Other games

Park Life

Chelsea beat Benfica 0-1 at the REAL Stadium of Light ;)

Good win that, Terry's managerial career continues its good start.....

They'll play Spurs in the FA cup semi..they beat Bolton 3-1.

If Everton beat Liverpool our end of season could be easier than it looks after tonight...

I thought we wanted Liverpool to beat Everton in the SF?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno. Am a bit ambivalent about Europe next season. Id love it, but if it went badly it could be painful in the league. Anyway the way Liverpool are playing Everton are odds on. But Liverpool will raise their game for it mind, they always fuckin do....

Everton v Liverpool at Wembley should be a spicy encounter. Should be a better game for neutrals than the mackems anyway

Royal Mail delivery drivers are trembling at the thought.

Guest CabayeAye

If Everton beat Liverpool our end of season could be easier than it looks after tonight...

Doesn't really matter now, Liverpool won't finish above us.

Doesn't really matter now, Liverpool won't finish above us.

Really? Even if they beat us at SJP?

I think we'd need 6/7 new players in to cope with the European schedule and maintain a top 6 place.

Not getting ahead of myself but we'd need mainly defenders. We have some promising young players that could be given a chance in other areas - Vuckic, Abeid, Sam Ameobi, Ferguson, Obertan :ninja: , Inman.... with some off our fringe players and the odd first teamer we should be able to put out a somewhat decent side if we gain some strength and depth in defense.

Exactly. 5 points isn't that big a gap, especially with 24 points to play for.

There'd only be 21 points to play for at that point. What we don't want to do is play Liverpool back into goal scoring form courtesy of our severely weakened defense.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd be gutted if we didn't win at SJP like. Their form in 2012 would have them in the relegation places. We're on a bit of a resurgence with our 4-4-3. They are there for the taking, they really are.

I'd be gutted if we didn't win at SJP like. Their form in 2012 would have them in the relegation places. We're on a bit of a resurgence with our 4-4-3. They are there for the taking, they really are.

I'd be more confident if Colo was fit tbh

We do.

If Chelsea and Everton are still involved in cup competitions in late April/early May then they'll field understrength teams against us. Big if like, and as mentioned we've got to beat Liverpool without Colo on Sunday first.

A draw/win at St. Jame's on Sunday and it'll be a disgrace if we miss out on 6th.

Totally agree. Would take a major meltdown on our part and hopefully Colo will be back in a couple of games.

Even with 12 men?

Even with 12 men?

:lol: Krul to be dropped after last game's howler?

If Chelsea and Everton are still involved in cup competitions in late April/early May then they'll field understrength teams against us. Big if like, and as mentioned we've got to beat Liverpool without Colo on Sunday first.

They're still going for 4th y'know. Unless it's mathematically impossible for them they're not gonna field a weakened team.

I've just looked at Chelsea's run in and they've got Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool in the last away games, all away from home too.

EDIT - Think Spurs might be in the cup.

Edited by Baggio

What round do English teams enter the Europa league next year?

The earliest game last year was June 30th....the final of the Euros this year is July 1st

Let's hope it's not a Holland France final :D

earliest game was down to the fair play entry wasn't it?

• 18 domestic league runners-up from associations 35–53 (except Liechtenstein)
  • 29 domestic league third-placed teams from associations 22–51 (except Liechtenstein)
  • 3 teams which qualified via Fair Play rankings

Sounds like we would join in the third qualifying round....

• 12 domestic cup winners from associations 18–29
  • 3 domestic league runners-up from associations 16–18
  • 6 domestic league third-placed teams from associations 10–15
  • 3 domestic league fourth-placed teams from associations 7–9
  • 3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 4–6 (League Cup winners for France)
  • 3 domestic league sixth-placed teams from associations 1–3 (League Cup winners for England)

Or the 4th...

• 17 domestic cup winners from associations 1–17
  • 3 domestic league third-placed teams from associations 7–9
  • 3 domestic league fourth-placed teams from associations 4–6
  • 3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 1–3

Edited by Happy Face

Not got a league. Play in Swiss leagues so only the winner of a cup between their teams gets into Europe, obviously they're not allowed into the Champs League through that so only get Europa League. Still about 15 rankings off the bottom I think :D