• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last series of Arrested Development.

A year late.

Does it get funny?

:(

Yes, unfortunately it takes repeat viewings. Not as good as the original run, but it can take 5episodes to wait for a punch line.

• 1 year later...

Man in a high castle on Amazon.

Bit meh at the moment after 3 episodes in.

Ok so in the end I quite enjoyed this albeit far too much of a slow burn.

Lots of questions about it, the films, the ending etc and whether that's it or whether it continues in a further season.

From the trailers I'm guessing The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a film (within the film/ tv series) rather than a book within the book, as it is in the original novel. But aye, from the reviews etc. it seems like a fairly straight adaptation. Philip K Dick has had absolutely loads of his novels and short stories made into films but the only two I've seen that were true to the spirit of the originals were Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) and A Scanner Darkly.

Aye best not :lol:

The reviews I've read say it's very true to the book.

For a man of my age, it was certainly a nice trip down memory lane to the evil Nazis / Japs genre.

:lol:

Aye, fair play to the Nazis and japs, they might have caused millions of deaths and heartache, but they were the one of the inspirations behind the films like the longest day, where eagles dare and the great escape, real nice trips down memory lane and let's also not forget the victims who died for my entertainment.

> ;) <

Aye, fair play to the Nazis and japs, they might have caused millions of deaths and heartache, but they were the one of the inspirations behind the films like the longest day, where eagles dare and the great escape, real nice trips down memory lane and let's also not forget the victims who died for my entertainment.

> ;) <

> ;) <

Quite funny this.

Day off today. No wife, no kids.... Bliss.

Made all sorts of plans last night.

Take some rubbish to the tip first thing.

Go to the garden centre.

Potter in the garden.

Take the dog for an extra special long walk.

Make a really nice meal for our lass.

So far today I have sat in shorts and t.shirt, drank tea, smoked a couple of fags and finished off watching the man in the high castle.

11.30 ish I thought ok, I can still do the garden centre, meal and dog, so quickly got dressed, read through a few recipes, made a shopping list and was almost out of the door when a notification of your post came through listing those films.

I have now made another cup of tea, sat back on the sofa and am about to watch a war film. :lol:

Cheers mate.

The dog and the wife both hate you btw.

Quite funny this.

Day off today. No wife, no kids.... Bliss.

Made all sorts of plans last night.

Take some rubbish to the tip first thing.

Go to the garden centre.

Potter in the garden.

Take the dog for an extra special long walk.

Make a really nice meal for our lass.

So far today I have sat in shorts and t.shirt, drank tea, smoked a couple of fags and finished off watching the man in the high castle.

11.30 ish I thought ok, I can still do the garden centre, meal and dog, so quickly got dressed, read through a few recipes, made a shopping list and was almost out of the door when a notification of your post came through listing those films.

I have now made another cup of tea, sat back on the sofa and am about to watch a war film. :lol:

Cheers mate.

The dog and the wife both hate you btw.

Now you have kodi, why don't you try watching 'the beast', (think it's called that). A different war film about a Soviet tank getting enticed into a trap during their occupation of Afghanistan by the then 'good guys' of the mujahedeen who capture them. Worth a watch.