Newcastle United vs Everton

Deano

That said, Martins was a fucking disgrace when he came on and didn't get an ounce of stick. Not defending Shola's display for a second but loads of the fans are myopic when it comes to having a pop at some players at the match and actually enthusiastic when it comes to others.

Edited by alex

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result giving Nolan awful tackle and resulting effects on the numbers.

Bassong had Jo in his pocket all match, another excellent display in Black and White, he's verging on player of the season IMO.

Probably get stick for this, but i thought Steven Taylor ran his socks off today, sometimes forgets to get back as quickly as he gets forwards but i thought he helped the midfield out a fair bit in the second half.

all in all i reckon we could have got something from the game before Nolan lost his head, but a crucial point in the end! 5 points above the drop zone, but with blackburn having a game in a hand its still going to be tight as hell!

If Forrest Gump played for the toon, he would fuckin run his socks off too. The only difference is 27 GUMP would not be geordie*. I thought in terms of having the ball he was so poor he was almost embarrassing. When he was running down the Leazes first half, "goo on Stevie, goo on, goo on, goo on", and the cunt, like Forest Gump, he just kept on running, but he dribbled the ball out for a throw in for no reason. None at all, he had the ball perfectly under control, but he kept on running oh dear.

I'll take a point, but a) I was bored :mellow: Everton's fans are totally wank, c) ours aren't much better and d) Moyes is a cunt - what sort of manager plays 4 5 1 for 20 minutes when you're against 10 men. Everton were ambitionless.

* technically the cunts not.

i agree with what your sayin in terms of some of his runs were to no avail, but especially in the second half they actually helped relieve some of the pressure we were under at times and actually gave us a different route out of defense apart from hoofing it upfield. Having said that, he wouldn't have needed to had Lovenkrands acutally put in half an shift today out wide (and yes the taylor running the ball out was before the sending off before you say so).

our back four were a solid unit today, Taylor included.

The people giving Shola stick made me feel sick man.

They were giving him stick all the time, even for poor balls he had no chance of getting.

Had Shola missed Lovenkrands chance there would have been hell on!

Smith, Martins, Jonas, Lovenkrands all invisible.

Bassong and Enrique were immense, Butt too, whisper it quietly but even Colloccini failed to be awful today.

Shocking tackle and no doubt a red, given that we surely could've done worse but we had two gilt-edged chances to score and failed, and that's all there was to it. Should've been 3 points once Arteta went off.

That said, Martins was a fucking disgrace when he came on and didn't get an ounce of stick. Not defending Shola's display for a second but loads of the fans are myopic when it comes to having a pop at some players at the match and actually enthusiastic when it comes to others.

There was a bit of 'heated debate' about that in L7. Some young lads were booing Shola off at the substitution and giving him stick. A bloke in front of me had a go at them (rightly so), basically saying that we are there to support the team and what good does it do booing a player who we all know isn't good enough, but might have to put up with for the next few games until Martins/Viduka/Smith are fully fit. Another bloke then came down from further up to remonstrate with him. It was more entertaining than what was happening on the pitch.

There was a bit of 'heated debate' about that in L7. Some young lads were booing Shola off at the substitution and giving him stick. A bloke in front of me had a go at them (rightly so), basically saying that we are there to support the team and what good does it do booing a player who we all know isn't good enough, but might have to put up with for the next few games until Martins/Viduka/Smith are fully fit. Another bloke then came down from further up to remonstrate with him. It was more entertaining than what was happening on the pitch.

Martins again showed an appalling positional sense. There were two occasions when Taylor cleared a ball under pressure in to the right hand channel from right back - Martins was standing 50 yards away in the left hand channel.

Bassong man of the match. Enrique also played well. Our new boys all had pretty average/shite games, spare Ryan Taylor's free-kicks/crosses. Butt again a passenger who occasionally chimes in with a tackle.

I thought Butt was excellent. Ryan Taylor had a good game too.

Said as much when Martins whacked a shot out for a throw in and got applause.

Ameobi would have been harangued for it.

Fair enough, it's not for what they do but what they've done, but surely we should support them both. Booing the lad off is a disgrace.

