Ashley: club is not for sale

smoggeordie

Well lets see what the future brings, Im not happy about the thought of him staying but at the moment this club needs stability. He now has no excuse not to invest in the transfer market.

As for the timing well hes a cunt. Only two things can come of this, either any protests are muted or the day is ruined and he can claim we're all bastards because we didnt even observe the SBR day.

I do hate the bloke with a passion.

What I was going to say. Actions speak louder than words, Ashley, so let's see some action during Jan.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet this was what he planned already when he "put the club up for sale", cynical bastard.

MAYBE he said this when the transfer window opens because hes got some cracking deals going, im not holding my breath tho, and i suppose he'll give jfk a 9 year contract now since hes the best manager in the world.

The best scenario would be for the club to be sold.

The worst scenario would be to continue in limbo with Ashley unable to sell and unwilling to commit to the club.

The next best scenario would be for Ashley to admit the error of his ways and commit to take the club forward

Time will tell which of those scenarios Ashley actually takes.

The next best scenario would be for Ashley to admit the error of his ways and commit to take the club forward

Unfortunately I suspect his version of taking the club forward will be to continue to recruit promising youngsters to the academy and neglect the first team. And give the Fuckin' Fuckster a longer contract to demonstrate his relegation beating prowess while the better/higher paid players leave. Hope I'm wrong.

The timing is because it's the last game before the new year, and before the window opens. I suspect he's hoping that fans will take it positively rather than it being any attempt to sabotage SBR day.

Given that we can't sell the club, the owner wanting to commit is the best we could have hoped for. I don't know why people are going so daft about it. Would you rather he stayed silent, "kept his powder dry", and we all watched the club sink? Let's see what happens in January.

The timing is because it's the last game before the new year, and before the window opens. I suspect he's hoping that fans will take it positively rather than it being any attempt to sabotage SBR day.

Given that we can't sell the club, the owner wanting to commit is the best we could have hoped for. I don't know why people are going so daft about it. Would you rather he stayed silent, "kept his powder dry", and we all watched the club sink? Let's see what happens in January.

Is that like the first time he was committed to the club and made a total and utter balls up of it?

I don't know, Ant. Neither do you.

The problem is, I don't believe anything that slimy cunt says anymore. I take any PR guff about commitment and driving the club forward with a ma-hoo-sive pinch of salt.

The problem is, I don't believe anything that slimy cunt says anymore. I take any PR guff about commitment and driving the club forward with a ma-hoo-sive pinch of salt.

Yeah it's not like I'm made up at the news or anything, but I'd rather have him focused on the task than not, given that he's going to be owner for the forseeable future.

Yeah it's not like I'm made up at the news or anything, but I'd rather have him focused on the task than not, given that he's going to be owner for the forseeable future.

That's the thing- he is going to be the owner for the foreseeable future. But only because of the economic climate, not out of any commitment or desire to see NUFC prosper.

Mike Ashley, Owner of Newcastle United Football Club, today announced that the football club has been taken off the market. Speaking in the club's match day magazine he announced today's news and that he was committing to the club as its Owner.

The club had retained Keith Harris from Seymour Pierce to look at interested parties and there has been considerable interest over the last two months. However, Mike Ashley has decided to end the current uncertainty now to allow the club to continue to progress under the new management team led by Joe Kinnear.

Mike Ashley, Owner of Newcastle Footballl Club, said:

"I am unhappy that no bugger will buy this fucking football club.

"I know just how important it is to me that I sell it for a juicy profit.

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, unless a decent offer comes, and of course we will still be hawking the club to anyone that gives an interested sniff, for me 2009 will be the year in which I pretend things are rosy and hope things pick up so I can make a decent profit

"When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in the September just after I bought it, I made a point of saying two things were very important.

"Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had loads of dosh at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be able to pay my asking price before I would even consider doing a deal.

"And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run like Zimbabwe at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge."

:unsure:

I can see what he's trying to do, but just how daft does he think people are? Even if he pulls the wool over most fans eyes, players and managers are another kettle of fish.

Welcome back Mike, you really have won the battle for hearts and minds. So considerate of you to clear up any uncertainty for us and as for seeking worthy custodians, well I don't know why you don't just look in the mirror Mike?

All you need to do now is give JK £2 million so he can buy three or four promising Conference/Bolivian players and instruct him to sell anyone in the first team who will raise £4 million or more. Then you can worthily custode that cash for the great club too.

One thing though, how can you be so sure your text message gets to Joe before anyone elses?

Ashley's to do list if he wants to be accepted back by the fans....

-Sack Wise and do away with the 'structure'

-Open a dialogue with the fans and/or bring in chairman who will talk to them

-Spend money on the squad

-Start a serious search for a new manager to replace JFK

-Never wear that fucking replica shirt again

Any i've missed?

Any i've missed?

Stop using the tabloids for PR?

Any i've missed?

Needs to be sent to the club that, especially the sack Wise and Llambias bit - until they go he'll never be accepted.

I'm not so desperate to see the back of Wise, I cannot see what he has done wrong, they structure of management was wrong with Keegan not being in control of transfers, but that was Ashley's doing rather than Wise's, Wise can probably be credited with the signings of Jonas, Bassong, Coloccini, although we can drop the names of Xisco and Nacho in there too, but either way, some of the recruitment does deserve praise.

Ashley launched a £134.4m takeover of the club in May last year and has since invested around a further £100m in servicing the club's debt and attempting to strengthen the playing squad by weakening the squad, a new and exciting model of thought.

I like how this bit has changed over time too. :unsure:

It's paid off.

No, it's just serviced.

No, no, we owe more than ever! :icon_lol:

Edited by Fop

Welcome back Mike, you really have won the battle for hearts and minds. So considerate of you to clear up any uncertainty for us and as for seeking worthy custodians, well I don't know why you don't just look in the mirror Mike?

All you need to do now is give JK £2 million so he can buy three or four promising Conference/Bolivian players and instruct him to sell anyone in the first team who will raise £4 million or more. Then you can worthily custode that cash for the great club too.

One thing though, how can you be so sure your text message gets to Joe before anyone elses?

Why do many continue to post about that we will sign duds for peanuts?

I am no Ashley fanboy but why are you so sure he will invest nowt and that it will be shite players? Colo, Guti, Bassong and Guthrie (for the money paid for him) have all been good signings so far. Admittedly Xisco and Speedy were panic buys (though I would still give Xisco a chance as he came with a semi-decent reputation). If Ashley etc bring in players that are of the same standard as Bassong, Colo and Guti I couldnt care if it cost them 2 million or 20 million tbh..

was it ever up for sale ?

well, he has no excuses for not spending in this window , he's not got a chance in hell of sticking around at this club if he doesnt spend .

ohh and you can call my woman a dog as much as you want , as long as you give the manager millions to spend im fine with that .

Edited by Hadrian