Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

I'm seriously losing patience now, the so called "answers" just smack of utter desperation, I'm honestly questioning whether it is worth 45mins of my time every week.

Agreed and that drip called Daniel fucking grinds on me. I wish his mother had put that bullet through his napper.

And whats the Hugo being gay thing all about?

WTF? I missed this? When did this happen?

I thought the 'catchup' episode was quite good as it mentioned a couple of things I'd either missed, forgotten about or not understood. Considering it skips about so much and it can be 3 weeks before a character is revisited - it was essential I suppose.

Hugo and Miles kissed, you miss it? Tongues the lot!

WTF, yes I must have? Seriously, when was this. Have I missed an episode? I had to get a new sky+ box recently thus losing my previously stored stuff and sky+ planner. I wonder if I've missed a week?

You must of. It was like a scene from 'my beautiful laundrette' :D

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah crap. How long ago was this and what else happened in the ep? Just so I know which one to get a hold of.

Not sure, I'm a bit mixed up on the episodes myself, the kid at work gives me them.

Just watched the newest episode with the underground tunnels.

I'm just as confused as ever and i fear that we will never get the full answers we want.

I love the idea of time travel, its one of my favourite movie genres but this isnt fun anymore.

I'm gonna watch till the end just for the crack.

I'm just as confused as ever and i fear that we will never get the full answers we want.

I love the idea of time travel, its one of my favourite movie genres but this isnt fun anymore.

This.

I'm still hoping for a miracle in the finale (which are usually pretty great), but I'm really starting to feel like I did about two hours into Return of the Sith: that kind of sinking feeling that everything is wrapping up and a lot of shit you thought would happen just isn't going to and this really is all there is.

This.

I'm still hoping for a miracle in the finale (which are usually pretty great), but I'm really starting to feel like I did about two hours into Return of the Sith: that kind of sinking feeling that everything is wrapping up and a lot of shit you thought would happen just isn't going to and this really is all there is.

Layers within layers. Keep the faith. The smoke monster will return.

This.

Layers within layers. Keep the faith. The smoke monster will return.

Already has, in the form of licensing hours and cheap booze. :D

I still watch and enjoy Lost, but there are just far too many characters each with detailed stories and it just makes it ridiculous. There was a really good episode the other week with Ben and then POOF its as if its never happened.

I still watch and enjoy Lost, but there are just far too many characters each with detailed stories and it just makes it ridiculous. There was a really good episode the other week with Ben and then POOF its as if its never happened.

Hugo and Miles?

only one more season left I think, I'll stick with it till the bitter end but I'm not impressed with the direction it has been going over the last few seasons, shame as it had such promise.

Fucking incredible. The whole light/dark theme was started way back in the Pilot with the "5000 year old" Backgammon game. Also, the Esau/Jacob struggle could easily be a paralell to God/Satan. The Devil taking many forms to waylay people onto his path which would explain Esau being the dead reincarnated on the Island etc.

Love this show and this has been the direction it's intended to go along iyam.

Matthew Fox. That's about it. I'm assuming that Esau (Jacob's mate) has been behind the manipulating of the Losties so he can achieve his goal of succeeding Jacob as overseer of the island. From Christian making Locke turn the wheel, appearing as Alex convincing Ben to follow "Locke" and do the dirty work since the "rules" don't allow him to, to possibly the Smoke Monster, judging the likes of Eko to see if they're worthy. As for Richard, I assume he came on The Black Rock, gained Jacob's trust and got a reward out of it. As for Jacob's magic powers, I have no idea.

I hope they don't totally drop the Dharma side of things for the final season but they've explained everything to do with that. Roll on next February

Jacob obviously has some major players to 'play', and has most likely set some threads into place to stop Esau, who looked worried when the words 'they're coming' were muttered. One thing i did think of was that perhaps Jack is supposed to be Jacob at some point or take over his role. I think Jacob can die because at the beginning it was made clear that it was possible but when he did die, the scene straight after Jack woke up from being unconscious, not only that but Jacob, who can heal people could have some comparisons to Jack who healed his wife after she needed a 'miracle' to walk again. Maybe Jack was always meant to be a leader but his dad telling him that was just Esau, playing his part of the game, so Jack couldn't hurt him later on. One thing that does confuse me with this, is the whole Shepard/'Esau' connection, as both Claire and Christian seem to be manipulated by him but Jack seems to be a loop hole perhaps? Perhaps he is the one to break the chain of events?

I found Jacob a gripping character, i noticed the 'touching' thing and one meeting in particular, Locke's. Jacob is sitting reading the book 'everything that rises, must converge' that book could quite possibly be about him, and his apparent demise. However what i found interesting was the bird at the front, i saw it and thought of 2 things. One was the 'Hurley Bird' that mysterious bird that has appeared twice and screeched his name, it could be a sign of Hurley's purity which looks to be important as Jacob had a different approach with him, i would also like to know if there really is a guitar in that case. The other thing that i thought of was Walt, the bird manipulation, he obviously has a weird gift when it comes to that, again similar to Jacob and maybe he has the power to beat 'Esau', which is symbolic of the Walt/Locke backgammon game in Pilot Part 2. What i think is important to note about the comparisons with the show is that in backgammon you have the power to use a doubling cube to speed up the game, this has 6 faces with 6 numbers. Perhaps the numbers for Jacob's cube, if this is a game are: 4,8,15,16,23,42. I also think that in backgammon you can also use 'dead' pieces, but don't quote me on that.

The Bible says he was the son of Isaac and Rebecca, the grandson of Abraham and Sarah and of Bethuel, and the twin brother of Esau. He had twelve sons and one daughter by his two wives, Leah and Rachel, and their maidservants, Bilhah and Zilpah. The children were Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, daughter Dinah, Joseph, and Benjamin.[1] Before the birth of Benjamin, Jacob is renamed "Israel" by an angelic being, the name after which the modern nation of Israel is named.

As a result of a severe famine in Canaan, Jacob resettled his whole family in Egypt (The island) in the Land of Goshen, at the time when his son Joseph was viceroy. Jacob died there 17 years later, and Joseph carried Jacob's remains to the land of Canaan, where he gave them stately burial in the same Cave of Machpelah as were buried Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebecca and Jacob's wife Leah (Genesis 49:29-50:14).

Book of Jubilees

In the Book of Jubilees (which is neither part of the Jewish nor most Christian canons), Esau's father, Isaac, compels Esau to swear not to attack or kill Jacob after Isaac has died. However, after the death of Isaac, the sons of Esau convince their father to lead them, and hired mercenaries(The others), against Jacob in order to kill Jacob and his family and seize their wealth(the islands power?) (especially the portion of Isaac's wealth that Isaac had left to Jacob upon his death). In the ensuing battle, Jacob kills Esau with an arrow. The sons of Jacob then defeat the rest of the attackers despite overwhelming odds (They are coming?).

Some of the sons of Esau are spared, but they are sworn to serve and pay fealty to Jacob (Jack et a)l.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

After watching last night's finale, I really don't know whether to laugh, cry or quite frankly give up altogether. I was expecting a gripping shock towards the end, and for some reason I didn't feel as if this was significantly accomplished. Richard Alpert should have featured more, and now that Jacob has been destroyed perhaps his non-ageing abiltity will no longer exist. Jacob himself was a good choice of actor, he seemed rather cool and sophisticated. The tension when the H-Bomb dropped into the pocket was brilliant and the anticipation was executed perfectly, and even though i felt as if Juliette was a weak character, I found it rather touching when she was hanging on and luckily survived the drop and activated the H-bomb.

I really don't know what will happen next, although we have a nine month delay to live with...