Besiktas-bound Geremi pulls out of Hull clash

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United midfielder Geremi – on the brink of a £1.5m move to Besiktas – has been pulled out of tonight's FA Cup replay against Hull City.

The Echo understands Geremi's representatives are in talks with the Turkish club after a bid was accepted for the 30-year-old, who was booed off when substituted in Newcastle's last game against West Ham after a woeful performance in the 2-2 draw.

Should Geremi complete a move to Besiktas, Kinnear will use the fee, and the £4m-plus saved on his wages, to fund his loan signings.

The hugely experienced Cameroon interantional – signed by Sam Allardyce in the summer of 2007 on a free transfer from Chelsea – is among the club's highest earners.

And getting his sizeable salary off United's wage bills is a priority for executive director (football) Dennis Wise, with Geremi – who started last season as club captain – unlikely to play regularly for the club over the 18 months he has left on his contract.

Sources in Turkey claim talks are at an advanced stage, with Geremi – who has made just eight Premier League starts this season – said to be keen to leave St James's Park in search of first-team football.

The hugely experienced Cameroon international had a spell in the country earlier in his career, spending two seasons with Gençlerbirligi Spor Kulübü before moving to Real Madrid.

Newcastle United midfielder Geremi – on the brink of a £1.5m move to Besiktas – has been pulled out of tonight's FA Cup replay against Hull City.

The Echo understands Geremi's representatives are in talks with the Turkish club after a bid was accepted for the 30-year-old, who was booed off when substituted in Newcastle's last game against West Ham after a woeful performance in the 2-2 draw.

Should Geremi complete a move to Besiktas, Kinnear will use the fee, and the £4m-plus saved on his wages, to fund his loan signings.

The hugely experienced Cameroon interantional – signed by Sam Allardyce in the summer of 2007 on a free transfer from Chelsea – is among the club's highest earners.

And getting his sizeable salary off United's wage bills is a priority for executive director (football) Dennis Wise, with Geremi – who started last season as club captain – unlikely to play regularly for the club over the 18 months he has left on his contract.

Sources in Turkey claim talks are at an advanced stage, with Geremi – who has made just eight Premier League starts this season – said to be keen to leave St James's Park in search of first-team football.

The hugely experienced Cameroon international had a spell in the country earlier in his career, spending two seasons with Gençlerbirligi Spor Kulübü before moving to Real Madrid.

:D I wonder if he has any experience?

wallpapering <_<

Huge amounts apparently.

Looks like he has the experience of a 90 year the pace he moves these days.

Outside of squad depth, he's fucking useless. His assists have dryed up as well. I'd rather keep some of the younger players around the bench tbh. If we went and sold Barton from the centre of midfield, it'd be foolish but Geremi is hardly a miss.

I agree but like you said, aside from squad depth which we are severely lacking at the moment

i'm not sure we can afford to get rid when you consider the size of our wafer thin squad.

long term i'm happy for him to go, but he's one of our few players that can cover right back (not that we've used him much there).

Thank fuck for that. The bloke next to me can't make his jokes anymore - he calls Geremi "The Cuprinol Man" cos he reckons he's got wooden legs. Whenever he goes down injured he shouts "Bring on the plane to fix his legs!". And on the rare occasion that Geremi tackles someone and they go down he shouts "Splinter! He's give him a fucking splinter!".

Oh and whenever he's out injured, he's got woodworm.

Thank fuck for that. The bloke next to me can't make his jokes anymore - he calls Geremi "The Cuprinol Man" cos he reckons he's got wooden legs. Whenever he goes down injured he shouts "Bring on the plane to fix his legs!". And on the rare occasion that Geremi tackles someone and they go down he shouts "Splinter! He's give him a fucking splinter!".

Oh and whenever he's out injured, he's got woodworm.

Turn to him every time he makes a Geremi-related quip, look him dead in the eye and say "Oh do stop it, you're giving me wood". Should do the trick. :devil:

I sit next to the the roughest looking 30 year old charver and in front of some gilet wearing toff who never stops screaming at the players from level 7. Its often more fun watching them bickering than it is watching the match. I dont think its going to be long til the toff gets a good hiding like :devil: