Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

Rangnick as DoF and either Favre or Conte (who is apparently interested) managing is absolute top tier, stuff dreams are made of.

Just the fact that this lot understand that getting Bruce out for the spurs game, even if it means Jones as caretaker, will be great for the atmosphere and the fans in the ground is a huge step up from a few weeks ago.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Rangnick as DoF and either Favre or Conte (who is apparently interested) managing is absolute top tier, stuff dreams are made of.

Just the fact that this lot understand that getting Bruce out for the spurs game, even if it means Jones as caretaker, will be great for the atmosphere and the fans in the ground is a huge step up from a few weeks ago.

Absolutely. 

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I don’t think Rangnick and one of those would work as there would be a clash of philosophies about style and personal.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t think Rangnick and one of those would work as there would be a clash of philosophies about style and personal.

What sort of managers did Rangnick have alongside/under him for RB? I'm right that he back and forth'd between manager and DoF in spells right? 

Sort of figured he'd be overseeing the football side of the club longer term than being in as manager.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What sort of managers did Rangnick have alongside/under him for RB? I'm right that he back and forth'd between manager and DoF in spells right? 

Sort of figured he'd be overseeing the football side of the club longer term than being in as manager.

Mostly young and upcoming managers preferring to play attacking football of a philosophy as a trademark of the whole club including the youth teams.

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Mostly young and upcoming managers preferring to play attacking football of a philosophy as a trademark of the whole club including the youth teams.

Would Favre not work? Hes not young I'll give you that but hes an attacking coach.

Conte could almost certainly murder someone in an empty room so I have no doubt about him and Rangnick butting heads

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Would Favre not work? Hes not young I'll give you that but hes an attacking coach.

Conte could almost certainly murder someone in an empty room so I have no doubt about him and Rangnick butting heads

Favre is probably too similar to Rangnick in certain ways that he doesn’t like to make compromises if things aren’t done how hewants them to be done. That’s why he failed at Stuttgart but in the end also at Gladbach and Dortmund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love that this is an actual relevant discussion about people who might work for the club very soon :lol:

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Favre is probably too similar to Rangnick in certain ways that he doesn’t like to make compromises if things aren’t done how hewants them to be done. That’s why he failed at Stuttgart but in the end also at Gladbach and Dortmund.

If you're going to bring in a younger manager to work with him from Germany who are you looking at? From the british perspective it makes a lot of sense to be looking at Gerrard in the case of the above but...well, I hated Steven Gerrard as a player so fuck that.

I think someone like Terzic who stepped in at Dortmund after Favre got sacked could be one accepting Rangnick as a mentor.

I do actually think that someone like Potter could be working with Rangnick. Ten Hag from Ajax if you look at a manager with a bigger reputation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think someone like Terzic who stepped in at Dortmund after Favre got sacked could be one accepting Rangnick as a mentor.

I do actually think that someone like Potter could be working with Rangnick. Ten Hag from Ajax if you look at a manager with a bigger reputation.

Ten Hag! I forgot about him tbh, that would be great. Our very own bald fraud!

17 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Not sure what Hongnisten means but the sporting director should appoint the mamager….there’s no point having someone to answer to the CEO/board on all football matters then appoint his staff for him…

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United