Bassong man of the match. Enrique also played well. Our new boys all had pretty average/shite games, spare Ryan Taylor's free-kicks/crosses. Butt again a passenger who occasionally chimes in with a tackle.

I thought Butt was excellent. Ryan Taylor had a good game too.

There's no way Butt was excellent. I just won't hear it. He made some good tackles, but he has no movement whatsoever off the ball. Dallies on the ball, looks for long passes always. Watch a proper team play football and the central midfield players will be making short, sharp passes and moving for each other. We're not going to get that from Butt at this stage in his career. He's a complete passenger when we have the ball.

Ryan Taylor's crossing/free-kicks weren't bad, but he got caught on the ball on more than one occassion, and Dan Gosling skipped by his easily in the opening few minutes. Would be good if he had a little more pace.

Martins again showed an appalling positional sense. There were two occasions when Taylor cleared a ball under pressure in to the right hand channel from right back - Martins was standing 50 yards away in the left hand channel.

How is that Martins fault? Is he supposed to be telepathic and know where taylor is going to hoof the ball to before hes done it? Surely it would have made more sense for taylor to have a look first and try to switch it?

Good result giving Nolan awful tackle and resulting effects on the numbers.

Bassong had Jo in his pocket all match, another excellent display in Black and White, he's verging on player of the season IMO.

Probably get stick for this, but i thought Steven Taylor ran his socks off today, sometimes forgets to get back as quickly as he gets forwards but i thought he helped the midfield out a fair bit in the second half.

all in all i reckon we could have got something from the game before Nolan lost his head, but a crucial point in the end! 5 points above the drop zone, but with blackburn having a game in a hand its still going to be tight as hell!

If Forrest Gump played for the toon, he would fuckin run his socks off too. The only difference is 27 GUMP would not be geordie*. I thought in terms of having the ball he was so poor he was almost embarrassing. When he was running down the Leazes first half, "goo on Stevie, goo on, goo on, goo on", and the cunt, like Forest Gump, he just kept on running, but he dribbled the ball out for a throw in for no reason. None at all, he had the ball perfectly under control, but he kept on running oh dear.

I'll take a point, but a) I was bored :D Everton's fans are totally wank, c) ours aren't much better and d) Moyes is a cunt - what sort of manager plays 4 5 1 for 20 minutes when you're against 10 men. Everton were ambitionless.

* technically the cunts not.

Ha ha, tell you what Stevie we may not agree on general chat about much but that is spot on imo. I wasn't much liking Taylor's man-love with his new namesake at the start either.

As for the people constantly slagging off Ameobi, I wish they would fucking shut up. He's obviously a championship player (may still prove useful then), but ffs, do people really believe his thought pattern goes something like 'yah man, I could get that ball if I really ran fir it, but, yah man, I can't be arsed'? As has been said, Martins made similar 'mistakes' to 'Stroller' but never got any stick. I can't fathom our crowd sometimes. Oh aye, slagging off Harper for his kicking? That's really going to boost his confidence isn't it....etc.

Glad we got a point but still really worried after today. Man U next at home, then Arsenal, then Chelsea.... gulp. :mellow:

Say what you like but I think the asst. manager is as stupid as the manager when it comes to Ameobe. With Loverkrands, Martins, Smith, and Viduka available Ameobe would be at the bottom of my pecking order. And furthermore, when you are down to 10 men for the entire 2nd half Ameobe is not the kind of player I would want on the pitch, I would want someone who would work like he knew we were down to 10 men.

Hughton was Kinnearesque in his starting eleven and substitutions :mellow:

Of all the scoring chances on both sides the one Lovenkrands missed was the easiest, simplest, and best and perhaps would have won the game for us.

In the end I think we've all got to be happy with the point, all things considered. Certainly now there is no need to keep the same team as some sort of loyalty move as a result of them winning the previous match (err.. West Brom). Nolan has also confirmed that Hughton can't take the easy way out again and just pick the same squad.

It will be interesting to see who will replace Nolan in midfield. Anyone know when Guthrie is back? Otherwise Smith would be an option (please not Geremi, though I might be saying the same about Smith in a week). We have five central midfielders who are all capable of making horrible brash tackles :mellow: (Smith, Guthrie, Butt, Barton and Nolan).

