Other games

Park Life

Spanish soccer almost mourned the loss of another player this past weekend when Salamanca’s Miguel García suffered a heart attack in the middle of his team’s second division match against Betis.

The eerie footage, taken in the 56th minute, shows García suddenly struggle to maintain balance after tying his shoe laces before buckling on his knees and smashing face-first into the ground. In a matter of seconds, other players and the match referee realized something was terribly wrong and frantically waved for medical help.

García was legally dead for 25 seconds, according to team physician José Ignacio Garrido, before being revived on the pitch and rushed to Salamanca's University Hospital, where he is currently in stable condition.

Although a tragedy was averted, the 31-year-old midfielder knows that his playing days are over.

“We’ve tried to make him (García) realize that, given what he went through yesterday (Sunday)… not playing again isn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened,” Salamanca Sporting Director Baltasar Sánchez told Marca.

García’s brush with death left many teammates and opponents visibly distraught, and stirred painful memories of Antonio Puerta, a rising Spanish star who died of cardiac arrest at the age of 22 while playing for Sevilla in 2007.

Both team doctors embraced after the final whistle. Fucking terrifying stuff.

Im surprised this doesnt more on Sunday morning football. I've played with a skinful before. Cant be good for you.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton 0 Liverpool 1

Only 5 points of 4th place with 28 games to go don't see what everyone is worrying about. We got cash to spend and a top 4 finish is in our reach. Liverpool will always be in Europe we are to big not to be I think the people on this site will agree.

I agree. Liverpool will always be in Europe. It would be pointless moving the city brick by brick to South America.

Bolton 0 Liverpool 1

Only 5 points of 4th place with 28 games to go don't see what everyone is worrying about. We got cash to spend and a top 4 finish is in our reach. Liverpool will always be in Europe we are to big not to be I think the people on this site will agree.

I agree. Liverpool will always be in Europe. It would be pointless moving the city brick by brick to South America.

The plan isn't entirely without its merits. Fewer Scousers over here, for instance.

The plan isn't entirely without its merits. Fewer Scousers over here, for instance.

Fewer scousers means fewer goals for Newcastle mate. Did you forgot a scouser scored 3 Goals for yous today!

Bolton 0 Liverpool 1

:angry:

Fewer scousers means fewer goals for Newcastle mate. Did you forgot a scouser scored 3 Goals for yous today!

Nolan is a "wool" he's not a proper dipper. Huyton = wool land and not technically scouse, so I'm told.

WBA down to 10 men, this will end up 3-0 the way things are going.