Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

31 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If,as I expect,we get beat of Sheffield Utd,we’ll could be 5 points from a relegation spot with a few 6 pointers to come.

And if your Aunt had a dick she would be your Uncle!

I'm hoping the season doesn't finish because I'm not at all convinced that we're safe.  Our form before the break was pony and without the home games with the crowd behind the team I'd be hard pushed to see us picking up many points.

Luke Edwards point about Bruce having us in a position of apparent safety so that the potential buyers were still interested is fair enough.  But he misses the point that we have only got there through luck.  Our performances this season have been by in large dreadful and the stats back this up.  We are one of the worst in the league in all of the attacking stats and if I remember rightly, our defensive stats, other that Dubravka are far from great too.  He will point to the only stat of any importance being the points on the board and the position we're in, but luck and effort (I don't think that even the most 'rabid critics' would deny he has got the players working) wont keep you getting points and show that you're worthy of the job.

His claim that Bruce has won over all but his most rabid critics is either completely wrong or suggesting that the majority of Newcastle fans are rabid.  He says his wife and her family are all fans and he has lots of friends who are too.  If all of these people are telling him that Bruce has won them over then they must come from a completely different part of Newcastle to me.  Because I am yet to meet or speak to a single fan who thinks Bruce has done a good job let alone that be the majority viewpoint.  And I know people who have connections to Bruce's family who still don't want him in the job.

The only assumptions you can get to on this is that he has a relationship with Bruce that he wants to enhance or keep, or that he wants to wind up Newcastle fans for click bait.

• Like 5

As soon as the other guy mentioned is Pochettino, Steve Bruce’s career doesn’t require further analysis.

He should take his pay out, fuck off & be grateful for the opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

As soon as the other guy mentioned is Pochettino, Steve Bruce’s career doesn’t require further analysis.

He should take his pay out, fuck off & be grateful for the opportunity.

:lol: Aye, as always in football, the simple answer is usually the right one. And you can’t argue with any of DKs post but all of those points have been articulated to Edwards dozens of times and he simply won’t have it because, as Alex says, he won’t say anything because he doesn’t want to lose his source.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'm hoping the season doesn't finish because I'm not at all convinced that we're safe.  Our form before the break was pony and without the home games with the crowd behind the team I'd be hard pushed to see us picking up many points.

Luke Edwards point about Bruce having us in a position of apparent safety so that the potential buyers were still interested is fair enough.  But he misses the point that we have only got there through luck.  Our performances this season have been by in large dreadful and the stats back this up.  We are one of the worst in the league in all of the attacking stats and if I remember rightly, our defensive stats, other that Dubravka are far from great too.  He will point to the only stat of any importance being the points on the board and the position we're in, but luck and effort (I don't think that even the most 'rabid critics' would deny he has got the players working) wont keep you getting points and show that you're worthy of the job.

His claim that Bruce has won over all but his most rabid critics is either completely wrong or suggesting that the majority of Newcastle fans are rabid.  He says his wife and her family are all fans and he has lots of friends who are too.  If all of these people are telling him that Bruce has won them over then they must come from a completely different part of Newcastle to me.  Because I am yet to meet or speak to a single fan who thinks Bruce has done a good job let alone that be the majority viewpoint.  And I know people who have connections to Bruce's family who still don't want him in the job.

The only assumptions you can get to on this is that he has a relationship with Bruce that he wants to enhance or keep, or that he wants to wind up Newcastle fans for click bait.

Good post

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Aye, as always in football, the simple answer is usually the right one. And you can’t argue with any of DKs post but all of those points have been articulated to Edwards dozens of times and he simply won’t have it because, as Alex says, he won’t say anything because he doesn’t want to lose his source.

Yep, 

In the same way people like Martin Samuels will quell their outrage over the takeover when they need access to the match day buffet.

I mean that is literally sportswashing but what you gonna do? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

"We all aspire in management, we all aspire to be Pep (Guardiola), Jurgen (Klopp)... these great managers who've been a breath of fresh air to football. Jurgen Klopp coming into this country, you just have to applaud him for his tactics and the way Liverpool play.

"If it's good for Newcastle, and the club are going to try to compete with these teams, to be part of it would be great. I would love to see it and I'd love to be part of it. I hope it's where it goes, but in the meantime I'll just crack on, wait, roll my sleeves up and get on with trying to get some results to try and get the club going forward.

"If that happens for Newcastle in the future, then great - I'd be delighted. You do get labelled in the game, and that's why I enjoyed my time managing in the Championship. I'd back myself against most people in that division.

"But to be in a position where you're actually challenging, and you have a good enough team as Newcastle did in 1995 and under Sir Bobby Robson as well, then it would be wonderful. I'd back myself, of course I would.

"Management, whether you're managing in the lower division or you're right at the top, it's about getting the best out of what you've got. And if you can do that, I'd back myself to have a crack at it. I'd be confident that I'd be able to do it.

"Whether that's ever going to be the case, who knows?"

KeyHugeKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

"Management, whether you're managing in the lower division or you're right at the top, it's about getting the best out of what you've got. And if you can do that, I'd back myself to have a crack at it. I'd be confident that I'd be able to do it.

"Whether that's ever going to be the case, who knows?"

Answer Me I Know You Know GIF by SVU

• Haha 2

Chelsea and Man City both gave incumbent managers time and plenty of money to spend before bringing in new managers. The difference is Bruce wasn’t the incumbent 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I almost feel sorry for Bruce, almost, and I remember …

”"We have got something in store, but just wait until the end," said Bruce. "It is my choice, but the club are a bit scared of it. I am not telling you what it is. But I would love to get my own back!"

:lol:

Did we ever find out his song of choice? 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

”"We have got something in store, but just wait until the end," said Bruce. "It is my choice, but the club are a bit scared of it. I am not telling you what it is. But I would love to get my own back!"

"Who's Sorry Now"

Connie Francis

• Haha 1

I don’t dislike Bruce, he’s a shite manager & he’s dining out on his roots

As much as he’s dusted himself down, pulled his sleeves up & give it wuh best shot he’s turned down the role twice. His dream job is at Old Trafford.

Let him manage the club till the end of the season, till him sweet lies to keep the esteem up and then send him his P45.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Saying that, I’m surprised Hughes got the time he did. 

He was highly rated at the time though rightly or wrongly. So not really applicable to Steve Bruce now or at any other time during his managerial career. 

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Give Bruce till the end of the season then fuck him off.  He's shite and the way he treated Sheff Weds isn't on.

Aye, fuck him. As well as being incompetent he’s as mercenary as they come. 

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United