We won't be relegated darlings

Park Life

The key to avoiding relegation is Pardew holding his nerve and playing football on the ground. If he returns to over defensive long balls then its going to be a very unpleasant last few weeks imo.

Key to that is home fans not getting jittery, booing substitutions or at then end of games we deserved more from.

Support the whole squad and coaching staff.

We have less points than we deserve.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat 12 A Norwich City

Sat 19 H Reading

Tue 29 A Aston Villa

4 points.

February

Sat 02 H Chelsea

Sat 09 A Tottenham

Sat 23 H Southampton

2 points.

March

Sat 02 A Swansea City

Sat 09 H Stoke City

Sat 16 A Wigan Athletic

Sat 30 A Manchester City

4 points.

April

Sat 06 H Fulham

Sat 13 H Sunderland

Sat 20 A WBA

Sat 27 H Liverpool

6 points.

May

Sat 04 A West Ham Utd

Sun 12 A QPR

Sun 19 H Arsenal

4 points.

And that's being kind.

There's no real runs of games where you can see us picking up good points is there? Mind you I couldn't look to a single away game at the minute and say we'll get anything out of it. I'm sure we will pick up points but you can't be confident at the moment!

Given the team we were forced to put out, I can see his point. Do you think all the teams around and below us will win every single home game? Don't be daft.

We haven't won away from home all season, picking up 4 points. We're running out of home games. I'm not trying to panic but it's getting a bit too de ja vue for me like. The more we fail to win at home, the more precarious that table gets. Hey, I'm the first to hope we're all looking back at in May this moment laughing whilst dancing round the streets of Amsterdam..

Key to that is home fans not getting jittery, booing substitutions or at then end of games we deserved more from.

Support the whole squad and coaching staff.

We have less points than we deserve.

Oh great it's the fans fault again. Can we get some new ones in the window then?

Oh great it's the fans fault again. Can we get some new ones in the window then?

No, it's Ashley's fault, but we can't get a new chairman in the window.

I'm saying let's not take it out on the lads - half of who are busting a gut and playing to the best of their (championship) ability, the other half who have the class to lift us out of it and just need to find the form/fitness - or the manager - who's not been able to do anything but field championship/knackered players.

Only Newcastle United could go from top 6 contenders to relegation fodder in 5 months. It's staggering really.

Common sense suggest the loss of our top scorer will not result in a upturn in form, rather it is more likely to be the nail in the coffin. Unless despite his goals he was a negative influence in the DR. Clutching....

What do we get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was our chairman, Ashley, you shoulda looked out for us a little bit. You shoulda taken care of us just a little bit so we wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money. You don't understand. We coulda had class. We coulda been a contender. We coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what we are, let's face it. It was you, Ashley.

What do we get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was our chairman, Ashley, you shoulda looked out for us a little bit. You shoulda taken care of us just a little bit so we wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money. You don't understand. We coulda had class. We coulda been a contender. We coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what we are, let's face it. It was you, Ashley.

:)

'Wiping our mouths' to mediocrity.

Hmm train of thought at the minute is...

If we don't have a good window I reckon we could be very strong contenders to go down, no matter who manages the team.

Ashley would have to be retarded not to back his manager properly in this window. Especially with the extra money coming into the league next year - we'll be at a serious disadvantage when contending with ''lesser'' teams when we do get back up.

Our current senior strikers are Ameobi & Cisse. In the last couple of windows we've let Ba, Best & Lovenkrands leave - so far with no replacements for any of them and a losing team is no place to be bedding in youngsters, Nor is it a place for idealist tiki taka - especially with players like Williamson who shit themselves as soon as they get the ball before hoofing it. I'm not advocating long ball per se - just a more flexible system without the compliants - people were entitled to make - at the start of the season as they could expect decent football from a team who's best football was played on the deck - but who's best victories may have been long ball. It shouldn't have to be one or the other I suppose.

Play for the win forget the aesthetics, get behind the team but pray to god the board gets behind the manager.

Pardew is now 8/1 with the bookies to go. It wouldn't suprise me if they got shot of him if results don't pick up sharpish, just to cover them not splashing out in the summer. They'll probably think that the players they brought in for the devolpment squad would have been good enough to cover, thinking that Pardew should've got the results with them.

Edited by @yourservice

It's fair to say most people were quite dissapointed and concerned by the summer window and a lot were shocked.

There's no hiding from it for the ''board'', They've screwed up and left the team criminally short. Although we've had enough bad luck with injuries & suspensions to bring our fears to life the board should have a better contingency plan than ''Let's hope...''.

We don't need to splash the cash & go crazy but sometimes for the greater good we need to spend the extra £500'000 or whatever to aqquire a target because it effects players morale as well as fans.

Regarding youths - Bigirimana highlights perfectly how much the other youngsters need to go out on loan to get games.

Pardew is now 8/1 with the bookies to go. It wouldn't suprise me if they got shot of him if results don't pick up sharpish, just to cover them not splashing out in the summer.

It will depend on how much Ashley was able to get on at the bookies before the odds dropped.

Who do you replace Pardew with? If he sacked him he'd probably play his Geordie Mafia card again and keep on Carver and Stone but put Pedro in charge. Then when we go down we'll get the blame for it being accused of wanting 'lercals' in who understand the club etc which is bollocks.

I really don't see that there's any advantage at all in getting rid of Pardew. How often have you seen teams right in the relegation fight sack their manager and it have any positive impact on their season. He has definitely made mistakes this season but he's also been hamstrung by the owners lack of investment and an awful run of injuries. He's the same bloke who guided us to fifth last season and got the manager of the year award. Yes he's far from perfect you're not going to get better at this stage and I think getting rid would just disrupt us more than it could lead to surge in confidence or anything like that.

I really don't see that there's any advantage at all in getting rid of Pardew. How often have you seen teams right in the relegation fight sack their manager and it have any positive impact on their season. He has definitely made mistakes this season but he's also been hamstrung by the owners lack of investment and an awful run of injuries. He's the same bloke who guided us to fifth last season and got the manager of the year award. Yes he's far from perfect you're not going to get better at this stage and I think getting rid would just disrupt us more than it could lead to surge in confidence or anything like that.

If he ever plays Cisse out wide and shola in the middle again he won't be sacked cos I'll strangle the twat with his own urethra first.

If he ever plays Cisse out wide and shola in the middle again he won't be sacked cos I'll strangle the twat with his own urethra first.

made me feel happy :-):-):-)