. Less expensive and absolutely no tie ins whatsoever, without the bampishness of pay as you go. ;)