I'd like to see Viduka and Martins up front in the next game. Lovenkrands fancies himself as a striker, but if that shot was indicative you can see why managers prefer to play him out wide. Certainly not prepared to write him off, but damn, that was a bloody golden chance with no defensive pressure at all.

I think the reason Shola gets more abuse is because he's so fucking lazy.

He shouldn't have been playing in the first place tbh, it's just the first worrying signs from our management team that they can't think beyond 'well this team won last game so we'll just go with that again'. Martins and Guttierez should have been straight back in the team and Ryan Taylor should have been fullback instead Geordie boy but seeing as Steven had decided he wanted to play right foward, Ryan (or Lovenkrands in the second half) was playing there anyway.

Anyway good result considering the sending off and you would hope it would give them a bit of confidence going into the Bolton game where we really could do with getting somthing considering the next three home games.

I thought Steven Taylor had a canny 2nd half tbf. That bit in the 1st half where he did a sort of step-over then shepherded the ball out for a throw-in to the opposition though. Wtf? Comedy gold.

How is that Martins fault? Is he supposed to be telepathic and know where taylor is going to hoof the ball to before hes done it? Surely it would have made more sense for taylor to have a look first and try to switch it?

When you are playing up front by yourself, your main job is to recieve and hold on to the ball, before bringing the ball in to play, or to relieve the pressure. When your right back is under pressure the obvious out ball is the channel.

He's never going to play 80 yard cross field balls across a dozen players. It's the strikers responsibility to predict where the ball is likely to go and move across.

I thought Enrique played well again today. Shola though, he is fucking hopeless.

Luckily he's all ours for years to come! :D

:mellow:

He managed to fit in nearly all that's bad about him today. We had the lazy not running about, the not attacking the ball when decent and occasionally great crosses came in, the endless run of stupid fouls on defenders, usually pushing them or pulling their shirt, all we needed was an awful scuffed shot and beign caught offside through lack of concentration! At one point Taylor (Ryan) chucked a good long throw into the box and Shola was ducking as it came in FFS! And as somebody else mentioned at one point, knowing fine well he was up front alone, he flicked a header on, to who, i have no idea!

Surely the obvious thing to do is start with a Viduka or Martins, who have some ability and see how long you get from them before their lack of match fitness means they need to be subbed, then you bring the other one on!

I think Viduka and Lovennkrands could have done quite well togther then second half unleash Martins' pace on them.

Agree should have started with one of those two.

Still one more point from a game which if they had their first team out we'd have got 0.

I thought Enrique played well again today. Shola though, he is fucking hopeless.

Luckily he's all ours for years to come! :love:

:mellow:

He managed to fit in nearly all that's bad about him today. We had the lazy not running about, the not attacking the ball when decent and occasionally great crosses came in, the endless run of stupid fouls on defenders, usually pushing them or pulling their shirt, all we needed was an awful scuffed shot and beign caught offside through lack of concentration! At one point Taylor (Ryan) chucked a good long throw into the box and Shola was ducking as it came in FFS! And as somebody else mentioned at one point, knowing fine well he was up front alone, he flicked a header on, to who, i have no idea!

Surely the obvious thing to do is start with a Viduka or Martins, who have some ability and see how long you get from them before their lack of match fitness means they need to be subbed, then you bring the other one on!

I think Viduka and Lovennkrands could have done quite well togther then second half unleash Martins' pace on them.

He really has got it all hasn't he. :D

I will never ever ever understand that any of the powers that be, or have been, can continue to let this twat, disgrace the shirt. And those that were at the game know Hughton and co had to be "forced" into dragging him off by the crowd.

KK tried really hard to get rid.

Another thing about Viduka is that because he's injured so often (and given the lack of options) you feel you almost have to play him when he's fit. I appreciate he isn't match fit but I would have started him and took him off after an hour.

I think the reason Shola gets more abuse is because he's so fucking lazy.

There was that bit where he scuffed a cross and the def just picked the ball up and started running away with it and Shola (5 yards away) just watched.

Another thing about Viduka is that because he's injured so often (and given the lack of options) you feel you almost have to play him when he's fit. I appreciate he isn't match fit but I would have started him and took him off after an hour.

Maybe the pair could have played a half each.